Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Jungle Wars: Island of Lingor

Is there any hope for ALICE compatibility, now that Duala 1.95 has been posted? :)

What do you mean, "ALICE-Expansion" works with Lingor since first version?

New vegetation brg_africa from Duala 1.95 can be put to Lingor and see the difference with AI. I'll update Lingor asap.

Nice one mate, another nice island...

I do not fallow addon makers often I just grab something from time to time and I must admit that you impresed me a lot with many datails of your islands.

I didn't try the rest Panthere and Jade Grove, are they finished?

The most important question is, why don't you put those 4 islands in to one map... that could be somethinw awesome especialy for missions like warfare. Where you play on 4 not connected island and you must move you armored units etc by airlift option.

Do you have plans for this or is it too much work for one addon maker? :)

The only problem is that I would need to combine ground textures for all island and make a super huge satimage... and I don't have a PC that powerful :) I could resize the satimage, but it would look shit.

Maybe I can do it if BIS will enabl me to make that project for A3 next year.

What happened to the Luala & Dingor idea, icebreaker?

Is it still uptodate to change vegetation on both islands? I really would appreciate that... :)

Kind reagrds,

Mike

The only problem is that I would need to combine ground textures for all island and make a super huge satimage... and I don't have a PC that powerful :) I could resize the satimage, but it would look shit.

Maybe I can do it if BIS will enabl me to make that project for A3 next year.

I've no idea what are you talking about but lets hope that one of the developers peek in here and expresses willingness to help you mate.

These islands are too different, so combining them near each other would not add any accuracy IMO.

OK I can´t find the last clue So far I have found 5 Stones. The fifth one says:

Donde los rios se encuentran, existe un claro, norte e el oeste se puede evadir

I don´t get it. i think it has to be somewhere around Prospero but I can´t find it. I noticed that the stones have numbers on them. Are those numbers mirrored or are they upside down?

EDIT: Nevermind I found the stone

EDIT: OK I solved the riddle. I was really surprised

Edited by Tonci87

i think you could combine Duala and Lingor successfully - a gradual transition from desert to jungle will work

That would mean a 20x20 map... maybe one day if I invest in a new computer, SSDs etc ;)

But since A3 is coming out next year, I'm not to eager to release anything new. We miss missions on islands already made, so that is my focus right now.

As a geographer I can say deserts won't look real near jungle:) Maybe savannahs... This islands have too different environments.

As a pedant I can say deserts won't look real near jungle:) Maybe savannahs... This islands have too different environments.

Fixed.

;1955249']What happened to the Luala & Dingor idea' date=' icebreaker?

Is it still uptodate to change vegetation on both islands? I really would appreciate that... :)

Kind reagrds,

Mike[/quote']

I will do that for both islands. Hopefully more missions will be made then by players.

I think the lack of missions is overall lack of will to make missions, and not specifically lack of will to make missions for those islands.

Hello

I'm using the expansion ALICE module, but I can't seem to get any civilians walking about. Can you help me?

I'm using "this setvariable ["townlist",[vidora,rosalia,morada]];this setVariable ["debug",true];" in the module. Is this wrong? The debug does not produce any map markers.

Edited by SCAJolly

Use Alice - Expansion module, the A2 doesn't work as there are mostly A2OA buildings on the map.

I am really looking forward to this map, but I am having trouble getting it running.

I downloaded BRG Africa, MBG Buildings, ibr_plants, and the island itself. I then created a shortcut with the following:

-nosplash -mod=@LINGOR@BRG_AFRICA

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

You're missing a ; between the mods. But don't even bother with -mod= line, you can enable disable addon folders under Expansions in game's main menu (only if you're *not* using -mod line).

Oh thanks it works now. Looks stunning, really took a hit to the framerate though...

I am running Vanilla Arma2 so I dont have the expansions menu...

In that case you're missing most of the villages etc. Lingor requires Arrowhead. Buy it, its worth it ;)

It didnt mention the requirement for OA at the Armaholic page....

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

but it seems to work fine anyway....Doesnt look like any content is missing.

It didnt mention the requirement for OA at the Armaholic page....

:confused:

Maybe cause the addon is in the OA download section anyway?