Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Where/how/when to buy ARMA2:OA?

I'll check my local retail outlets for an actual physical copy first. If I don't find one, (probably will not find one, as BIS is using a little-known publisher), I'll buy a copy from Sprocket (hopefully with no complications like last time). ;)

Laqueesha: what were the problems with Sprocket last time?

I tried to re-download a copy of a game I purchased previously and ran into several roadblocks along the way (mainly because Sprocket was doing some major re-organizing when I tried to re-download) It's a long story. No hard feelings, though. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Can I cancel my preorder via sprocket? They already took my 30€s. :D

Official pre-order overview

Inofficial pre-order overview

D/L versions:

Sprocket

Steam: n/a yet

Boxed versions:

*Australia: Ezy and Play-asia

*France: Amazon

*Germany (German *and* English): Amazon

*UK: Amazon and Play and BlahDVD

*US: Amazon and GameStop

As soon as there's more info available, post here and/or make sure some mod updates this first post.

Could some one who has used a Sprocket D/L version before, give us a heads up on the process

*Downloading, time, program used ?

*Installation any different processes ?

They need to promote this heavily on STEAM and rake in a lot of $$$

Ordered and paid via Sprocket, cant wait, I hope there wont be any problems with Sprocket...:bounce3:

Hello,

I sent an email off to Game asking about Operation Arrowhead and it looks like they will not be selling it - or not until after it is released anyway:

Thank you for your email.

I have spoken to our buying team and as yet there are no plans to stock this product. However this may change and as soon as we have more information we will update our website.

Looks like I will be ordering from Play.com. I've never had a problem with them and usually get my deliverys pretty fast and on time. They tend to be good on price too.

Regards,

James

For all the CANADIAN supporters.

I have been in contact with Meridian 4, their response has been quick and I must say

very friendly,

I have confirmation from Meridian 4 that the best place for us to purchase will be: WALLMART Canada and through Amazon for a Non digital copy.

Question: Does anybody know if Wallmart does pre-orders?

Edited by SWAT_CDN

Question: Does anybody know if Wallmart does pre-orders?

Maybe in-store but not online, Walmart.ca is a barely functioning website as it is.

My experience with Walmart in Canada is they never really know if and when they'll be getting anything. The PC games section in Vancouver stores is a pathetic mess

just a bunch of random games stuffed together on a tiny shelf with crazy pricing.

I'm sure Bestbuy, EB Games and NCIX will be getting it.

It's like teaching a man to fish instead of buying him a fish. They are basically telling you that if you learn to use the force then you won't need a mouse and keyboard.

Anyways... back on topic.

I ordered from playasia but haven't ever ordered anything from them before (but I've heard good things). Originally when the English version of ArmA 2 came out I ordered from CDWOW. It took 2 weeks after release for them to tell me that they wouldn't have stock of the item for another 4-8 weeks, so never going that path again. I'll stick with my playasia order unless Steam happen to get it before they post it.

I've bought stuff off Playasia in the past, they're still a pretty reliable store as far as I'm aware :)

Aww pauld you beat me to it, The problem is that its only available on the 2nd of July, I guess if i havent receieved my copy from play by then, I will get out there and buy it

Any idea whether the US version will be DVD locked to region 1? I ordered 1 US version from PlayAsia.com while I am living in South East Asia.

Aren't all PC games multi-region? Or should I say, they don't even depend on the region?

To add to Pauld's list (they're the same company anyway).

Gameplay £17.99 - ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead (PC) at Gameplay - FREE UK Delivery and if you go via topcashback you get (eventually) 6% (£1) back. :p

Date is wrong, I'm sure they'll change it. Hopefully get it a day before although due to a Tuesday release, it might be unlikely.

UK buyers >>> PLAY.com

£16.99 delivered, you can't ask for better price.

I've never had a problem with wrong item sent but I guess there's always a 1st....

Edited by EDcase

UK buyers >>> PLAY.com

£16.99 delivered, you can't ask for better price.

I've never had a problem with wrong item sent but I guess there's always a 1st....

i would not even bother even if the game costs a penny.