Sign in to follow this  

Lack of PvP in Oz (Zero PvP in Oz)

(...) but you build the facilities and the pubs will come.

That's spot on. Also have in mind that some more tactical PvP modes (AAS comes to mind) have at least some learning curve, so in order to have a full server it helps to have a consistent offering.

:cheers: qwertz

Edited by qwertz

Just because something was done in the past (we talking about a year ago) doesn't mean it can be easily replicated now. You already had your chance, you had a server and tried running AAS missions and people didn't join. Now that's a FACT. :p

You are wrong, plain and simple... It does take a few ppl online to get the ball rolling and yes the player base was generally members but there is not 40+ active ogn ArmA members let alone all playing PvP.... try again.

OGN is still dead. Almost no OGN players are playing ArmA 2 anymore.

Yes I believe ogn is dead... no thanks to management.

You have to understand that's where the majority of your PvP players came from.

answered above... your wrong.

It's true that AAS/PvP was a success tonight, but only because AEF swarmed on their server like the well oiled clan they are. It was also a organised event, not a last minute thing, so people made an effort to turn up. Over 60% of players were from AEF clan. We wouldn't have had the numbers for AAS without them. PvP is not something they normally do, however tonight was quite a bit of fun, so they will probably do it again next week (but not every night, like you want)... As a one of event, it was a success, as a trial run for running 24x7 PvP.... not even close....

You've never been part of a clan, or any community really, you've never ran a server or admined one, and you rarely joined our server when AAS was bringing in ~50 players but you 'seem' have a hell of alot of 'experience' and 'knowledge' with the inner workings of... everything...

truth is you think you know everything when you've never been there.... you don't know what you're talking about fb.

This is the last time I'm going to give you this advice, but GO MAKE SOME FRIENDS.

lol... are you talking to me or is this a echo... rings true of someone else fb... don't ya think.

ANZINS are a PvP orientated clan, go talk to them. NZArmA have the servers, and don't mind a bit of PvP, talk to them. AusArmA is the biggest gathering of ArmA players for Aus/NZ so try posting there... seriously, you wonder why your previous attempts fail when you seclude yourself to OGN who are all off playing Racing/Flight sims or busy with real life.

I'm not ogn and haven't been for a few months....

The more you think you know, the less you know and the less you'll learn...

P.S: ANZINS is another clan you might want to contact. They are primarily into PvP and are working on some new AAS style maps with stronger team work and a focus on working in fire teams.

Thx for the tip... I haven't really explored it but will look into it :)

I if wanted to play against AI, I would play single-player. If I want to play against other people I will play multi-player. PvP just makes sense.

Damn straight.

Yes the server had a large AEF presence, but you build the facilities and the pubs will come.

Exactly how it was done at ogn, you NEED that member player base... critical mass of around 8-10 players and the flood gates will open :)

I'm glad AEF are providing something for PvP fans, on a passworded server they still got ~30 players... there is no arguing that there is demand.

You people have lost perspective

Yes I believe ogn is dead... no thanks to management.

Disgrace 76. I am ashamed.

WEll in the new version of warfare, support for utes is added. Having a test run of it today and ahving played an AAS mission on utes, it feels like a happy balance between the players who will want PvP action and those who still like having some ai around.

The Utes version is enjoyable if you have the parameters set to suit

I'll get some more of the VMA guys along for the next one. I posted the PVP in our forums and got replys like "If I want to play Sector Control I'll just play Bad Company". Then in the first 20 min I was getting all this bitching over comms. But then it suddenly went click and people got into P vs P mode. Now they can't stop raving about :yay:

Yeah, PvP is a touchy subject for some clan players but it's no different than COOP though. People's playing style seems to be what defines the clan they choose and what server they play on. Same goes with PvP, where traditionally it has a 'spammy' reputation.

Most of the Aussie clans like playing seriously and using team tactics. This normally goes out the door in PvP. However, with determination, you guys can still play PvP tactically, you just have to try harder or play scenario based PvP.

NZArmA and ANZINS did it on Saturday night really well, playing PvP using ACE2 and A2TS (basically playing modified AAS).

NZArmA and ANZINS did it on Saturday night really well, playing PvP using ACE2 and A2TS (basically playing modified AAS).

If they are like minded as those discussing here, we will soon see a announcement post in the appropriate place;)

you just have to try harder or play scenario based PvP.

Which is probably why it's not happening.

Shouldn't you guys really be keeping issues with OGN to the OGN forums? :confused:

Seems this thread has become a place for you to all air out your dirty laundry...

site_logo.png

P vs P Friday

TS3 Details:b_350x20_C9D6D01-6E4307-FFFFFF-000000.png

Server Details:b_350x20_C5A6C3E-383F2D-D2E1B5-2E3226.png

Date: 04/06/2010

Kickoff Time: 7pm AEST

Mission: The Utes Battle Arena

Password: YES via TS3 Only

Addons Needed: Vanilla only!!!! No exceptions signatures will allow nothing else in to ensure stability

Server Admin: A6 / Rommel

So then I guess this recent poll on OGN is wrong?

Yes it is. You need those 40+ being "Active" and "playing PvP".

Anyone interested in PvP or AAS, please join the server tonight as per SnR's previous post. Should be a good turnout, and good fast server that can cope with large number of players.

Fantastic thread as usual.....

:/

Anyway, apparently the PvP went really well tonight so we are looking at doing it more often, maybe every friday or 2nd friday. Semi-serious PvP with some AAS,warfare or whatever else people want to play on the night.

Everyone is invited (yay!). You must be on teamspeak or you can't join, this makes the night 100% more organised as everyone can listen to what's going on & communicate effectively.

The server will be switching between AEF, VMA/AAF + whoever else wants to donate thier resources for a night. We should be able to distro the server configs for the night because it was 100% without any crashes.

Edited by cm.

Fantastic thread as usual.....

:/

Could of been.... hopefully now it maybe... this bs follows me on bi forums, I never start shit but I responded badly once attacked hence the broken thread... sorry.

Anyway, apparently the PvP went really well tonight so we are looking at doing it more often, maybe every friday or 2nd friday. Semi-serious PvP with some AAS,warfare or whatever else people want to play on the night.

Great :) So maybe now you'll see what I was saying before the usual suspects jumped me ... I had mentioned PvP on your site quite some time ago, didn't get much response... just glad someone is providing it now, thx cm, SnR etc :)

edit:

You people have lost perspective

Disgrace 76. I am ashamed.

Its my opinion.

Whats the latest news you've heard? .... and when was the last time you did hear something?

You can be ashamed for my opinion.... thats up to you

Edited by 76

I never start shit but I responded badly once attacked hence the broken thread... sorry.

wow, pretty sure you were having a crack at someone in your second post werent ya? if you cant handle being attacked then you should probably use a bit more tact in your posts.

Im fairly new to the Arma series so the only gametypes ive experienced are Dom and Warfare, got bored of Coop pretty quickly but I am hopelessly addicted to warfare atm, think ive clocked up around 100hrs in the last month or so in the GoN server, love the mix of strategy and FPS.

Does PvP offer the same level of strategy as warfare? or is it more CoD style gameplay?

If you feel that you'd like some PVP, we hold them every Friday vs other clans. We still follow our CO-OP tactics to some degree during these operations, not a free for all fragfest, and all of our members love it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99589

We also have large sunday operations, so we have a lot to offer to those who wish to play on the weekends.

If you feel that you'd like some PVP
Nice offer but as part of the Thread title shows, most of the people who have posted here would need to get out of bed to come play in pajamas;)

....Inserts Men at work .....

DNT7uZf7lew

Well, Friday night's PvP wasn't as popular this week. Less organizing went into it this time and less people turned up even though it wasn't password protected for once (from the start).

I still think 24x7 PvP is a bad idea. GoN (24x7 warfare) is the only server that almost always has good numbers (even 5-8 early in the mornings). When setting up the parameters in Warfare, many people ask for lots of towns, lots of AI. They aren't interested in small-scale Warfare maps with a focus on PvP. We did play a few rounds of AAS last week, and have to say, I think it peaked at 35 or so players for a bit, before everyone started whining for Warfare again after 3 AAS rounds.

I think that pretty much sums up most people's feelings on AAS (and other PvP). It's great fun, if you don't play it too much. 24x7 PvP... hmmm.... organized PvP nights certainly....

I've been playing AAS in armacalypse almost every night of the week the past couple weeks. Between 11pm and 3am EST there always 10 to 25 people.

I've been playing AAS in armacalypse almost every night of the week the past couple weeks. Between 11pm and 3am EST there always 10 to 25 people.

i think you'll find most people don't want to stay up past 12pm on a normal night..

Is this thread still going, i thought it died like PvP :p

Not all bad news the Mac daddys of PvP, OGN will soon return to finish off Arma II with a bang.

i think you'll find most people don't want to stay up past 12pm on a normal night..

I think I'm wondering why they are doing it then. :confused:

Have in mind 11pm EST is 8pm PST, thats when most people get to their PC after coming home from work on the West Coast.

Is this thread still going, i thought it died like PvP :p

Australia seems to be the only region w/o at least one halfway popular PvP community/server...wonder why this is. :rolleyes:

:cheers: qwertz

Edited by qwertz