Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[camp] p i r o g

Thanks to report this Turin, I'll check the 3rd mission.

I tested it many times, but my only problem was, the 2nd truck sometimes stucked in the village at the very begining.

Once again, Bardosy delivers an intense campaign which redefines how we look at ArmA2.

Extremely well done, I loved every minute of this campaign, as with Chesty Puller!!

Please don't stop making campaigns for ArmA2.

I just tested the 3rd mission WITH ACE2 and it went fine... Except it's very hard... :) So I can surround the last village, but CDF fanked us and I gave up. :P

But at the meeting point I met with the contact guy who guide me to the group of Chedaki.

Is it possible the problem, you search the contact guy EXACT place as the marker is? Because he's a little bit away from the market, the right side of the road.

Hey Bardosy, thanks for this new creation of yours, as usual, it is great. Please keep on making such great custom stuff for this game.

In mission two, I saw a BTR-90 parking next to me in the beginning of the mission. I used it for clearing the mortar hill, but it was very easy with it so I felt like I was cheating hehe... Did you intended that the player will use it?

@Variable: Heheh you noticed it... Most players like the hill-clearing action, but there is a few (including me) who found it too hard. That BTR was deployed for them :). If someone complain me, because he tried to clear the hill three times but failed, I can suggest him to use the BTR. :P

The Mortar Hill is really very hard to clear because of the AA guns up there (even harder with my AI Mods), they rip your Squad to pieces in no time.....

MAybe you should have installed AA rocket launcher instead of these^^

@Variable: Heheh you noticed it... Most players like the hill-clearing action, but there is a few (including me) who found it too hard. That BTR was deployed for them :). If someone complain me, because he tried to clear the hill three times but failed, I can suggest him to use the BTR. :P

Heh, i used both the BTR and the Hind parked in the hill in that mission. Of course i had to call 2-3 arty strikes to clear armor / AA, then used the Hind with AI in the gunner positions to clear the infantry.

Hey, I didn't think about that chopprt! :) But that is not a Hind, it's a Mi-8. Funny. I was just so slow in the testing phaes, that chopper always escaped, when I was close. But if you are quick and shoot the driver, you can use it. Smart engough!

Yeah, i rushed with the btr around their right flank, and saw a pilot running to the chopper. I killed him just in time!

But the fifth mission is killing me. Just when i take the second town an enemy armor attack comes, and hit me hard, i tried to call my armor group but a tow who was still alive in the distance killed them, at a distance of 1400 mts. :/

Just an another trick: take Matis rocket from your BMP! and arm your men with AT from that BMP too...

Just an another trick: take Matis rocket from your BMP! and arm your men with AT from that BMP too...

Thanks for the hint. After another 90 minutes... i did it. Final score of the mission: 16600 points.

Just as a curiosity, wouldn't the lowest score be the best to aim for as a commander? :) Thinking like that tends to keep my head lower on the enemies "deck of cards", keeping me safer.

First post UPDATED. Version 1.1 available from direct download.

The new version contains many language correction by KommieKat.

So where am i supposed to find this "campaign" folder where i am supposed to put this PBO file?

You need to create it yourself. Its "Campaigns" with s and put it main ArmA2 folder.

If you don't find it under your ArmA2 folder, just create a new one.

Where did you intall ArmA2? Just try to check this: C:\Program Files\ArmA2

I havent tried custom campaigns before so that probably the reason why i dont have that folder :)

First post UPDATED. Version 1.1 available from direct download.

The new version contains many language correction by KommieKat.

Thanks to Mr.Bardosy, we communicated more this time around and I was able to get more of an idea as to what he was trying to express.

Sorry people for the 1.0 text version. The English was so bad, I was stuffing my eyes with chopped onions......:eek:

If you're new to the campaign, by all means download it.

If you've already played it, well, download it anyways.....:D

Good campaign!

Only me thinks that Chernarus is made for future pc systems....got very low fps with urban combat in Berezino.

Somehow I miss cutscenes that describe or show a bit of soldiers life. Nothing big - just not only going from one mission to another. :)

Now I'm at "Dolgarukiy" and will see how long the CDF can hold the towns.

The only issue ive had so far is some stutter during the first cut scene which is understandable with so many units on screen, other than that really enjoying it! That assault on the artillery position on the second mission was solid, took me several attempts! :D

In that third mission i had some trouble with clearing that hill on foot, havent noticed any tank though so didnt bother retrying from the start.

I stuck through though and finished it with just 2 casualties on my team, killing the heli pilot as he took off resulting in the chopper crashing into a bunker ^^

I am now in the 4th mission where you control multiple squads. I cleared the village and freed 2 sets of hostages, one set in a barn and the other set at the other end of the village outside of a barn.

The entire village was cleared and i went a bit farther south to the last bit of the village and killed some last dudes. Now all is clear but the task does not sign off?

What is your last task?

Because after free the both set of hostige, you got new order to pursuite CDF troops to South (to a town, but I don't remember the name). So go there (South) and capture that town (with a 3rd set of hostages)!

In the Liberation mission i get a CTD when the truck arrives at the marked location and attempts to stop. tried it several times, also without addons.