Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

Auto-update pushed & Zip Package updated

supports 1.57

New standalone server hotfix 1.57.76903 was released. Is it supported? Seems working...

Hey everyone! Jaynus, thanks for all the hard work that goes into this project, it's an amazing accomplishment!

I came here for a bit of help. I've used your mod since day one, so I'm used to properly installing and updating the files. Though it seems I've now met my match ;) Hopefully someone can lend me a hand so I can get ACRE back up and running again.

Long story short, I had to install a new hard drive. Was using XP, now I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. I installed the Client 64 bit version of TS3 and the latest ACRE exe while logged into my Administrator account. I also grabbed the latest copy of Jayarma2lib from jaynus's page (v1.4.8). For everyday use, I log into Win7 under a Standard account for security purposes and grant permissions for administrator privileges as they arise. No biggie...

On the Arma2 side, I got the game + expansions through Steam, I use Spirit Machine's launcher to load the game as Combined Ops, etc etc. I have the latest dsound.dll in both the A2OA root directory, as well as in the expansion/beta folder.

On the TS side, I run the program as administrator (from the Standard account) and the plugin shows that it loaded correctly.

I've tried loading A2 with and without the beta (just in case) but I always manage to get the "Acre is not connected to TS" message in the top right of my screen. The radio-blip test fails every time, I hit <capslock> and the Transmit indicator shows up but no squawk sound plays . I can see the ACRE radio in my ruck and interact with the Ctrl Shft V-C-X menus properly. Just this morning, I loaded an MP mission while connected to a TS server and waited let it run for about 15 minutes to be sure there wasn't a delay in the syncing process, but no luck.

So... Is there anything I may be overlooking or forgetting about here? I had it working flawlessly in XP just last week but I can't seem to get it to load properly now. The modline includes CBA, Jayarma2lib, Acre, JSRS, ACE, ACEX... So I don't think it's a commandline issue... My userconfig folder contains the Acre folder which has the clientside config and keys files...

Any ideas? I've tried all I can think of... But I'm determined to get it running again! ;)

Thanks in advance for all the help and support! =)

Edited by Spectator6

@Spectator6

from the man:

run arma2 as admin to make sure jayarma2lib is updating correctly.. then let me know

:)

Hi Loki, thanks for the quick reply! (I realize it's New Year's too, so I appreciate the help, but in no way is it expected today! There's def no rush)

I tried running everything from the Administrator account and got the same result. The good news is that I must be using the most recent version since a newer one wasn't detected.

I know in the past, whenever the Jayarma2 update message would come up after detecting a new version available, I would have to run it from the Admin account (like you advised). Otherwise the CMD prompt would crash/hang. So I'd hop over to the admin side, start Arma, let it auto-update, the command prompt screen would show up, it would do it's thing then show update applied successfully.

After that, I'd log out of my Admin account, go back into the Standard, then load from there. But Admin or Standard, I get the not connected message on both accounts

Hi new to the forum so go easy on me .

I'm have exactly the same problem as spectator6 with my acre.I had acre working perfectly and then a changed hard drives and installed windows 7 ,i installed every thing arma2 related exactly as i did before on my old hard drive but it will not work.

Every thing is where it supposed to be and Jayarma2lib auto updates .I've kick my pc round the room several time but that did not fix it either,i would realy like to get acre to work again as i realy like playing arma 2 with this mod

Have you tried asking in the ACRE thready Mick? You will find that in the completed addons section. Welcome to the forums :).

Hi new to the forum so go easy on me .

I'm have exactly the same problem as spectator6 with my acre.I had acre working perfectly and then a changed hard drives and installed windows 7 ,i installed every thing arma2 related exactly as i did before on my old hard drive but it will not work.

Every thing is where it supposed to be and Jayarma2lib auto updates .I've kick my pc round the room several time but that did not fix it either,i would realy like to get acre to work again as i realy like playing arma 2 with this mod

welcome to the forums... i have asked the jaynus what is going on.. he is checking.

Hey Hellfire!

The reason this seems to be a JA2L issue is because Acre itself works as it should. The menu items work, the radios are accessible, etc. The only thing keeping the icing off the cake is that it's not properly communicating with TS.

So that's why I posted this here =)

Do me a favor Loki and tell "The Man" that we say thanks for checking! If you need me to post some more information, just let me know, I'll do what I can!

Hey Hellfire!

The reason this seems to be a JA2L issue is because Acre itself works as it should. The menu items work, the radios are accessible, etc. The only thing keeping the icing off the cake is that it's not properly communicating with TS.

Run TS as admin. Only way i can use ACRE. I have basic UAC running on my current Win7 machine. I will get all the ACRE stuff, menu ect,but no actual radio working untill i run TS as admin (right click on the TS3.exe ,choose run as Admin)

just to clarify i alway's run teamspeak as an admin :) acre still will not work i can see the radio's in game i can bring up an empty interface console where the radio's should be but their is a message in the top right corner of the screen telling me acre is not connected to teamspeak:confused:

Yeah, same here Mucky. That's what makes this such a strange issue KKB :confused:

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Hey Mucky, etal, I just got it working on my end. Try this out and see if it works for you!

It's nothing special. All I did was log into my Admin account and reinstall Acre from using the installer exe file here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110747

Then I started SpiritMachine's launcher *also as Admin*. It detected a new version of JA2L, and I told it to update. It does it's thing and restarts Arma.

I exit out of Arma, log out of my Admin account and into my Standard account.

Then I load TS as Admin *AND* the Launcher as Admin (I wasn't loading the launcher as Admin before).

Something else I may have done wrong in the past... Whenever I installed Jaynus's latest file from his site (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/files), I first deleted my old Jayarma2lib folder so as to do a "fresh" install. But I think the file is meant to overwrite the information because when I did a "fresh" install from the link above, my auxiliary folder, etc would be empty.

This has worked for me, I hope it works for you =)

Props to Loki and Jaynus for their support! :yay:

Hey I've been trying to use your program and had it finally working. I use RTE and now rte wants us to use jayarma2lib as the dll. Well, everything goes fine getting into it and even using bis units for export.

Now i tried adding ACE to it, and i have it up and running. If i place items and export everything is fine, but if i edit weapons using the rte, thats when problems start.

So far what i have found is if i take a unit and give him the ACE_1RND_M203, it causes export to crash and it stops at that point. In the game that round is called m406 HE. When i reload and only take that item off it works. But that's not all.

I have found the problem with a medic too. I'm not sure if it's the ear plugs or something the medic has. Other than the m406 the other crashes seem to be a little random, but always crashing when there is an ACE magazine or weapon.

I've mentioned this issue to both ACE and RTE but get no response. I assume it is an ACE issue with Jayarma or the other way around. Because it deals with the export only, of an ACE item.

I have been at this a week now. Wasting every available playing time trying to figure out whats wrong. Please dont' ignore this like the others do.

Thanks

I am very confused.

I was told from Jonos (RTE) that if RTE can't connect to capture, then jayarma2lib is not working or not on.

So after all of them have proven to be working and all are connected, in the middle of exporting, rte and capture loses their connection. And jayarma2lib is their connection. Capture, still thinks it's connected to rte, but rte tells me that capture is not started. So that sounds like jayarma right?

This is the error i get in the buglog of Capture:

"Start of export

Found start of export, but already started.

End of export"

But this time I got a new error. Maybe you can tell me who is responsible for this or what it means:

fXML_Data.MainNode not set. Missing start.

Parsing fXML_Data.Group aborted

I also get a message saying "exception occured, pipe not found". I believe that I saw a jayarma thread that says if you get a pipe error, then jayarma is not working.

So I don't know much of anything about how these all work, but i had two sources pointing to these situations meaning jayarma is not working. Maybe it is caused by RTE but what would cause that to happen?

Thanks

I do hope Jaynus will be returning. Waiting patiently for beta update...

he udapte every new beta patch ..... try with the auto udapter

WB Jaynus. Small suggestion: can the autoupdater make a copy of dsound.dll into @JayArma2Lib as well ? It would help with keeping a YAS repository for this up to date and complete.

Thanks!