Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

Yes, SQLite is faster, however, MySQL has a nice way of connecting to remote databases. Since the gameserver executable is most likely not running on the webserver, it's tough to integrate the two if people want to save stats, track players, have custom loadouts, etc. So is there zero chance of MySQL support in the future?

For stat tracking, though, OA already provides sending out-bound 1-way UDP packets.

Can anyone point me to the SQLite functions? I see that 1.0 includes SQLite support and commands, but I can't seem to find the documentation.

Readme only shows up to file logging.

Not sure if this is the correct place - if it's not, I apologize.

Anyway, I'm trying to tinker around with named pipes, but I can't seem to make it work.

arma2.rpt :

Error in expression <R_ERR_U") then {_pipeHandle = nil;};_pipeHandle>
 Error position: <_pipeHandle>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _pipehandle
File x\jayarma2lib\addons\pipe\fnc_openPipe.sqf, line 9

Code in question :

IpcPipeHandle = ["\\.\pipe\JaynusPipeTest"] call jayarma2lib_fnc_openpipe;

- returns nil

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Nice!

Sadly however I only see 1.2.6 on the download page and there are no docs or examples in that file, but the forum post says 1.2.7 and the Readme mentioned docs and examples.

What am I missing?

Yes, SQLite is faster, however, MySQL has a nice way of connecting to remote databases. Since the gameserver executable is most likely not running on the webserver, it's tough to integrate the two if people want to save stats, track players, have custom loadouts, etc. So is there zero chance of MySQL support in the future?

I've never found it hard to do, though I do have a preference for Linux as the OS, ohh wait, never mind that preference is for all machines, but then there is no Linux client hence me having to post this from Windows XP Pro.

Anyway, back to the point, "Yes, SQLite is faster".

Also neither requires a webserver and SQLite is a single file system I think and it does not require an additional process if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by callihn

Firefly's point was, if you want to create a website and to make it interact both ways with a gameserver, it's easier with MySQL holding the data via a TCP/IP connection. With SqlLite you must provide direct access to the db file. In typical scenarios the webserver and gameserver are not on the same machine so it's tricky when you want both website and game to update the DB and keep things in sync.

Firefly's point was, if you want to create a website and to make it interact both ways with a gameserver, it's easier with MySQL holding the data via a TCP/IP connection. With SqlLite you must provide direct access to the db file. In typical scenarios the webserver and gameserver are not on the same machine so it's tricky when you want both website and game to update the DB and keep things in sync.

So why would you want to do that, what in game data would you want to use on a website?

And more importantly, when are we going to see this 1.2.7 version, the docs and examples?

So why would you want to do that, what in game data would you want to use on a website?

And more importantly, when are we going to see this 1.2.7 version, the docs and examples?

Hmm let me GUESS... perhaps live stats readouts, leaderboards, enemies killed / friendlies killed, objectives taken, accuracy... need I go on?

External connection for Arma 2 has many possibilities.

One example - reading and assigning personal preference of equipment selection based on player ID at the start of a mission for example (where allowed).

Players would optionally go to the website and set their kit preferences then spend less crate time in game.

One example - reading and assigning personal preference of equipment selection based on player ID at the start of a mission for example (where allowed).

Players would optionally go to the website and set their kit preferences then spend less crate time in game.

For the WIN!!

JayArma2lib: Incompatible version of uneable to check version!!

OA v1.54

ATT WoODoO

JayArma2lib: Incompatible version of uneable to check version!!

OA v1.54

ATT WoODoO

Just hold your horses, release will probably be tomorrow when we put out ACRE v1.0.9 :)

Just hold your horses, release will probably be tomorrow when we put out ACRE v1.0.9 :)

I'm really looking forward to that :)

I'm really looking forward to that :)

Yeah, a whole bunch of us at arma.co.za are really enjoying this addon. Don't want to have to play without it... thanks for the hard work.

VERSION 1.3.0

- Added OA 1.54 proper non-steam support

- Added OA 1.54 proper steam support

- Added OA 1.54 Beta 72967 support

wooow thanks for this great udapte !

edit : latest jayarma2lib version with 1.54 crash (without beta) 10sec after splash screen CTD

Edited by M1n1d0u

wooow thanks for this great udapte !

edit : latest jayarma2lib version with 1.54 crash (without beta) 10sec after splash screen CTD

Already hotfixed. Re-download.

Note for 8/27/2010, after that disregard..

If you sync this via Six Updater, the crashy version is still on there. Jay has hotfixed the release but Sickboy will not be active until tonight, due to time difference, and therefore cannot update it until then.

Bugged version is version 4 on six updater.. I imagine the fixed one will be 5, after SB uploads it.

In the mean time, you could manually install jay's hotfix for now, and when you update Six Updater, I imagine it will blow away the files and make it's own when that time comes.

Cheers.

Bad version 4 from SU:

File: jayarma2lib.dll

MD5: e168f9a94d866695ab99dc70e2760a3f

Latest Download from Jay:

File: JayArma2lib.dll

MD5: 31a7ce9a23c5f79fda5fb2d35e35d342

Yup thanks for that Oktane.

copypasta pooper on my part. I really need to buy sprocket version for testing.

jayarma2lib doens't work with steam 1.54 or a new file for steam version ?

UPDATED TO VERSION 1.3.1

- FIX FOR NEW STEAM BINARY. STEAM IS NOW RUNNING BETA 72967

I really need to make an auto-updater :|

Hmm let me GUESS... perhaps live stats readouts, leaderboards, enemies killed / friendlies killed, objectives taken, accuracy... need I go on?

External connection for Arma 2 has many possibilities.

Nope that should generate enough IO on the machine to lag it down and stop you, ala AA3. ;)

Guess it might be worth a try, but from what I've seen so far ArmA does not play very well in that area.

UPDATED TO VERSION 1.3.1

- FIX FOR NEW STEAM BINARY. STEAM IS NOW RUNNING BETA 72967

I really need to make an auto-updater :|

Great!

Edited by callihn

Nope that should generate enough IO on the machine to lag it down and stop you, ala AA3. ;)

More reason to have a remote DB, no disk IO issues on the gameserver.

Updated to version 1.3.2.

Supports latest beta, B73115