Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

Dwarden hit the nail on the head. 32-bit 2010 runtime is required for the time being until I have the time to work out exactly why the static builds suddenly stopped working today.

EDIT:

Attempted fix pushed. Lets see if that works :|

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Hi all

Despite reverting to the earlier version of ACRE it now constantly complains that it cannot connect to Team Speak very odd.

Investigating and trying to figure it out. Can only work so fast :confused: I think I got it fixed anyways.

I am somewhat sceptical of the use of dll injection methods, which I understand you may be using jaynus, can you confirm this is correct?

If so is your source code open?

Kind Regards walker

Then don't use it. The code is only available to people on request on an as-needed basis. I refuse to let my work give amateur would-be-cheat-coders a leg-up; they need to rip apart arma2 and spend a couple hundred hours the same way I did.

Edited by jaynus

I had the msvcr100.dll stuff yesturday and installing 2010 C++ redist. fixed it perfectly. (on XP 32)

Edited by SAbre4809

Hi all

... The code is only available to people on request on an as-needed basis. I refuse to let my work give amateur would-be-cheat-coders a leg-up; they need to rip apart arma2 and spend a couple hundred hours the same way I did.

I presume you are aware that using direct injection of code in this way facilitates the execution of arbitrary code within the ArmA exe, that is after all its purpose:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_injection

and is considered a security weakness in and of itself

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Direct_Static_Code_Injection

The apparent inherent assumption that a cracker will not know this is remiss of you.

As a simple google search shows this not to be the case

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=direct+injection+dll

I am of course assuming you are an honnest person and would not just do such a thing your self,

but that futher an external entity subverting your auto update procedure facilitates and allows said external entity to alter and execute said arbitrary code.

A so called Man in the middle, Bucket Brigade, or Janus attack (amusing co-ink-idink :D )

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Man-in-the-Middle_Attack

That you are using Visual C++ run times further facilitate this.

The fact that your auto update does not ask permission to run first and that it runs via another program is not ideal.

Which is wherein the problem lies.

Therefor I think sadly, since I think the concept and scope of the ACRE project is grand, but I must take this option:

...Then don't use it.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Or suggest a way to disable the auto update and download the updates yourself from a website.

Or suggest a way to disable the auto update and download the updates yourself from a website.

Add -noautoupdate to shortcut

I had the msvcr100.dll stuff yesturday and installing 2010 C++ redist. fixed it perfectly. (on XP 32)

Are you running Xp SP3?

EDIT:

Attempted fix pushed. Lets see if that works :|

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I think you have it fixed. Was asked this morning if I wanted to update and I clicked yes. Read your post so did a re-boot and for the first time in days wasn't asked if I want to update. Congrats!

For XP users getting "Updater.exe has encountered a problem" error when running the auto updater, untick this box.

1zwk9hc.jpg

Edited by SAbre4809

Hi all

I presume you are aware that using direct injection of code in this way facilitates the execution of arbitrary code within the ArmA exe, that is after all its purpose:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_injection

and is considered a security weakness in and of itself

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Direct_Static_Code_Injection

The apparent inherent assumption that a cracker will not know this is remiss of you.

As a simple google search shows this not to be the case

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=direct+injection+dll

I am of course assuming you are an honnest person and would not just do such a thing your self,

but that futher an external entity subverting your auto update procedure facilitates and allows said external entity to alter and execute said arbitrary code.

A so called Man in the middle, Bucket Brigade, or Janus attack (amusing co-ink-idink :D )

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Man-in-the-Middle_Attack

That you are using Visual C++ run times further facilitate this.

The fact that your auto update does not ask permission to run first and that it runs via another program is not ideal.

Which is wherein the problem lies.

Therefor I think sadly, since I think the concept and scope of the ACRE project is grand, but I must take this option:

Kind Regards walker

I swear you type sometimes just to see your own writing walker... :p

still doesn't work for some person sorry jaynus ....

Thank's a lot.

This saved my day.

My issue was:

On WinXP, with instaled MS runtimes above, armalib at game start was giving me game exe error. Tried a workaround using older armalib, and without updating the error was "armalib not loaded". With updating it it gave me game exe error again, and good bye pepsi cola.

So the only solution was the link above.

Edited by Algrab

still doesn't work for some person sorry jaynus ....

How does it not work?

Errors?

Logs?

What pops up?

screenshots?

Whats it do?

Everything is working find for me, no issues.

JohnO

oki so :

How does it not work ? His game don't launch

Errors ? No

Logs ? nothing i think

What pop up ? No pop up

Screenshots ? Problem fix

What's it do ? he have the same problem than the other guys i send my jayarma2lib after he was udaptes his jayarma2lib with your link

since the last jayarma2lib update my acre don´t work

win 7 64

I have version 1.57 until friends of my community update for the 1.59 steam

Edited by Vinque

For a problem to be solved it needs more info than that.

Help Jaynus/others help you, post what happens, give a story, what you did, what came up, in what way does it not work (does it not link with TS?, are you permanently global?), etc. I understand there may be language difficulties, maybe look for someone in your community that can translate if that is the case.

But still the best way to fix an issue is on TS with someone.

Edited by SAbre4809

For a problem to be solved it needs more info than that.

Help Jaynus/others help you, post what happens, give a story, what you did, what came up, in what way does it not work (does it not link with TS?, are you permanently global?), etc. I understand there may be language difficulties, maybe look for someone in your community that can translate if that is the case.

But still the best way to fix an issue is on TS with someone.

Thanks, anyway I've fixed.

I was using a BETA PATCH (last of the 1.57) and now without that, no beta, it works!

yes, my english sucks :)

Hey Jaynus,

I'm having the error where the error meassage "JayArma2lib failed to load: incompatable version of arma or unable to check version"

I'm using win xp, Arma2oa is 1.59 stable

Acre is 1.2.7.333

Armalib is 1.4.19

I'm sure it installed correct as I've done this many times with same instructions, the TS3 update. so I'm not sure what this means. I've even installed the MS Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86).

For anyone working in C++, trying to use named pipes... here is some tips:

- when writing into a pipe handler externally, convert your string (say from std::string) to a LPCSTR cast string.

- when reading, you pull LPCSTR and need to convert to a usable string. I used a stringstream object for this.

I have a working mySQL console app that takes transactions through JayArma2Lib, talks to a mySQL database (either externally or locally), and then returns the results. Performance is great! Much better than using the clipboard (which I was previously).

It is written in C++, using Visual C++ Express 2008. It's written for mySQL 5.1, using the 1.1.0 C++ connectors. It has reduced my life expectency by about five years figuring it all out.

The code is still a bit messy. I've messaged jaynus to see if he'd be interested in adding it to the solution.

Hmm.. Have a question:

When I establish connection with a pipe and call _data = [_pipeHandle] call jayarma2lib_fnc_readpipe, I get Arma freeze until some data is sent from the pipe-server to arma. What can be wrong?

they must be non-blocking asynchronous pipes.