Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Binkowski's WIP thread

Still working on these dudes...not sure when they'll be done. Maybe by Christmas

They look really nice, I look forward to it.

Lookin' great bink. One question. Do the marines really use the BI helmets? As far as I know they do use the PASGT. But another version of it. Not the one BIS created. Am I right or wrong. And if right. Will you change the the helmets on these?

Lookin' great bink. One question. Do the marines really use the BI helmets? As far as I know they do use the PASGT. But another version of it. Not the one BIS created. Am I right or wrong. And if right. Will you change the the helmets on these?

IIRC, and I'm certainly not a leatherneck, but the BI helmet is the LWMH (Lightweight Marine Helmet?) which looks similar to the PASGT but remains... distinctive because of its straps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Helmet

But the shape is not the same???? Or is it? To me the part covering the ears look different.

Quote that wiki page:

As it is nearly identical to untrained eyes in shape to the PASGT, it is still called the "Fritz helmet" or "K-pot".

EDIT - To my eyes, the lip at the front isn't as prominent, and the rear doesn't flare as much, so yes, I'd say there are subtle differences.

But the helmet BIS made is a LWMH, so why are you concerned?

Edited by CameronMcDonald

I am not concerned. It's just that all the videos I have watched/images the helmet looks different from the BI ones. It is fine if he uses the BIS ones. I am just so confused with all the helmets. MICH ACH = same? is it MICH/ACH? What is PASGT? a vest? Helmet.

I should stop studying gear...

PASGT = Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops. theres a pasgt vest and helmet iirc.

Rhodesy speaks the truth - PASGT is a blanket name for the vest and the K-Pot.

In addition, the ACH is the US Army's version of the MICH-2000.

And just to confuse you, the ECH is our combat helmet, and is way cool.

OK... So ECH is the helmet worn by the Australian forces?

Ok ok moderator & Bink we are off-topic. Thanks for the info, And good luck Bink with the units :P

Great work Bink with bringing these to Arma 2.

Prefer the look of these over the vanilla ones.

So thanks :)

I am not concerned. It's just that all the videos I have watched/images the helmet looks different from the BI ones. It is fine if he uses the BIS ones. I am just so confused with all the helmets. MICH ACH = same? is it MICH/ACH? What is PASGT? a vest? Helmet.

I should stop studying gear...

I will unconfuse you...

mich 2000 and ach are the same helmet, the current standard issue army helmet that is smaller then the pasgt, has no lip on the front and uses a four point retention system.

here is a picture comparing the mich to the pasgt

http://www.murdoconline.net/pics/newhelmet.jpg

PASGT was a full armor system issued starting in the 80's, that included both a vest and the the helmet. the helmet looks just like the BIS marine helmets, but only has a 2 point chin strap, and was used up until 2004ish.

here is a pic of the helmet and vest

http://en.terra.com/addon/img/5ae984e9-Just%20Cause%20Panama%20(57)p.jpg

just to further add confusion, mich 2001 as opposed to 2000 is a completely different helmet used by SF.

and then theres the mich 2002 which is cross between the 00 and 01 series :P.... but enough off topicness lol

Nice Leathernecks Bink, are those gonna get some OA system backpacks of their own?