Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Binkowski's WIP thread

Great work Bink, just one thing, isn´t the 3rd infantry patch on helmet rotated in wrong direction ? I think on the right side it should have the same direction as the patch on arm.

yeah it probably is, i had this problem with the arm patch as well. i'll change it soon maybe.

and enad, don't worry i'm not going to stab you in the back for posting that. in-fact i really should open those guys back up and work on them. in regards to the screenshots, the guy you couldn't remember is the rifleman.

people seem to enjoy the old 2009 guys as well, maybe i'll do a redux of those guys later. i think the reason you guys like that is because of the color am i right? it doesn't glow in the light like the new stuff. didn't have to worry about glowing acu in arma1 ;). anyway, more to come today hopefully.

Edited by Binkowski

and enad, don't worry i'm not going to stab you in the back for posting that. in-fact i really should open those guys back up and work on them. in regards to the screenshots, the guy you couldn't remember is the rifleman.

people seem to enjoy the old 2009 guys as well, maybe i'll do a redux of those guys later. i think the reason you guys like that is because of the color am i right? it doesn't glow in the light like the new stuff. didn't have to worry about glowing acu in arma1 . anyway, more to come today hopefully.

Yeah I really like the DEA guys. But if you do start work on them again, I really think you should talk to Massi about using his Multicam texture. I mean his is just PERFECT and really high quality. I know you like to do everything yourself, but it would really look alot better with massi's multicam textures. :)

About the 09 guys, Yes they look good, but I like the 05 and 3rd ID units more. Maybe the 3rd ID guys could use a little more green and a little less glow. :p

Anyways, a redux of your 09's would be cool. Maybe with a little higher quality textures or something, they look nice from afar, but when you get closer its quite blurry..Ok I'm gonna stop giving you suggestions and let you do what you want. :yay:

I'm gonna leave you guys with one more promo shot. :D

PtLSS.jpg

Edited by Enad

mmm very nice, i like

@bink, I think the reason we like the 09 units is because the ACU isn't as bright as the sun itself (lol), and it has the groin guard thingy.

Q4stS.jpg

Q4xt9.jpg

Q4YUJ.jpg

more pics.

yeah i've heard about the "ZOMG ACU TOO BRIGHT". and the only reason i don't include the groin plate on my new guys is well, i really don't like wearing it. call me crazy, but that thing hurts.

Hey nice screenshots bink. They look good. :rolleyes:

Anyhooo...Personally I think the 3rd ID are the best looking as long as you don't use them in broad daylight, which is a drawback. It seems that's why everyone loves your 09 guys. ;)

QWZaA.jpg

it's perfect. (dude on left.)

Agreed. Nice work Bink.

Comparison shots of them all (sorry I don't have a super computer like Enad with 200% fillrate).

MLwti.jpg

MLyYr.jpg

Massive improvements! :D

Yep. I love it Bink. They looks GREAT!!

I noticed in my screenshot that the vest looks a bit blurrier than the rest of the body, I haven't looked at them any further in-game yet so correct me if I'm wrong.

I like the model for 08' but the texture of 09'. Lol switch them around. :P

Ew the 08 model is ugly and skinny. I hate it. :(

I think the 3rd ID has the best model.

Heres another comparison screenshot.

Left to Right- 3rd ID, New ACU, US Army 05.

R5LgS.jpg

look good and all but err, turn on Movie Day filter, and perhaps try using a different image format (kinda looks compressed)

haha gahh daammn. that last pic posted by you enad is hiiiii mofo quality

edit

..wait. they all are!

Once these are finished we should persuade the arma 2 devs at dev heaven to put Binks 3rd ID and his 2009 redux models in for a future update. :bounce3:

Nice work Bink..

...as usual.

:yay:

Really COOL Stuff Bink, i hope you release that´s sometime ;)

Hi Bink

Great idea with the thread, for you and the pleb :)

Man, your units look excellently done. Can't wait to use them. Hopefully soon. Thumbs up mate! :thumbsup::icon14::icon14::icon14:

look good and all but err, turn on Movie Day filter, and perhaps try using a different image format (kinda looks compressed)

Why would I put the Movie Day filter on? Then I would not be showing the true color of the ACU....

And I'm using Fraps to take them as PNG. They are 2048X1152. Not compressed at all. Seems to everyone else they look fine. Sorry :confused:

heh my bad, I clicked on it only once. Doing it again brings up the full size versions...

:(

Haha No Problem

Some more WIP of Binks new ACU aka US Army 2010.

rcgoJ.jpg

rclo0.jpg

rcqni.jpg

rcsSr.jpg

rcxRJ.jpg

Continuation....

rcAlS.jpg

Binks 'test' model and texture. Personally I think it looks great! He's not impressed or at least hes not acting like he is.

rcPjJ.jpg

Edited by W0lle

mm like the 2010 guys. The test texture seems to be a bit too.. blue..

No, they seem a bit AMAZING.

I would love to see all the other guys with that texture. Damn it looks so good.