Sign in to follow this  
EMERY

Generation kill mod

it all looks, like as Mr Colbrt would say

pretty F**king ninja :D

gkBANNER-1.jpg

we will be making 2 maps one of central Baghdad and another but the location has yet to be decided

we will be using arma1 buildings and some arma2 buildings as the arma2 buildings are not relay the kind of buildings you would find in Baghdad we will be also using opx buildings and objects and some buildings that i have made i will post screen shots of these soon

because the Baghdad map will have lots of objects; we will have to keep some of the detail down to a minim but i ashore you that i wont to make the Baghdad map tactility efficient (ie on rooftops in buildings FOB's)

i am making a hole bunch of new objects to enhance the Baghdad experience

Ruben have started to work his mojo on the hummers animating them and looking into the option to create the camp

i made a movie so we can show you all where we are at with the hummers sit back and take a look at what we got to offer thanks for watching and keep a eye on this thread for more updates:D

see movie @ armaholics

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=8723&n=last#bottom

4525323960_b028be1300_b.jpg

The GK mod team would like to welcome ebanks to the team

ebanks is making the terrain of Baghdad and the desert map which location is to be decided

Edited by EMERY

Btw. there's actually a script by Cyborg11 which allows you to shoot outa vehicles ^^

Could you show us or tell us where to find it?

Emery, that island is going to rock! :yay:

Looking good EMERY & Co! :)

Buidlings in VBS2 is really good because they have so many balconies, flat rooftops and ofcourse lots of them have opened garage/shops/rooms so lining them up along a road makes tons of hiding places for ambushing snipers etc. :)

Dont mean to take those buildings, but would be nice to get same-ish style. Is there any place with free 3D buildings? Hmm gotta go investigate hehe.

Keep up the always great work.

Is the first release going to include one or both the maps or just the infantry and vehicles?

we will try to release all togeter

Do I see captain Americas AK in that Hummer? :)

Sorry, 'bout the shootoutavehicle-script, it was never completed since the person was attached to the outside of the vehicle in otherones' view.

Do I see captain Americas AK in that Hummer? :)

yep;)

yep;)

Follow my tracers!

BTW. Looks great Lennard :D

You mean the AN/PVS-17 does not exist or the one you created?

If you ment the one that you created i think it looks pretty accurate, and the fun thing about modding is that is does not have to be dead serious, and everything must not be exactly the way it is in real life. So GREAT JOB =) Thumbs up

Edited by Nixo

Follow my tracers!

BTW. Looks great Lennard :D

You mean the AN/PVS-17 does not exist or the one you created?

If you ment the one that you created i think it looks pretty accurate, and the fun thing about modding is that is does not have to be dead serious, and everything must not be exactly the way it is in real life. So GREAT JOB =) Thumbs up

Thanks guys!

Well the "AN/PVS-17" used in the series isn't accurate, it's a dummy and doesn't actually look much like the real thing.

I made the one used in the series for two reasons;

1. The mod is about the series not that much about realism

2. Easy to model:p

hope it's clear:)

progress looks great :) one question, are you gonna have set character faces? like colbert, ray, fick? etc. or just random faces?

Are you guys going to consider using assets from Operation Arrowhead when it comes out and then eventually moving there?

Are you guys going to consider using assets from Operation Arrowhead when it comes out and then eventually moving there?

addons from arma2 can be used in oa without problems, and vice versa if you have them both (oa and arma2) installed. pretty simple stuff. no real "changes" need to made, unless you want them with scars...

addons from arma2 can be used in oa without problems, and vice versa if you have them both (oa and arma2) installed. pretty simple stuff. no real "changes" need to made, unless you want them with scars...

Well it might make life easier for these guys to use the buildings from OA to build Baghdad. That and a whole lotta desert camoflaged gear and vehicles. As well as OPFOR and Civies that's dressed appropriatly for the desert.

Well it might make life easier for these guys to use the buildings from OA to build Baghdad. That and a whole lotta [sic] desert camoflaged [sic] gear and vehicles. As well as OPFOR and Civies that's dressed appropriatly [sic] for the desert.

Well, Takistan is supposed to represent Afghanistan, which is a Central Asian country. Iraq is a Middle Eastern (Southwest Asian) country, and the two are completely different in terms of geographical and enviromental locales.

Well it might make life easier for these guys to use the buildings from OA to build Baghdad. That and a whole lotta desert camoflaged gear and vehicles. As well as OPFOR and Civies that's dressed appropriatly for the desert.

they won't have access to the mlods. unless bis releases them, which is highly unlikely. probably for the same reason that the QG mlods were never released.

they won't have access to the mlods. unless bis releases them, which is highly unlikely. probably for the same reason that the QG mlods were never released.

Ah. .shiiiiieeeeet. now that'll be a biieecchh if that happens

Well, Takistan is supposed to represent Afghanistan, which is a Central Asian country. Iraq is a Middle Eastern (Southwest Asian) country, and the two are completely different in terms of geographical and enviromental locales.

If you're talking about the small towns spread out across the desert map maybe. But looking at the current OA screenshots we have, the big urban map kind of ressembles Baghdad in many ways. Besides, it just makes sense to base your mod on OA if it's going to be set in any Afghan or Mid-east enviroment IF bis makes it accessable to modders.

Edited by BF2_Trooper

If you're talking about the small towns spread out across the desert map maybe. But looking at the current OA screenshots we have, the big urban map kind of ressembles Baghdad in many ways. Besides, it just makes sense to base your mod on OA if it's going to be set in any Afghan or Mid-east enviroment IF bis makes it accessable to modders.

Meh, sounds reasonable.