Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Post-Apocalypse mod

Damn! I want these NAOW! :)

Nice job man, can't wait for release.

thanks guy's..

I'll start working on the signature later today and if I can get fraps to work right perhaps also a trailer for the mod..

I'm also working on some weapons now.. however I never worked with weapons before and if someone could show me a config for a static weapon it would be a great help.. if possible the whole thing so I only have to put in my class names..

The static guns configs are all in the weapons.pbo; most of them are in the main config.bin, but some of the later Warfare additions are in the same pbo under Static. Here's an example of the DSHKM_Base class:

class DSHKM_base  : StaticMGWeapon {
	sound[] = {"Ca\sounds\Weapons\cannon\dshk_2",17.782795,1,1300 };
	reloadMagazineSound[] = {"Ca\sounds\Weapons\cannon\M60gun_reload",0.031623,1,35 };
	model = "\ca\Weapons\DShKM_mg";
	picture = "\ca\Weapons\data\ico\DShKM_mg_CA.paa";
	icon = "\Ca\weapons\Data\map_ico\icomap_DShKM_CA.paa";
	mapSize = 2.500000;
	displayName = "$STR_DN_DSHKM";

class Turrets  : Turrets {

class MainTurret  : MainTurret {
			minElev = -20;
			weapons[] = {"DSHKM" };
			magazines[] = {"50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM","50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM","50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM","50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM" };
			gunnerAction = "DShKM_Gunner";
		};
	};

class AnimationSources  {

class ReloadAnim  {
			source = "reload";
			weapon = "DSHKM";
		};

class ReloadMagazine  {
			source = "reloadmagazine";
			weapon = "DSHKM";
		};

class Revolving  {
			source = "revolving";
			weapon = "DSHKM";
		};
	};

class Library  {
		libTextDesc = "$STR_LIB_DSHKM";
	};
};

But I don't really know anything about vehicle addon editing :)

Glad to see the project going forward though! Woot!

Regards,

Wolfrug

thanks Wolfrug.. that should help me alot..

alright guy's here's the new signature for you...

pasig1.jpg

hope you all like it

Edited by canis lupus

woops.. thanks I made a quick change should be right now..

I finnaly got arround to make a long coat

lonewolf1.jpg

wasteland warriors camp. I also remade the spiked helmet, (first guy from the left)

wwcamp1.jpg

What the... :D That head... :) That's scary! :D

Very good work so far, man!

I started working on these today.. they are the armed civilians I called them lone wolves..

lonewolves2.jpg

and I made my first working weapon, only a single bug to fix on it, 3rd person view is right but in first person the weapon isn't in its right place don't know why..

svd.jpg

those are great and PLEASE RELEASE THEM NOW..

but what do you mean with "armed civilians". Do they belong to the civilian group? Cause that... you know... wouldn't work.

Can you make west, east and independent versions of these?

well I can't yet its far from ready..

they are called armed civilians because thats what they are but they are on the indenpendent side ofcourse..

Οh ok.

Do they speak Independent-ish though? Cause that's annoying.

The only reason I am asking for different factions is because I would like to allow them to fight anyone. Even Independent guys. Just for variety!

Anyway you are doing a great job with this.

That looks awesome, canis! :)

Are you planning to make civs without rucksacks too?

there will be similar armed civilians on each side I just want some difference between them..

and yes there will be some without rucksacks, I was thinking that each units has two models one with and one without the rucksack..

there will be similar armed civilians on each side I just want some difference between them..

and yes there will be some without rucksacks, I was thinking that each units has two models one with and one without the rucksack..

I like them! and I like that you'll have versions with and without rucksacks, rucksacks are important.

Did you see my message on the last page about making new faces with dirt, beards and some wounds etc. to suit the atmosphere better? I could try to retexture some faces for you if you want.

oh yeah sorry.. yeah I'll have to look more into that right now they do look a bit too clean.. you are more than welcome to retexture af few faces for me I'll need a lot of them

oh yeah sorry.. yeah I'll have to look more into that right now they do look a bit too clean.. you are more than welcome to retexture af few faces for me I'll need a lot of them

I've started doing a little test-faces, I'll send you a pm with the result later. :)

Edit: I tried to do some faces, but I couldn't really manage to get them the way I wanted to, so I guess someone else has to help with this.

Edited by McNools

I don't know if you have played the Game "Metro 2033" however the weaponry and clothing in that game is very fitting for this sort of modification.

I am positive you could find someone to reproduce some of those weapons.

400px-1-weapon_tihar.jpg

www.totalvideogames.com_ONLINE%201ST%20HANDS%20ON%2003_69973__size_655_1500.jpg

metro2033.jpg

Modified Pistol with a stock.

http://forum.torrents.ro/attachments/jocuri/1687d1261556421-metro-2033-255383.jpg

Just like a grease gun except home made. Well I'm sure you get the point. I appreciate your hard work, this is probably my most anticipated mod.

Metro2033-Screenshot-03.jpg

Shotty.

~Skelt

Edited by Skelt
Add additional photo.

^ That would be fuckin' epic! I love Metro

It certainly was :) Whole time I was wishing for 3rd person.

I just saw Book of Eli, that has some good post apocalyptic stuff in it, namely the characters. You could get some good ideas for character designs from the movie.

Edited by Devil Dogs SF

the gas masks are a good idea I think that it would bring a more "badass" atmosphere

this mod is based on what people would really use and wear in a post-apocaplyptic scenario, the whole futuristic and "badass" thing is up to the Conspiracies mod to make, its all very nice and they do look cool and badass, but it's not what I'm doing.. my inspiration commes from movies like, the road, the postman and A boy and his dog..

I am going to make a few gas-masks.. but they will be used for only a few units a wasteland warrior to make him look a bit more scary and perhaps some special units for the new order.. but if you think about it how many people have gas-masks lying arround..

of course if you wan't a bit of both you can always mix the mods its all up to you what you can make of this once its out..

Edited by canis lupus

I just saw Book of Eli, that has some good post apocalyptic stuff in it, namely the characters. You good get some good ideas for character designs from the movie.

Kool movie...though it took me a long time to realize the bald clean shaven dude was Denzel at the end.I sat there thinking who the heck is this guy and why do we care fora few minutes.