Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Post-Apocalypse mod

Great work Canis! I like the mixed gear.

If arma addon makers "Oyman" and "BigMike" could port some of their addons, it could add some interesting goodies for this mod. Oyman's armed tractors and Bigmike's trucks and scout car.

I cannot seem to get in contact with author. Canis, msg me.

Any news here? I'm sure many are really looking forward to this one... the possibilities are simply mind-blowing. :wow_o:

Waiting for release of Arrowhead, perhaps?

Any news here? I'm sure many are really looking forward to this one... the possibilities are simply mind-blowing. :wow_o:

Waiting for release of Arrowhead, perhaps?

Canis has not been on the forums for a while, many people would love to know whats happening with this mod...

This would be perfect to use with IceBreakrs Jade Groove and The Undead mod.

Canis has not been on the forums for a while, many people would love to know whats happening with this mod...

This would be perfect to use with IceBreakrs Jade Groove and The Undead mod.

Yep...

# Last Activity: Apr 22 2010 18:45[/Quote]

Yep...

Oh lol

Well last time I checked (my post befoire that one) last activity was near Febuary... and since there has been no comment from him here I assumed it would be the same.

Sorry to have made you wait guy's I had a bad Parkour accident a while back still hurts everywhere but I'm back again and I have made a few more objects

playground2.jpg

and you'll be happy to know that IceBreakr and I has teamed up about Jade Groove I'll post some previews of what it could look like as soon as I can..

YES!!!! He's back!! :D

I was beginning to get afraid, man!

I hope that you recover well and quickly from your injuries!

All the best!

Nice objects! I can't wait to see Jade Groove with all those epic objects on it! :D

a couple of screenshots with Jade Groove by IceBreakr

this isn't part of a new map yet.. it's simply to show you a preview of Jade Groove mixed with the PA mod and so far it looks pretty promising

Freedom fighters outpost

groove1.jpg

wasteland warriors in a ruined town (thanks IceBreakr this is just perfect)

groove2.jpg

New order guarding town with undetonated bomb

groove3.jpg

Civil defence patrole

groove4.jpg

Freedom fighters talking to a civilian

groove5.jpg

Oh yeah almost forgot.. I stumbled across some strange problems.. it seems that my units sometimes conflict with other stuff in the game.. a few days ago I played the standard Arma2 campaign and all of a sudden the armored bus from my mod was in the campaign mission.. however it isn't a conflict between my bus and the original one since that one was in ther too.. also one of my objects is a suitcase and as I just tried to put it on the map a suitcase did show up.. without textures.. but not my model I have no idea where its from.. if anyone could enlighten me a bit here it would be great..

Edited by canis lupus

Looks awesome. I like those units! :D

Nice, i'm currently working on a mission based on 'The Road' so i am really looking forward to this. :D

you'll be happy to know that I'm pretty much basing the civilians on that movie then..

...a few days ago I played the standard Arma2 campaign and all of a sudden the armored bus from my mod was in the campaign mission..

Did you base your bus in the config on a civilian car, e.g. the original bus?

I guess BIS uses ALICE ( http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Civilians ) in the campaign, so your bus might get placed automatically if it's set as civilian.

There's probably a workaround to blacklist your vehicles so they don't appear in alice.

Nice work btw. :inlove: .

Btw. Canis, will the (same) units that you had in the Arma 1 version also be contained in this version?

Love 1st and 3rd shot :) btw does the "reporter from A1" have a female voice? And can she dance? ;)

lol some terminator units would go awesome with this ;) lovin the progress so far dudes :) or maybe "the book of eli" main character..

Edited by wika_woo

thanks Icewindo.. must be it the config and the model is based on civilian vehicles yes but from A1 but as I can understand it there isn't much difference that would also explain why they don't completely conflict with each others.. I'll just try some completely different class names sometimes that helps...

the old units are long gone I'm afraid.. but they were not very good compared to what I did this time anyways.. some of them will be remade long coats pipebombs that hand sewn bag and such.. I had a rusty ww1 helmet for the old wasteland warriors I would have used that but that has to be remade aswell.. another one for the "to do list"

No female voice yet don't really know how to do that. that one is on the "figure that out list", as to dancing I'll let someone else take care of animations, it did give me the idea of some dancers and "civilian" bad guy's for a kind of low-life criminal settlement..

And I have a bit of a request, does someone out there have a nuke script on the way that I could borrow to make the undetonated nukes a bit more fun?

you'll be happy to know that I'm pretty much basing the civilians on that movie then..

Yes i am. ;)