Sign in to follow this  
Sulu_03

Arma2TS

Sure but for giving orders while taking and returning fire, it's just not enough.

It can be heard very far, but not really understood.

True. Right now we have the volume set as maximum, how it was done in the original A2TS was that they actually shortened the distances in 3D space based on the volume. I'd like to avoid having to do extra math to adjust volume.

Some people cant always shout when playing, if you live alone fine, but... I think it is a great feature to have a volume boost on tap. People who want to really whisper or shout can just always leave it on normal or whichever they choose.

We too are using each of the talking modes when using original A2T. So it is needed at least by me.

But I always didn't like the toggle feature. You forget that you are on a whisper mode and try to talk to someone 10meters away.

How about a 'press-to-shout' key?

On the other hand, I don't think the whisper mode is being used very much.

Edited by TOTAL22

Not at the moment no... :P You have to really yell or whisper for now...

We want to figure out first off if we really need it (do people actually use it) and second if we do need it how can we implement it in a way that is not intrusive and doesn't require remembering even more keybinds.

Losing this feature would be a shame... you don't have to bind multiple keys... just use the same key and toggle the 3 levels... like th f key with weapons.. this would use the KIS idea...:bounce3:...

taking it out because people don't use it much is a very bad road to follow.. A lot of ppl don't use sitting, saluting, draggin, just to name a few.. but I love that they are in there.

Edited by gonk

I have to agree with Gonk. Sometimes in a firefight and you need to give the order to cease fire or hold fire. If you're next to an MG if you whispered/talked 'cease fire' to him, the chances are he's not going to hear it. I know you have the SR radio to get into his ear, but its easier just to yell cease fire as it saves time albeit a few seconds at most.

Yeah in the original A2T we shortened the distances with the volume because we tried to have realistic speech distances.

With original volume we found it unrealistic, we were able to understand each other at long distances like 100m or more... That's why we changed the original volume.

IRL you rarely understand people at more than 60/80 meters even if they are yelling.

It's not easy to find the best speech distances, if you want it to be fun, you have to enlarge speech distances, but if you want it realistic, speech distances have to be really short.

Edited by Le_CuLtO

Yea we been meaning to look at the FMOD 3D sound roll off curve... it might be better.

Whispering or yelling IRL doesn't really solve this problem, because TS3 (potentially drivers and hardware too) will automatically adjust amplification of the broadcasted sound. When I alpha tested ACRE (or whatever it is) a few weeks back, I really noticed how quiet talking is, although the volume was realistic, it did seem impractical for *shouting* orders to people 10m away, especially over gunfire.

We use the current A2T for P-v-P and those of us most comfortable with it will sometimes use Whisper(/Talk/Yell) to ensure we aren't overheard by the enemy.

Yeah in the original A2T we shortened the distances with the volume because we tried to have realistic speech distances.

With original volume we found it unrealistic, we were able to understand each other at long distances like 100m or more... That's why we changed the original volume.

IRL you rarely understand people at more than 60/80 meters even if they are yelling.

It's not easy to find the best speech distances, if you want it to be fun, you have to enlarge speech distances, but if you want it realistic, speech distances have to be really short.

I too think the current normal talking mode travels too far.

Some distance between normal and whisper should be used as a new normal talking mode.

Then, I don't think a whisper mode will be much needed.

And yes, I want some realistic speech distances. :)

I don't like the toggle type button to switch between whisper/normal/yell, so I'm just thinking of a way to make them push-to-yell/push-to-whisper but also I would like to use as less buttons on my keyboard as possible.

I'm just thinking of a way to fulfill those requirements.

What I'm suggesting/proposing here is shorten the voice travel distance of normal talking mode and make a single push-to-yell key.

I personally think this is a balanced solution.

Does the 008 version still has the 20 players limitation before it starts making problems?

Aswell i would keep the talking/yellin/wispering modes as they were.

Even though wispering might not be needed during normal missions, it would add a gread deal of realism to a sniper mission of stealth ops.

i don't know why but with ACRE the 3D sound doesn't work , i test with 3 different server , CBA 102 and 103

ACRE must be installed on the server you are joining. (only the .pbo)

Does the 008 version still has the 20 players limitation before it starts making problems?

Aswell i would keep the talking/yellin/wispering modes as they were.

Even though wispering might not be needed during normal missions, it would add a gread deal of realism to a sniper mission of stealth ops.

Bump, i'd really love to use the mod on a larger scale.

yeah i know le culto i create a server on my connection

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

it's work with a friend but with another friend in 64bit it's doesn't work

Is this ACRE version for download available already now? As i see usage response of it incoming but i cant seem to find it.

Is this ACRE version for download available already now? As i see usage response of it incoming but i cant seem to find it.

Many people in this thread are involved with our final roll of testing before release. No official release yet.

ACRE Update:

V1.0 test sessions are just about done. We just fixed our last major crash for that, and it seems pretty stable. So expect a release on that shortly.

Just so everyone knows, heres what happens with the dev's when we want to figure something out. This is us discussion v1.1 features :)

http://pastie.org/1003467

thx for the update... and your lack of sleep.. :D

I was just discussing this with some people I play with, and was hoping for a clarification: will using voice activation for local speaking and using a key or button press for radio transmission be possible with this addon? That's how I've come to use the current release and I think it would be great if I could continue to do that.

jaynus work on the voice activation but i don't know the statut for the moment =)