Sign in to follow this  
eble

IkaR's F14 comes to Arma2

Yeh, as I thought. There is permission, but apprehension because of quality.

Southy,

I'd recommend you try real-life weight. thats around 20,000kgs to 28,000kgs ...... then tweak the "sensitivity" stuff in the config to get the performance you want.

That way it doesn't look like something in an arcade game when its flying.

I also notice the CG is out, smoke comes from a point above the body of the unit. Is there some hidden points/vertexes well above the model in O2 ?

:cryy: I want my computer back

Great job Southy, indeed the HUD you made is awesome.

I can't wait to fly to the danger zone with this baby :D

Didnt BloodnGuts do a similar image to the one you have but as a parody of Top Gun? I remember seeing it somewhere... was quite funny :)

Yup, it was for a SOTW on Armaholic :p

TopGunFun02small.jpg

It just dont work in my ArmA2. When i lunch arma with F-14 it wont even start. :( Without F-14 works fine.

You must have CBA... well.... not exactly (you just need the extended event handlers, but the addon will look for them in CAB - unless you tell it not to), but get it anyway. Make sure you aren't putting anything in your main Arma 2 addons folder.... that's for official stuff. Create your own subfolder using @thisaddon/addon (you don't really need the @ sign). If it still won't work, either your game is corrupt, or your computer is hopelessly outclassed. Mine should be, but isn't for some strange reason.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Whatever you do, don't use the USS Reagan's number for a carrier. Anyone landing on it will forget what they were doing and where they are.

[/color]Whatever you do, don't use the USS Reagan's number for a carrier. Anyone landing on it will forget what they were doing and where they are.

That has got to be the worst joke i have ever heard.

grow up.

Nice work on the F14, thankyou, now we have a 2 seater blurfor Jet at last ! A good one at that :D

Whatever you do, don't use the USS Reagan's number for a carrier. Anyone landing on it will forget what they were doing and where they are.

Made me smile that :D

Those of us around for Iran-Contra and the fallout have learned to appreciate the line "I really can't recall." So what did they do? Named a carrier after him. It's an old joke, but I know more than a few people in the Navy were not happy about naming a carrier after a living president. So if that's the most horrible joke you ever heard, Wld427, it's because it wasn't a joke... it was sarcasm... go on, look it up... I'll wait (that's also sarcasm).

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

@killer: you aren't trying to run all those addons all at once, are you? Can you say conflict? Look, just make an initialization line with just CBA and the f-14. Start there.

I've added F-14 to our KH Community Repo so that YAS users can download/update easily. Please note it is under @KH-AirShow

Download/Update with Addonsync from Kellys Community Addons/Mods Repo

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

How to use Yoma AddonSync -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212#p27746

Yup, it was for a SOTW on Armaholic

Awesome mate :) Cheers for finding that! Really like that picture :)

The F-14 is lovely, had a proper good go with the thing, really enjoying it. Nice work Southy!

Wld427, it's because it wasn't a joke... it was sarcasm... go on, look it up... I'll wait (that's also sarcasm).

remove your head from your ass...... go ahead .... i will wait.

the point is to anyone who also any sort of brain conditions... its insensitive and i was extremely offended.

That has got to be the worst joke i have ever heard.

grow up.

I agree it was very poor taste!

Reagan's inability to recall specific criminal acts happened a long time before he developed his medical condition. The line was not a stab at people with mental disabilities (you know... those unfortunate souls who give islands the size of Los Angeles M1A1 tanks and state of the art aircraft when a dingy with a sub machine gun would be more realistic); instead, it was a stab at political corruption, and the naming of vessels after living people simply because you can. Deal with it.

awesome way to use your 7th post. you wont last long here. you deal with it and your inability to be sensative to anything but yourself.

In defense of quicksilver67 he meant to make a joke about "not remembering anything" before the person in question developed a mental illness. So in my very personal opinion being sensitive about someone who doesn't show sensitivity himself is not asked for.

That said, discussions like that would be more appropriate to the offtopic section or personal messages.

Oh and last but not least:

F14! Yaiyha! I generally love anything that flies, but that bird always gives me goosebumps.

could someone plz tell me what i need to put in the @F14 folder because it ain't working for me!

i never had any issues installing mods! just let me know which files need to be in the mod folder

Here's an interesting issue that is affecting both the F-14 and the F-4:

after your initial store of armaments is depleted, if you land to re-arm, while the HUD shows the reload, no weapons are visually added to the model. Additionally, the aircraft behaves as though it were completely empty, running at maximum speed, and utilizing afterburners like something out of Battlestar Galactica. I've tried it solo and in multiplayer, on two different servers. At first I thought it was something I was doing, but now I'm sure. Just something to fix in the next beta. In the meantime, I'm going to disable the afterburner script on our servers. Can't have the players getting caught on the ground and escaping by going to warp speed.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Curiously enough, the F-16 falcon does not have either of these issues, but then it's been a finished model for a while. The question is: what is different in the scripts? I'll be doing a side by side to see if I can find anything significant.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Oh, additionally: Gnat's Su33 has no such issues, either.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Additionally, additionally (also also wik):

The condition that made the consideration of manual landing gear necessary has apparently been fixed, according to Gnat. Given that consideration, I see no point in straying from BIS gear.

Fantastic addon mate, had same issue with engine sound and unloaded textures in USnavy. Another thing, saw it in a couple of arma1 addon planes, proberly been picked up on before but thought id share it with people who havent seen it. Take alook at the speed in the top left corner and obviously the fire ball at the back :)

arma22010-02-2018-31-38-00.jpg

Basically turn off the engine in flight, then turn on the afterburners, then restart the engine pressing 'Q' . Sometimes jumps up to 10000.

Anyway Great job Eble fella really enjoy this addon.

Edited by Jeza

i like it its really good :)

1 thing though...is it just me and my game or is there really no engine sound to be heard in the cockpit?

The internal sound ratio is turned way down. If you unpack PBO and convert the config.bin to text, you will see that external sound is set to 12, and internal sound is some proportion of that (can't remember what it was originally). You can adjust the db level to suit your sense of reality, then remove the config.bin (but not the text conversion), and re PBO the file to test it. If you find a setting you like, un-PBO, binarize the text file and pack it all back together. Or just wait for the author to tweak the script files.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Here it is:

class IkaR_F14_AIM_54_ir : Plane {

scope = public;

vtol = 0;

faction = "RU";

vehicleClass = "Air";

driverAction = "AV8B_Pilot";

crew = "RU_Soldier_Pilot";

displayName = "F14 Iranian AIM-54 (CAP)";

model = "\IkaR_F14_ir\IkaR_F14_AIM_54_ir";

side = TEast;

soundEngine[] = {"\IkaR_F14_ir\Sons\F14_reacteur.wav", 20, 1};

soundEnviron[] = {"\IkaR_F14_ir\Sons\F14_environ.wav", 45, 1};

insideSoundCoef = 0.00101;

wheelSteeringSensitivity = 3.0;

camouflage = 12;

audible = 12;

accuracy = 0.2;

landingSpeed = 250;

acceleration = 350;

maxSpeed = 1200;

armor = 40;

hasGunner = true;

weapons[] = {};

magazines[] = {};

hiddenselections[] = {"ID", "sidew01", "sidew02", "phnix01", "phnix02", "phnix03", "phnix04", "phnix05", "phnix06", "vide9"};

armorStructured = 1;

irScanRangeMin = 100;

irScanRangeMax = 10000;

irScanToEyeFactor = 3;

aileronSensitivity = 1.5;

elevatorSensitivity = 1.1;

laserScanner = true;

You can adjust ailerons, rudder, speed, etc here also. In this case, the insideSoundCoef = 0.00101; (which is really quiet) I set mine to: insideSoundCoef = 0.10; (which is noisy, but more realistic - you can still hear VOIP, etc., and actually feel like you're in something with engines - and no, I don't know why I left the zero after the one)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, the weapons for the F4/F-14 are both fully scripted hence why they are not re-appearing once re-arming starts.(This will be changed as I move to the arma2 proxies and IAWS systems)

The afterburner effect is being overpowered by a command in the CFG

acceleration = 350;

chaging or deleting this value should stop the warp speed like thrust.

I still use the acceleration = 350; command as this gives the slow speed manoeuvrability I was after.

In the mean time the I will probably disable the afterburners altogether on future releases until I can find a decent workaround.

The CFG error, faction "USAF" was becuase I was using two addons at once in the folder for testing and missed the fact the F14 was dependent on the F4/F15.

I will be doing a general tidy up of the addon for the next release, this is a beta for this reason I was never able to find any of these after many hours staring at the addon :)

Yep.... I saw something about that in the release of the F-14 for Arma.... couldn't remember for sure. That entry is missing from the other two jets I mentioned, so nice work on the pinpoint. Good to hear it's nothing serious.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

@BelgarionNL: Just make sure the PBO is in the mod folder, for the moment. You will also need to have CBA somewhere for the extended event handlers which are referenced in the config file. Test it out with both the F-14 addon folder, and the CBA folder listed in your init line so:

"D:\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@rkt_air;@IKaR_F14;@RAV_lifter;@HiFi_A10sound;@JDT_ClearHorizons

Be damned careful what addons you are mixing, because you can screw up small things. Small errors accumulate, and some addons will disable or cause malfunctions in others, or in the vanilla game.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Sorry to report that the acceleration line is NOT the culprit. I've tested it pretty thoroughly and eliminated it from the config, but the problem persists. I think we're going to have to take a closer look either at the afterburner.sqf or the steps taken to get the afterburner into Arma 2. Eble, you may need to talk to the guy who scripted the F16 for Arma 2, because he's got the burner right. I'll keep looking.