Sign in to follow this  
eble

IkaR's F14 comes to Arma2

Good update mate..

some small things i noticed after this test.. :)

* Legacy version, feels like it has some issues with the shadows specially on the elevs, and little on the wings.. could be mistaken here, not entirely sure but felt like some strange shadowing in some places.. not visible on the other versions though.

* Legacy also have the Pilot look back, no texture (white) body.

* and if im not mistaken the ailerons are inverted :D

- you did have the geolod mass (edit) in this one to?, felt like it was a little diffrent to fly, better though :D

Yeah GEO LOD now is at 23,000 was only 4000 before :)

gimme 5 mins to fix :)

here we go

F14 Beta V1.5 Download

Edited by Eble

hmm, nice fixes over all, and the weight feels somewhat better, but you you got rid of the afterburner totally (meanwhile)?

Hardly dare to ask but am I going nuts? Where is the link? Where did you guys download this from? The updated beta post as well as the first post do not contain a link.

:o

He's just removed it LOL, unlucky mate, hes fixing a bug

all good now,

tailailerons now actually the right way round

legacy F14 has texture on wings from pilot seat

Known problem with Legacy version and shadows, will be fixed next time round.

the settexture command isn't working, I'll fix it next time round.

Edited by Eble

He's just removed it LOL, unlucky mate, hes fixing a bug

Oww thanks, I started to fear my sickness (just flu) damaged my eyes (won't say brains as many will use their chance :p )

and its back :)

the legacy version has an issue with the setobjecttexture not working, I'll fix it next time round.

If you want to change the legacy texture, find which skin you want to use from the ID folder thats with the addon, you will then have to depbo the addon and rename the skin you want to use to 101.paa in the ID folder and save it over the top of the existing skin.

Sorry for the problems.

refer to page 7 of this thread for all the legacy skins available.

Edited by Eble

Hardly dare to ask but am I going nuts? Where is the link? Where did you guys download this from? The updated beta post as well as the first post do not contain a link.

:o

I am sorry to inform you of this Emperor Foxhound, but yes, you have gone nuts. The link was there the entire time... :p

OT: Great update. Off to try it now. On another note, love the RACS version. I've been having them pull duty with Mirage III's from the RSAF 2nd Squadron. Expect a screenshot soon. (I hope. been having an issue lately)

Thanks for the great update.

What do I have to do to give the f14 the ace ejection seats?

Is it in the configuration?

The legacy F14 will have the ID textures as a hidden texture so if you place something like this in the init line you can call whatever squadron you want.

this will only work on the Legacy version tho, as the ID on the others won't look right.

and its back :)

the legacy version has an issue with the setobjecttexture not working, I'll fix it next time round.

If you want to change the legacy texture, find which skin you want to use from the ID folder thats with the addon, you will then have to depbo the addon and rename the skin you want to use to 101.paa in the ID folder and save it over the top of the existing skin.

Sorry for the problems.

refer to page 7 of this thread for all the legacy skins available.

I'm just a bit confused so excuse my ignorance here.

So do I have to depbo and all that stuff, then use this code to change the texture? And I can only place on color scheme in the ID folder at a time? Or can I just put the other ID folder in the pbo, thereby replacing the existing ID folder so I can have all the legacy schemes in the .pbo?

I'm guess I'm confused as to why the legacy .paa aren't already in the .pbo.

Too be honest though, I'm pretty sure I'm just misunderstanding what I'm supposed to do.

Sorry bud, I'm a bit slow today.

EDIT:

Why can't I just change the names of the legacy .paas to say 117 on up and place those in the ID folder in the pbo. If I'm using:

setobjecttexture[0, "\IkaR_F14_IR\ID\100.paa"] 

won't the code know to load up "117.paa"(the first legacy scheme renamed) and switch the color scheme?

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Thanks for the great update.

What do I have to do to give the f14 the ace ejection seats?

Is it in the configuration?

He needs to do that. If it's config is compatible with ACE2 then it will just show up. I didn't realize these weren't compatible. Oh well, maybe someday. Hell if I could figure out configs I'd give a go for him but alas I've tried in the past and my head almost exploded. I should really give it another go unfortunately I'm leaving for a few weeks in a few days. :(

Edited by Manzilla

@Max Power: thanks mate. I knew what I was trying to say, but couldn't spit it out.... I knew someone would correct me. The engines are spaced widely, that's very true. Still, I'd say the engineers did a pretty good job of compensating for that, because the aircraft rolls very nicely for a large aircraft (again, it's no F-16 or euro-fighter). Those late sixties programs that eventually gave us the F14, F16, and the F-18 kept a lot of MiG21, MiG23, and MiG33 owners up at night. Too bad those designs are all out of date, because our new batch (the F-22 and the F-35) look more like speed boats than airplanes. Can't wait to try out this latest version of the F-14.

@manzilla, sorry mate I was hoping the hidden textures would work right straight away, meaning you would only have to adjust the 'init line of the jet'.

Unfortunately something fellover as I released the F14 and I wasn't able to fix it.

What I listed was a very long way round to get different skins on the legacy version, means lots of messing with the PBO.

The addon already includes everything, the ID folder that is separate is for reference only, hell I was hoping someone might go, hey I can upgrade these lol.

I've flying around this aircraft for a few hours now, and there are a some things I want to point out. First, in RL, this aircraft has a very nice thrust to weight ratio. Second, I've seen these things takeoff during fleet week, seen them do aerobatics, and have talked to the pilots afterwards (alright, it wasn't technical stuff, but pilots liked this plane -think about what that means). Third, when I was a small boy a long time ago, I had to ride a bus to school every now and again. In my opinion, the current values of the aircraft bring back memories, and not of the first two events. Is anyone familiar with the fable starring and old man, a young man, and a donkey? I think there has been too many chefs, and I'm as guilty of it as anyone else. Eble, you're converting it: you're the one who has to be happy with it. Get it to a point where you like it, and call it good.

Love it! Really like the Legacy Plane awesome looking aircraft. Really like the way to handles now.

Thanks Eble!

@manzilla, sorry mate I was hoping the hidden textures would work right straight away, meaning you would only have to adjust the 'init line of the jet'.

Unfortunately something fellover as I released the F14 and I wasn't able to fix it.

What I listed was a very long way round to get different skins on the legacy version, means lots of messing with the PBO.

The addon already includes everything, the ID folder that is separate is for reference only, hell I was hoping someone might go, hey I can upgrade these lol.

So does that mean the .paas in the ID folder now aren't used for anything. Can I overwrite all of them? I'm still a bit confused. Messing with .pbo is no big deal for me, I get all that stuff. I'm just not completely clear about the replace scheme instructions. My apologies for not being clear.

Also, I get an error message using your code in the init line of the F14's. I believe it says I'm missing a ";".

Do I need to put "this" infront og it?

Like this:

this setobjecttexture[0, "\IkaR_F14_IR\ID\100.paa"];

Love it! Really like the Legacy Plane awesome looking aircraft. Really like the way to handles now.

Thanks Eble!

I'll be reminding ye of this when I smoke you out of the sky in a FoKker D VII

:D

Fantastic work mate!

One issue I have discovered is that when the landing gear are down and you've got your light on in night time missions, there is a magical light floating above the Tomcat. Sought of very odd.

So does that mean the .paas in the ID folder now aren't used for anything. Can I overwrite all of them? I'm still a bit confused. Messing with .pbo is no big deal for me, I get all that stuff. I'm just not completely clear about the replace scheme instructions. My apologies for not being clear.

Also, I get an error message using your code in the init line of the F14's. I believe it says I'm missing a ";".

Do I need to put "this" infront og it?

Like this:

this setobjecttexture[0, "\IkaR_F14_IR\ID\100.paa"];

What you can do if you know your way round a PBO is open it up goto the ID folder.

the 'the setobjecttexture' command is not working at this time.

The Legacy plane uses the paint scheme 101.paa

so if you look through all the other schemes and say you like 110.paa better just rename that to 101.paa and the addon picks that up instead of the default one.

its a crappy work round until I can get the texures going

@ Imperator Pete I was never given the MLODS from IkaR whan I made the original conversion, these are the MLODS I extracted myself hence why the overal centre of gravity and a strange light is in mid air, I've also stuffed the lights up even more giving the F14 wingtip trails as these feed off lights so I've had to place some at the back of the wings, they are only correctly in place with the wings fullt swept back.

Edited by Eble

I've flying around this aircraft for a few hours now, and there are a some things I want to point out. First, in RL, this aircraft has a very nice thrust to weight ratio. Second, I've seen these things takeoff during fleet week, seen them do aerobatics, and have talked to the pilots afterwards (alright, it wasn't technical stuff, but pilots liked this plane -think about what that means). Third, when I was a small boy a long time ago, I had to ride a bus to school every now and again. In my opinion, the current values of the aircraft bring back memories, and not of the first two events. Is anyone familiar with the fable starring and old man, a young man, and a donkey? I think there has been too many chefs, and I'm as guilty of it as anyone else. Eble, you're converting it: you're the one who has to be happy with it. Get it to a point where you like it, and call it good.

The responsiveness of the aircraft can be tweaked by using blocks of ballast weight in the geolod and fussing with the weight distribution that way (a la RKSL). The closer the weight is to the centre, the more responsive it will be.

The responsiveness of the aircraft can be tweaked by using blocks of ballast weight in the geolod and fussing with the weight distribution that way (a la RKSL). The closer the weight is to the centre, the more responsive it will be.

To be honest I've got no further interest in the whole it flies like a brick argument now.

The addon is what it is, the weight of the GEO load has been greatly increased and it now has tailailerons, if you want further improvements change the following settings to your liking in the config file.

aileronSensitivity = 1; // relative aileron sensitivity

elevatorSensitivity = .8; // relative elevator sensitivity

higher number mean greater maneuverability it will have, knock yourself out.

What you can do if you know your way round a PBO is open it up goto the ID folder.

the 'the setobjecttexture' command is not working at this time.

The Legacy plane uses the paint scheme 101.paa

so if you look through all the other schemes and say you like 110.paa better just rename that to 101.paa and the addon picks that up instead of the default one.

its a crappy work round until I can get the texures going

@ Imperator Pete I was never given the MLODS from IkaR whan I made the original conversion, these are the MLODS I extracted myself hence why the overal centre of gravity and a strange light is in mid air, I've also stuffed the lights up even more giving the F14 wingtip trails as these feed off lights so I've had to place some at the back of the wings, they are only correctly in place with the wings fullt swept back.

Thank you bud. Now I completely understand. Thanks for the patience.

Thank you bud. Now I completely understand. Thanks for the patience.

no worries mate, it wasn't what I wanted to do, I thought I'd cracked the hidden texure routine, oh well next time :)