This is the bit that is in discussion.

class Land_Zidka03: Land_MBG_AusguckCE
{
 model = "ca\buildings\misc\zidka03.p3d";
 displayName = "";
 class UserActions{};
 class AnimationSources{};
};

And it was in the config.cpp to prevent the "missing config class" .rpt error that is far more relevant. The origin of this is to fix something BIS didn't include in their configs because they eventually didn't intend to use this particular ArmA .p3d, but kept it anyways in their files.

Case settled. :rolleyes:

Demanding a fix for an 1.5 year old AddOn over a totally irrelevant .rpt error is kinda interesting...

Reading into things is kinda interesting too. What I find even more interesting is how a bug report can be ill received, esp when it contains constructive info on the issue.

Shame on me.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

In any case, it seems my report was inaccurate anyway.

The rpt message comes because another island defined Land_Zidka03 as well, but as inherited from Wall (official class), while you did yours from your custom class (Land_MBG_AusguckCE).

I would argue that inheriting it from Wall would be more appropriate as it's an existing official class, but I suppose in this case it might be an endless discussion - since the class doesn't exist originally, so anyone defining them in addons will probably pick whatever they desire.

A supplemental addon that defines such missing classes, shared by addon makers, could be interesting, though perhaps not important enough.

Edited by Sickboy

I would argue that inheriting it from Wall would be more appropriate

I totally agree, but back then it was my first real Island I made for Arma 2 (So the House_EP1 thingy can't be related), and I was fairly happy to get all the major rpt issues fixed. Such as missing config class.

About the "demanding" thingy: Might be my personal impression.

But usually if someone pops out of the nothing saying "Hey, your config is wrong. Here I fixed it for you. Use it, because I made the effort." or similar, - especially when regarding very old addons - I get a rather distinct dislike for the poster. So sorry 'bout that.

NP, I know what you mean. If anything I was in a hurry, and just wanted to get my findings out.

I just recently started using your island on our server, and thus came across it (late).

Since the WIP was spammed to death or so it seems, this thread is the next best one for the following:

I finally got around and launched a remake of Celle from scratch.

The size of Celle2 will be slightly increased to 144km², while also incorporating more key land features, most notably the Autobahn 7.

Teasing2.jpg

Here a view from the terrain editor, currently I'm lining out all of the forresty areas according to topograhic map data.

Teasing1_th.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

Wonderful news. Looking forward to seeing this. Not my place to ask, but as a request, it'd be great to see the towns get a little bit more detail and variety this time around. However, given that you intend to increase the size, this might not be possible.

Crack on!

Thats brilliant Celle is one of best maps around. Hope the towns will be a lot bigger in the new version, more like the real ones on the google earth map (noticed that page one of this thread has a link).

Oh my god this is awesome !

Last year, my associations campaigned on this map, pure happiness!

Here's an intro video of the campaign ...

and another vidéo on this island

Thanks MGB for yours works i'm fan.

Great news. Will you be using your kill houses on the map or will yo be doing some custom buildings in it ? Looking forward to stopping the red army rolling across germany in my Chieftain.

Being unmotivated by the massive amount of towns to build and in agreement with this:

it'd be great to see the towns get a little bit more detail and variety this time around. However, given that you intend to increase the size, this might not be possible.

I hath built forth thus:

My3DE_th.jpg

Because I couldn't get the Mapfact 3DE to work. :rolleyes:

Building that little Farmstead took me 2-3min. The green stuff is visual aid for me, as these areas will turn into forest.

How long does it take to make a town with 100 buildings in hours? Like the extra buildings you use.

Noticed that the road system is much bigger, and gives massively more choices of routes about the map.

Is it easy to make varied patches of forest with different generation parameters (assume it can be randomly generated)?

Being unmotivated by the massive amount of towns to build and in agreement with this:

I hath built forth thus: boner-inducing pic.

Because I couldn't get the Mapfact 3DE to work. :rolleyes:

Building that little Farmstead took me 2-3min. The green stuff is visual aid for me, as these areas will turn into forest.

Bless your cotton socks. :)

Click to get the bigger version:

mbg_Celle2_wip_2_1_th.jpg mbg_Celle2_wip_2_2_th.jpg

mbg_Celle2_wip_2_3_th.jpg mbg_Celle2_wip_2_4_th.jpg

All naturally highly work-in-progess. Especially the SatMap is very unfinished.

I allways liked celle. dunno how you got the bridges working for ai but best solution till today.

looking forward to this...

Nice Work!

Will You add a Shooting Range?

I´m working on a shoothing range with bwmod units..... if you´re interested I can send you the "mission".. ;)

mfg

Spree

Missed that Celle was being resurrected, but that's fantastic! Love this map and really love it's being made better - especially with a certain Cold War, central-Europe themed strategy game eating up so much of my time lately. :cool:

Is it possible to add this to the Six Updater network?

it already is, look for @MBG_Celle, all of his stuff is prefixed with MBG :)

Thanks, crow! I searched the Celle thread for the keyword "updater" and my Six for both "@celle" and "mondkalb". The author showed 4 mods, none of them Celle.