Sign in to follow this  
NastyP@sty

Why Hasn't this been added to ARMA 2

UK MOD Content Pack

Bohemia Interactive is proud to present the following video showing the completed UK Content Pack in VBS2.The Pack includes 137 new unit, vehicle and weapon models and a wide range of new functionality (including PhysX articulated vehicles).

Because VBS2 isn't Arma 2? :j:

including PhysX articulated vehicles

Man I hope they port that to OA, ArmA could really use something more with word physics :D

No but pasty has a point. With the Arrowhead expansion coming out and there not having been a mention of ANY British units... it makes you wonder. It is a total loss to the community not having any British units apart from the odd lot that is being fanmade.

Having said that, those that have been made such as PUKF's Challenger tank and Land Rovers, and the recent Lynx by Rock. Still there is quite a range of stuff we are missing. I'll be watching this space.

No but pasty has a point. With the Arrowhead expansion coming out and there not having been a mention of ANY British units... it makes you wonder. It is a total loss to the community not having any British units apart from the odd lot that is being fanmade.

Having said that, those that have been made such as PUKF's Challenger tank and Land Rovers, and the recent Lynx by Rock. Still there is quite a range of stuff we are missing. I'll be watching this space.

You do realise dont you that the people that made those "VBS2" models are also the ones you are talking about?

They are being ported and upgraded for public release by the people/teams that created them. You've already got some of the addons in that video and more are coming soon...:rolleyes:

If they plan to add some content of VBS2 i would prefer this one instead:

You do realise dont you that the people that made those "VBS2" models are also the ones you are talking about?

They are being ported and upgraded for public release by the people/teams that created them. You've already got some of the addons in that video and more are coming soon...:rolleyes:

Seconded...maybe you guys should check out stalker GB's work...

Also a 2 sec search would have given you some clarity on what to expect and when to expect brit units.

british units would just not fit to the theme of arma 2. and the community also needs some work left to do ugly.gif

british units would just not fit to the theme of arma 2. ...

I dont see how you can say that?

i just don't see why thay don't dp a addon pack for the game that we can buy

UK MOD Content Pack if Bis did do any thingh like it as a Content Pack id go out and buy it asap so to Bis love the stuff in the Content Pack for the uk so bring it out on dvd for us lot to buy :) plzzzzzz ill love you long time if you do :P

i might be wrong

but didnt BIS say they would put more armies than just the US and opfor in AOH? thought i seen czech

british units would just not fit to the theme of arma 2. and the community also needs some work left to do ugly.gif

how can you say this statement, i dont understand how they cant fit into the arma2 theme, British Units are an active member of NATO there are plenty of reason to use British Units in Arma2.

facepalm.jpg

guess a proper relpy is:

why should BIS add a certain other faction (read country army/branch) besides the existing ones?

Each one wants their own: British, Danish, German, Israeli, Polish, Czech etc etc. They all fit just the same in the environment created by BIS.

Everyone is free to model/skin his favourite units though, that being the beauty of A2. No reason to compare with existing VBS2 content. Not gonna happen.

OA will have some czech units, yes.

i just meant they dont fit into the story of arma 2 you know, russia against usa (its a classic contention). if they added british units everyone (except the brits ;)) would complain why not their home country has been added. not that they dont fit into the game at all. sry guys i just didnt make myself clearly enough^^

Closing before this gets out of hand.

Just this:

VBS2 != ArmA2

The british taxpayer paid for the development of these units and vehicles. Why in the world they should be included in a game for free? Think about that.