Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

what exactly does it mean when in game a message shows up when i start my mission saying something along the lines of OUTDATED USERCONFIG......something or other in yellow Text?? whats wrong with it please help??

I'm desperately seeking documentation on how to run this game called life.

Please supply me a link.

Don't forget the "how to get rich while remaining honest in 1 week","how to get 100 nice women without being a bastard in a day", "how to grow old and still have fun in an hour" and of course the "how to be happy in 2 seconds"-tutorials.

While you're at it, do supply me with endless food, beverages and money.

Oh and, I've used Google, searched the forums and called on my mates, with zero results.

I'm sure one of you nice people can help me out in 0.00001 seconds and will do that after one post.

Also can you take out my thrash?

Tnx!

what exactly does it mean when in game a message shows up when i start my mission saying something along the lines of OUTDATED USERCONFIG......something or other in yellow Text?? whats wrong with it please help??

Hehe, that's mentioned a little earlier. It's telling you you need to update the .hpp's in the userconfig/ACE folder since they have been updated in the @ACE/userconfig folder.

Hehe, that's mentioned a little earlier. It's telling you you need to update the .hpp's in the userconfig/ACE folder since they have been updated in the @ACE/userconfig folder.

how exactly can i find it in the earlier posts with out going page by page? or if possible maybe explain it one more time on how to update it for me? :p

I'm desperately seeking documentation on how to run this game called life.

Please supply me a link.

Don't forget the "how to get rich while remaining honest in 1 week","how to get 100 nice women without being a bastard in a day", "how to grow old and still have fun in an hour" and of course the "how to be happy in 2 seconds"-tutorials.

While you're at it, do supply me with endless food, beverages and money.

Oh and, I've used Google, searched the forums and called on my mates, with zero results.

I'm sure one of you nice people can help me out in 0.00001 seconds and will do that after one post.

Also can you take out my thrash?

Tnx!

It would probably be nice if he offered some help and made the documentation "easier to use" if it's really that big of a problem and he's already figured it out. Hmmmm. Yoma, you and the ACE guys just don't pull your weight around here. C'MON! ;)

how exactly can i find it in the earlier posts with out going page by page? or if possible maybe explain it one more time on how to update it for me? :p

Ahhhh, you don't know the trick.

Try this:

Just below the pages numbers on the top right of this page there's a box that says "Search this thread". If you use that it will rip through this massive thread in a few seconds. It's much better then waiting for the answer.

I could've explained it(and will) but I'm being lazy. I've explained how to do this like 10 times recently so I'm just tired of spending 5 minutes of typing/thinking/etc to provide an answer that I've given numerous times and only takes the asker about 10 seconds to find. To be honest, it's an inefficient use of my time but I also don't like to see people's questions go unanswered when I know how to help.

Here it is:

Take the .hpp's from the @ACE/userconfig folder and put them in the userconfig/ACE folder in the main A2 directory. But make sure you don't overwrite the .hpps in the userconfig/ACE folder until you copy over any existing changes you made in those hpps. It's a bitch to go through all the key binding changes and ace_clientside_config.hpp again if you made a bunch of changes. That's probably why the files don't overwrite directly.

Every time there's any update to these .hpps you will need to move them to the userconfig/ACE folder manually or the mod will not operate correctly. And there you go.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Where's the link?

Yoma, here is what you seek:

:)

Edited by Manzilla

AHH that's what i was looking for. thanks a ton manzilla, i do appreciate you going over it one more time for me. :P

AHH that's what i was looking for. thanks a ton manzilla, i do appreciate you going over it one more time for me. :P

My pleasure bud.

Enjoy. Take care.

Ok, First the Cudoes to ALL the ACE team. Our AGE Clan love ALL the toys and added touches of realisim. You gnetlemen (Ladies too if there are any) have put in some Very hard and long hours on this.

But on the pint of Stamna verses play I have to ask myself where we drawe the line. Most of us play games, armA 2 in this instance, to escape reality for a few minutes. So I have to ask myself just how much REALITY can be put IN a game before it is no longer fun to play?

Inherintly this is a subjective question, with more than a few answers. Many of the devout followers of ACE will tell me if I don't like it then go play Tidly Winks or such. And I guess that is fair in light of ALL ACE's hard work.

Still I kind of feel that this,above everything else, should be able to be controlled/changed by server admins to suite their groups. Now if it is I can not find an entry towords it. I did find the following which isn't really that helpful .....

If your building your own missions you can disable it, dunno if the NoStamina module still is broken but in that case you can put the below in like your init.sqf:

ACE_NoStaminaEffects = true;

This will disable the ACE stamina system :)

But, for now, enough on this. As a suggestion to ALL the face and ear gear available, i.e. gas mask, goggles, ear plugs. I would suggest perhaps the ability to apply camo paint also. I've found how to apply Cammo to face and hands via adding _camo 1-5 but when any goggles or gasmask is put on this wipes or resets this so that you now have a white face.

Just some thoughts, no complaint for such great work.

Manzilla, you said the warning was a good idea. I'm blaming you.

Vote if you like my suggestion :) :

"The round check dialogue appears only after about 2 to 3 seconds after round check animation has been completed, that's a little too slow. If it could be made to appear round about when the animation stops, that will be great."

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/8348

I have to say, I used the "deploy weapon" and "deploy bipod" features seriously for the first time tonight, while beating off dozens of bad guys with a 240. I got to say, I love it :) Saved my bacon several times being able to get a good steady bead. Used ground, boulders, walls and in one case the bonnet of a wrecked hummer.

@JTDman, the effects of deploying bipod on a 240 or 249 isn't that obvious (BIS made them exceptionally steady when prone probably due to simulating bipods?), try it with a M107/109 or Tac-50 and see the effects of aiming at a target 900 to 1000m away... almost cannot hit without bipods! :)

Even with bipods out on those distances you can see sway though. Would be nice if those weapons were STEADY. :) Bidods down - weapon resting on the ground should not have sway. Maybe an occational tiny bump from the hands - if that even.

But yes. i like it too. Its awesome. :)

EDIT: @ChiefRedCloud

The line ACE_NoStaminaEffects = true; as JW Custom said goes into the init.sqf file of the mission folder. If you dont have an init.sqf in your mission folder then you can create one with notepad. Open notepad and put that line in there. Save it as init.sqf (make sure it doesnt end with .txt). Put it in the mission folder together with your mission.sqm wich is there. Have fun.

But maybe the No Stamina module works now? If so - then in the editor just go to Modules - NoStamina and put it on the map anywhere.

Edited by Alex72

I have to say, I used the "deploy weapon" and "deploy bipod" features seriously for the first time tonight, while beating off dozens of bad guys with a 240. I got to say, I love it :) Saved my bacon several times being able to get a good steady bead. Used ground, boulders, walls and in one case the bonnet of a wrecked hummer.

This is really a well done feature. You said it. It saved my ass a ton of times as well. It took me a while to even remember to use it but once I started it really up'd the playability factor. Using wrecked vehicles, etc. is fantastic.

Could someone please walk me through how to use the Key binds, I can't quite figure it out how to use them.

Even with bipods out on those distances you can see sway though. Would be nice if those weapons were STEADY. :) Bidods down - weapon resting on the ground should not have sway. Maybe an occational tiny bump from the hands - if that even.

But yes. i like it too. Its awesome. :)

EDIT: @ChiefRedCloud

The line ACE_NoStaminaEffects = true; as JW Custom said goes into the init.sqf file of the mission folder. If you dont have an init.sqf in your mission folder then you can create one with notepad. Open notepad and put that line in there. Save it as init.sqf (make sure it doesnt end with .txt). Put it in the mission folder together with your mission.sqm wich is there. Have fun.

But maybe the No Stamina module works now? If so - then in the editor just go to Modules - NoStamina and put it on the map anywhere.

Thx for this response. And to clarify if my comment didn't. The comment on stamna, of course, is mine. And not reflective of our Clan.

Hey i noticed that when trying to update with six-updater it checks version 222, but when i start the game, in the main menu, in the lower left corner it says version 221. does everyone see this? or is it a bug that i have? and if so how can i fix it?

Could someone please walk me through how to use the Key binds, I can't quite figure it out how to use them.

Go to the folder arma2\userconfig\ace. There you find a file called "ace_keys.hpp". Open that with notepad or another text editor.

In the file you see things like this, for instance:

class Afterburner

{

key = 58; // CAPS

};

That means that afterburner (used for some aircraft), is mapped to the caps lock key. That is key 58. In the bottom of the file there is a list of keys and their numbers. Just change these numbers if you want to change the key binds for a certain function.

For example, if you change the text to this:

class Afterburner

{

key = 21; // CAPS

};

then afterburner is now mapped to Z. (CAPS after // is just a comment, the key is changed even if that is still there. You could change CAPS to Z, just to remember what key you mapped afterburner to, but it is not neccessary.)

Naturally, you can change all the other key binds in the file too in the same way. (And even if you don't want to change anything, this file can be checked to find out what the key binds are if you can't find that info somewhere else.)

Edited by Johan S

Hey i noticed that when trying to update with six-updater it checks version 222, but when i start the game, in the main menu, in the lower left corner it says version 221. does everyone see this? or is it a bug that i have? and if so how can i fix it?

Vista-7-Users-be-aware-UAC-Virtual-store-issues

thanks sickboy. but how would i "clean my virtual store?" windows xp doesn't seem to have a "virtual store" folder, or at least that i can find. i did a search for it with hidden files, and still can't find it, and which program would i run as administrator and how?

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

thanks sickboy. but how would i "clean my virtual store?" windows xp doesn't seem to have a "virtual store" folder, or at least that i can find. i did a search for it with hidden files, and still can't find it, and which program would i run as administrator and how?

It is not relevant for XP, sorry (usually when these issues occur, it is virtualstore (vista/7) related).

Please create a bug report with logs and details and we'll get to the bottom of it asap :)

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Edited by Sickboy

Hey Stickboy great mod but is it possible to make this mod compatible with Desert Mercenaries and Black Ops by SchnapsdroSel??? cause that would be great if you could! :)