Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

when you are a pilot and you deploy ropes, i think you should give the command Disembark and your squad members will rappel down

No, I mean actually getting the A.I. to fly in and start fast roping out of the chopper without an actual player having to tell them to do it.

I tried editing the ace_clientside_config.hpp file within "\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE" and editing the line #define ACE_NOVOICE with adding "//" but it still get the "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgvoicetypes/novoice.name" error and no voice chatter.

Most would have figured this out already, but for the new people here is a short guide I wrote of for you.

Ok people, goto your documents folder

Arma 2 Other profiles

Your profile folder

Open up your profile config file in word pad, up the top it will have face, voice pitch blah blah blah.....

--------

Ok now keep that open...

2nd step is open up your ARMA2 dir in either Steam or program files BIS, then open up your user config folder

Open up the 'ACE' Folder, not the other ones

Double click on: 'ace_clientside_config'

Or here for normal versions:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

Now there will be the following...

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

// ___ ______ ______ ___ //

// / | / ____/ / ____/ |__ \ //

// / /| | / / / __/ __/ / //

// / ___ | / /___ / /___ / __/ //

// /_/ |_| \____/ /_____/ /____/ //

// //

// //

////////////////////////////////////////////////

// //

// CLIENTSIDE CONFIG FILE //

// //

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter

---------

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

#define ACE_NOVOICE

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CARTRIDGES STAY ON GROUND

--------------------

FEATURES: Adds brass and cartridges on the ground

---------

TO ENABLE: Change the numbers in the following block

----------

class ACE_CARTRIDGES

{

enabled = 1; // COMMENT: 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled

max_cartridges = 500; // COMMENT: max. amount of cartridges on map

max_distance = 0; // COMMENT: max. distance until cartridges become deleted by FIFO

max_lifetime = 600; // COMMENT: lifetime of cartridges in seconds

min_FPS = 15; // COMMENT: min. FPs when cartridges become deleted

};

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - SIGHT ADJUSTMENT

--------------------

FEATURES: Enable range adjustment on scopes with BDC (Bullet Drop Compensation)

---------

TO ENABLE: Change the number(s) in the following block

----------

class ACE_SIGHT_ADJUSTMENT_RIFLE_CONFIG

{

enable_BDC = 1; //COMMENT: 0 - Only angular units are displayed

};

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

--------------------

FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

---------

TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile here + Your name

----------

EXAMPLE:

--------

class Identity

{

face="Default";

glasses="None";

speaker="Male01";

squad="http://www.squad.org/tag/squad2.xml";

pitch=1.0190428;

name = "John Doe";

};

class Identity

{

face="Default";

glasses="None";

speaker="Male04";

squad="http://www.vma.net.nz/squadxml/squad.xml";

pitch=0.97171593;

name = "Solarghost";

};

class ACE_WIND_CONFIG

{

enable_drift = 1; //COMMENT: enable/disable wind drift

//COMMENT: will be overridden by mission in MP

};

//////////////////////////////////////

// DONT EDIT BELOW HERE !!!!!! ///////

// Dedicated server settings /////////

//#include "ACE_serverconfig.hpp"

// Settings for ace_sys_tracking /////

#include "ACE_Tracking.hpp"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Doe is the example one, the one below that is what you need to edit.

Edit the name as it is in game, i.e. "Solarghost"

You no longer need to copy over your squad XML, voice pitch, glasses etc etc from that other notepad you have open.

All you need to edit is your name. where I have it in bald

Save the config file, then start up your game and enjoy all the new glasses, and masks you can now use.

Kind regards,

Solarghost

I used search but i found nothing,...

I Can't install ACE2, and i dont know were the problem is,...

I start The Six Updater, then it opens the IE in the Six Updater page, i choose the A. C. E. MOD (Vanilla), select AutoSkip and i choose Install or Update on the Action box,... then i clic execute and opens another window with this:

Updater (v0.14.4) by Sickboy <sb_at_dev-heaven.net>

Run with --help for help

WARNING: Please make sure anything ArmA related has been closed / shutdown, incl

explorer windows, etc

ArmA 2 Standard Distribution detected

ArmA Path: C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Manager for: @ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@CBA

Processing:

= @ACE

Already installed, trying to update...

Current Version: 0, checking for updates...

Calculating checksums

Trying rsync://killingtimeproductions.com/rel/ace/.

And that's it,.. nothing else happens,... i've turned both the windows and router firewall's off and it's the same.

Edited by Nuno Basto

I start The Six Updater, then it opens the IE in the Six Updater page, i choose the A. C. E. MOD (Vanilla), select AutoSkip and i choose Install or Update on the Action box,... then i clic execute and opens another window with this

Why do you select autoskip? Reset skipstatus and try again...

Why do you select autoskip? Reset skipstatus and try again...

Why now? autoskip means, up-to-date packages will be skipped.

So if he install first time, autoskip doesn;t matter

Great mod guys, yet again!

The only thing I see as a set back for ACE2 continues to be the exaggerated fatigue feature. I would like to see the recovery time decreased and the fitness levels of the solders increased a good amount.

The only thing I see as a set back for ACE2 continues to be the exaggerated fatigue feature. I would like to see the recovery time decreased and the fitness levels of the solders increased a good amount.

We are working on it. Please be patient.

Xeno

Hello everyone.

Xeno can you explain me why i have some problem with audio?

Example i cant hear any sound complete when i click on some button of my game and sound on game are very low and sometimes i cant hear sound on front of me.

This is only my problem or what?

Thx in advance and sorry for my bad english.

For me i have no problem with Stamina. I've managed to move with gear up to near 60kg without a problem.

First use vehicle when you can. If you can't, run/walk/run/walk, sometimes stop and do some orientation with map, compass, gps or by eye sight.

It prevents me to get out of stamina out of combat area & i still enjoy of the game.

In combat area there is no problem with stamina as you have to keep covering position after lots of small movement toward the objective.

I never use the sprint movement, except in few situation where you have to move fast to survive. Sprint is really getting you tired quickly but i think that is okay if we consider no soldier gonna run like that in normal condition if there is no enemy in the area.

Enjoy myself !

nb : the only thing i can't get to work is the interaction menu though.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

I tried editing the ace_clientside_config.hpp file within "\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE" and editing the line #define ACE_NOVOICE with adding "//" but it still get the "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgvoicetypes/novoice.name" error and no voice chatter.

Did you clean up your install. As you have modified lots of files & move them everywhere in your ArmA 2 folder.

Maybe you need to redo a clean install of ArmA2+Ace2 and modify only the .hpp files of "X:\ArmA2\UserConfig\Ace" next time ;)

Edited by Paul-Hewson

For me i have no problem with Stamina. I've managed to move with gear up to near 60kg without a problem.

I like the sight of troops walking on patrol with their rifles down... :p Get to know your squad mates! ;)

Any luck I have the same problem. I did everything per instruction edited the ace_clientside_config.hpp in the main folder and typed it my profile name and still get the same error message

This may be an easy to answer question, but where do you find the packed parachutes to use when ejecting from aircraft?

i have not seen anything called "gearbox" anywhere. What unit do i need to place in the editor to find parachutes? I am sure i need to equip myself with one before i eject from a plane....

I have searched all of the crates such as ammo crates and weapon boxes. i probably am overlooking it somewhere.

Well I've been able to run fine with around 50kg of machinegunner stuff until they added the earplugs (my sound cut out enough without yet another background sound thank you). Move in small segments, rest between, dont get to the black out point.

Its once you get exhausted that it becomes a pain and often its hard to manage. As long as you can avoid it, its fine... But when you are exhausted you might as well pitch up a tent and go to sleep for 30 minutes because it aint going away.

It will be interesting to see what is done with it. Still hoping for another effect than that the awkward black in with annoying sound pop.

i have not seen anything called "gearbox" anywhere. What unit do i need to place in the editor to find parachutes? I am sure i need to equip myself with one before i eject from a plane....

I have searched all of the crates such as ammo crates and weapon boxes. i probably am overlooking it somewhere.

maby it depends on the mission , what mission are you playing ?

The fatigue could do with being relaxed a little, its a great feature but I feel its a little too restrictive.

There's also an issue where if You're not a pilot, You black out in the jets

I know these effects are put in for realism, but its a game ffs