Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

downloaded ace 2... it's amazing! I lost my virtual aiming(third person view). Is there a new feature? How can I put it back? Thanks for this great work!!!!!

@stk2008: Going for longest sentence award? :)

Is measuring parts of Map Plus in ACE? Can't find any keys to change, so I suspect those things didn't make it. Nice to have map without textures though.

@stk2008: Going for longest sentence award? :)

Is measuring parts of Map Plus in ACE? Can't find any keys to change, so I suspect those things didn't make it. Nice to have map without textures though.

hell yeah :P my grammar and spelling is my weak point.

anybody else is hosting these files? (DIRECT DOWNLOAD/ no addon manger needed)

As with the previous beta release we have seperated the mod and the rsync files. If you wish to be able to update your ACE mods with the Six Updater you will have to download and add those rsync folders!!

All download pages contain links to the correct rsync folder for that specific package.

Only filefront mirrors for now as we lost one file server due to a hardware failure so later we will be able to add the files to our main file servers.

Edited by Guest
fixed typo

Thank you very much, as always Foxhound & Armaholic crew!

yes these guys of armaholic are my angels!ahahahha I hope they received a lot of gifts...

guys, what happend with the FLIR sights? dont have them anymore in tanks etc.

is it possible to add them in the choppers pls?

especially apache and cobra need them.

Also why i cannot use the Hellfires as they should be used?

either you should be able to lasermark the target as gunner or you can lock on a target.

But its not working :(

ACE issues or missing featurs, or arma patch issues?

There is no FLIR (or better faked FLIR) in ACE.

Xeno

there were before beta 2. Now how get it back if I would?

There is no and never was faked FLIR in ACE 2.

Xeno

I reinstalled sixupdater because of issues. When i try to launch the GUI sixupdater it says it "could not open database". What to do now?

Anyone got a solution to this?

aahhh i forgot.

the FLIR was in Domination i guess. not directly in ACE.

anyway, Xeno could you add FLIR sights to ace maybe? :)

and still the things with the hellfire, in the coop mission: Aircav it was possible to aim them directly or lock on. would be also a cool feature for ACE.

Edited by KrAziKilla

is it possible to add them in the choppers pls?

especially apache and cobra need them.

There is no fake FLIR in ACE2. And it won't be, especially with OA not far away, and with proper FLIR implementation.

Also why i cannot use the Hellfires as they should be used?

either you should be able to lasermark the target as gunner or you can lock on a target.

But its not working :(

ACE issues or missing featurs, or arma patch issues?

neither.

Hellfire works fine on my end, ACE 195. It used to be bugged, but it is now fixed in the latest update.

could someone tell me what the variable name for a Glowstick is that emits light I have been able to make a Weaponholder that puts the glowing Glowstick but it doesnt emit light like when you throw one.

How can I spawn a glowstick that emits light what is the variable name?

this is what I have so far "Knichtlight_Green_Glowing" ???????

thanks

ACE_Knicklicht_Object_R / G / W / Y / B / IR

ACE_Knicklicht_Object_R_I / G_I / W_I / Y_I / B_I / IR_I

Wow!!

I has messing with ACE features and found something that has asked a lot on sugestions but havent seen many people talking about it after the release.

Being able to get ammo from a Friendly without the need to him drop the ammo, this is awesommeeeeee!!

A video i made on editor now, i got a AT-4 from a bot and shoot it.

So I have my old ACE folders in my arma 2 installation folder. Now when running the update should I leave "autoskip" checked or do I need to leave it unchecked? I'm not so clear what the instructions on the autoskip actually mean , specifically this "(If you enable "Autoskip", it goes faster, but future updates will not be picked up "Six Updater - Console")". Thanks in advance.

Is there any chance in the near future to get a normal missile system, with good-looking and working HUD's (like in Mando-mod, or better)? And countermeasures system for Jets and Heli's?

Thanks

Please'll show how to add a second weapon at the back of the player in the editor? :bounce3:

dang nice work and cheers for the PLA goodies.

i was playing around with it today and i noticed for the first time that if you throw a smoke grenade then check the smoke it moves in the direction of the wind when you press shift+K never spotted that before.

allso one thing if i press shift+V to set me scope up when im a sniper with the PLA guns I have no such calibration window.

cheers for mod

edit

hi all again im still getting a very weird problem that is if i tell AI to get out of a vehicle they seem to warp very badly when they move even when they are very close to me there movement seems very jerky has this been discussed befor im sure some one else said about this i know i was moaning about AI warping when looking threw a scope at long range but this is at close rang and when i tell them to get out of a vehilce.

hi again well it seems to be only when you ask them to get out from an air vehicle not land.

cheers again

You think its funny to copy paste your annoying post from the 13th page?

hi all again im still getting a very weird problem that is if i tell AI to get out of a vehicle they seem to warp very badly when they move even when they are very close to me there movement seems very jerky has this been discussed befor im sure some one else said about this i know i was moaning about AI warping when looking threw a scope at long range but this is at close rang and when i tell them to get out of a vehilce.

hi again well it seems to be only when you ask them to get out from an air vehicle not land.

cheers again

That's a problem with the game engine itself, not ACE related at all. It has been reported many times on dev-heaven (bug reporting website for the game and certain mods).

I'm not sure if it was this issue or another one, but a dev replied to it saying that it's somekind of limitation that they're unable to fix right now.

Question:

Addons/ace-sys_nuke

explonation? :D

They exist. Details in the official wiki documents.

My main issue right now is with the rate of fire and burst fire of the A10's cannon. You line yourself up for a fast burst on a target click a little and bullets hit the target and you turn away... And keep spewing bullets all over the place and tk everyone for an eternity before it stops shooting.

A real-life GAU-8 takes time to spool down. A burst is just that, a burst.

Please'll show how to add a second weapon at the back of the player in the editor? :bounce3:

API function for that is being worked on and will be documented probably this week.

Can't join any games. Installed 'ace' mod and up to 1.05 patch.

I also see 'ace 2' in server names now and again ,,, Is that another version or something ? I'm getting frustrated. I hate installing mods, thought i'd do this one so i can join my favourite servers but now i can't join sh^t anymore

Mods are ok and all, but if you need to install another mod (or multiple) for every single sever it will REALLY thin out the playerbase .