Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Uhm I have a problem, everytime I try to start Arma 2 this message comes up

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found."

But everytime I look in said file, I see it right there plain as day. So why isn't ACE2 starting and why am i getting this message?

Hmmm. Open up the old thread and do a thread search, I believe there's an answer there for you. It may be in the FAQ on the DH site as well. I'm pretty sure this problem has been discussed in the past, can't remember the solution though.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

can some help me.

when i start Ace 2 i get the error that i need Ace c_gear PBO

and i get a error when i select a bradley about ammo because there is no ammo in that thing

Did you try to run the updater again. It sounds like a file is missing or corrupted. Not sure what else it could be.

IIRC the userconfig folder is in the ACE folder after the first download, put it in your main arma folder and you should be fine. IIRC, that is...:o

Did you try to run the updater again. It sounds like a file is missing or corrupted. Not sure what else it could be.

which updater i just put the folders in the main arma2 folder and start via arma launcher

Uhm I have a problem, everytime I try to start Arma 2 this message comes up

"Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found."

But everytime I look in said file, I see it right there plain as day. So why isn't ACE2 starting and why am i getting this message?

There are two ace_clientside_config.hpp files.are you sure you are checking the real one ?

@Ace/Userconfig/ace_clientside_config.hpp wrong one (this knid of backup)

Arma 2 root/userconfig/Ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp true directory.

Did you download Communauty Base Addons aka CBA ?

The updater put in

* @ACE

* @ACEX

* @ACEX_PLA

* @ACEX_SM

* @CBA

All of them folders are in the arma 2 directory, I'm at a loss on how to fix it.

EDIT: Tried deleting the @cba and re downloaded it but same error message comes up.

Edited by Loki-Stuart

which updater i just put the folders in the main arma2 folder and start via arma launcher

Which updater? The updater most of us use to DL the Mod and keep up to date. Check the first post if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Can you confirm the location of the ace_clientside_config.hpp. Are you looking at the .hpp file in the @ACE folder? Or the other location?(The userconfig folder in the main A2 directory.) As snakedoctor34 there's two of them.

Double check -mod= parameter if you have issues to find ACE addons ingame: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2

The updater put in

* @ACE

* @ACEX

* @ACEX_PLA

* @ACEX_SM

* @CBA

All of them folders are in the arma 2 directory, I'm at a loss on how to fix it.

EDIT: Tried deleting the @cba and re downloaded it but same error message comes up.

The issue seems to be that it cannot find the default addon that defines CAData. This is ca.pbo located in the ArmA 2\Addons folder.

Either your "Start in" setting of your shortcut is invalid, or the mentioned file is missing or corrupt, please restore the proper version in that case.

If still issues please http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

This question has probably been asked and answered 100 times before - sorry if it has!

Will the HK416/417 / Scar's and the rest of the weapons from Ace1 be ported over to Ace2?

Sorry again if it's been asked before :o

*PS* Love the mod, keep up the excellent work!

Having a strange problem since last update.

getting kicked from our server for wrong signature files

for CBA common and arrays pbo's.

Now I know server files are up to date and I know Im up

to date, after countless deletions and re-installs.

has anyone come across this problem and is there a solution?

Sickboy,

I have a problem... Updater v0.4.1 works 1-2 sec. and closes... why so? :(

0.4.5. - problem persists... Where can I download the old version? 0.3.5?

This question has probably been asked and answered 100 times before - sorry if it has!

Will the HK416/417 / Scar's and the rest of the weapons from Ace1 be ported over to Ace2?

Too broad a question as you framed it to answer properly.

But HK's are on the way - new models.

Hey, how come when i launch the six updater GUI, and it takes it onto the suite. When i go to select either ACE beta or beta it says dont use at the moment.. How long till i can update.. Thank you

Hey, how come when i launch the six updater GUI, and it takes it onto the suite. When i go to select either ACE beta or beta it says dont use at the moment.. How long till i can update.. Thank you

Don't use that one, use A.C.E. Mod preset.

Since the official ArmA 2 1.05 is out, better to use that than 1.04/5 beta :P

159th Combat Aviation Brigade is running a dedicated ACE 2 server.

174.34.133.130:2302 -159thcab.com -ACE,Zeus,GL4-

mods being ran on the server, full ACE mod, Zeus AI, GL4, JTD Fire and smoke, and just about every island you can get through six updater.

all addons we keep up to date.

we leave domi on most of the time to attract the masses, but fridays we host specific co-op maps.

159th Combat Aviation Brigade is running a dedicated ACE 2 server.

174.34.133.130:2302 -159thcab.com -ACE,Zeus,GL4-

mods being ran on the server, full ACE mod, Zeus AI, GL4, JTD Fire and smoke, and just about every island you can get through six updater.

all addons we keep up to date.

we leave domi on most of the time to attract the masses, but fridays we host specific co-op maps.

Ty, added; http://updater.dev-heaven.net/servers/show/7a3e02a6-f302-11de-b9d6-0021855d3b6d

OMG!!!!!!!!! wth is this six updater it so easy best thing ever.

now i only have to click and the rest is done.

when i heard and read abit it looked to complicate

but its very easy

thx ACE and Sickboy

OMG!!!!!!!!! wth is this six updater it so easy best thing ever.

now i only have to click and the rest is done.

when i heard and read abit it looked to complicate

but its very easy

thx ACE and Sickboy

I thought the exact same thing at first. But after the initial small learning curve, it's clearly a great little tool.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I only got these, which one, sorry being a noob right now..LOL

acebeta2trouble1.jpgw800.png

Use the first one, the one that's already highlighted in that picture. Then hit execute right below that.

The issue seems to be that it cannot find the default addon that defines CAData. This is ca.pbo located in the ArmA 2\Addons folder.

Either your "Start in" setting of your shortcut is invalid, or the mentioned file is missing or corrupt

Fixed it, it was indeed missing the default Addon directory, on reflection I must of deleted it when un-installing a sound mod. Reinstalled the full game and now it works fine, thanks.

Yes, it has been asked before, so instead of excusing yourself, you could have searched.

Answer:

HK family - YES, in the future

SCAR family - NO, but will come with OA

Hi guys!

Let me also tell you, that this mod is phenomenal. Great job!

I've just updated to the v195, and still having two minor glitches:

1. The tail rotor still not slicing me up. Actually it does no damage at all to any infantry.

2. The IR strobes can't be seen on the HuntIR monitor in any mode.

Please'll show how to add a second weapon at the back of the player in the editor? :bounce3:
API function for that is being worked on and will be documented probably this week.

Oh .. thanks! It will wait for solutions to my problem! :thanx:

Having a strange problem since last update.

getting kicked from our server for wrong signature files

for CBA common and arrays pbo's.

Now I know server files are up to date and I know Im up

to date, after countless deletions and re-installs.

has anyone come across this problem and is there a solution?

Check and make sure the server has the new key files that were issued with the beta2 release of ACE2 in it's ...\ArmA 2\Keys folder

They new ones are "CBA_Test2.bikey", "ACE_Test2.bikey", "ACEX_Test2.bikey", ""ACEX_PLA_Test2.bikey" and "ACEX_SM_Test2.bikey", whereas the old ones were called "*_Test.bikey"

@Sickboy

thanks, but the provided link (Version 4.5) hasent changed anythings, still the same issue persists

But I figured somethings out with my Problem. As my screenshot says so a Errormessage (or whatever it soposed to be) appears: Errno:ENOENT. This is visible in the quite small part of a second where the three lines are visible in the disappearing DOS Window. Googling for it told me a lot of crap I dont understand cause it has somethings to do with servers and clients and other crap..:confused::confused:..

May be one of you guys have an idea what it is soposed to be.

EDIT:

Creating a new ticket don´t (yet) make any sense cause I dont have any Configuration files not speaking of logfiles. I checked the path where they actually should be located, but I dont have such a file in my AppData/Roaming directory. So the whole Installation process seems to be wrong. Any Ideas about that?

EDIT2:

I renamed my Computer to a Name without a Space and without ö. But problem still persisits. Six-updater Folder will still not beeing created in AppData/Roaming directory.

Edited by MemphisBelle