Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL - British Army Lynx AH Pack for ArmA2 Released

Guest RKSL-Rock

We are proud to release the Lynx AH7 pack for ArmA2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the years we have had offers of donations to help us keep going. We've always politely turned these down. But now we'd like you to show your appreciation of our work by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes. A charity that supports injured and wounded service men of the British Armed Forces.

http://www.justgiving.com/RKSLStudios

Regardless of whether you are British or not and you want to show your support for RKSL Studios please show it by donating anything you can afford to Help For Heroes.

Thank You and Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Rock and UNN of RKSL Studios.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rksl_lynx_ah7_a2_rel2_001sml.jpg

rksl_lynx_ah7_a2_rel2_002sml.jpg

Version: .......................Release 2.0(ArmA2)

Developer: ....................RKSL Studios (http://www.rkslstudios.info/)

Publisher: ....................RKSL Studios (http://www.rkslstudios.info/)

OFP Ed Center Code: .......RKSL

Description: British Army Lynx AH Helicopter Pack

This is a slightly updated port of the ArmA1 helicopters we released earlier. While they do not look much different there are quite a few changes beneath the surface.

Having said that we will be reviewing a number of our projects in light of ArmA2 engine changes. This may mean that the older models may be replaced with new models better optimised for the ArmA2 game engine and patches.

1. VERSION HISTORY

Version: Date: Notes:

REL 2.0 24-12-09 ArmA 2 Public Release

BETA1.9I 28-09-09 ArmA 2 Internal Flight Model Testing

BETA1.8I 28-09-09 ArmA 2 Internal Flight Model Testing

Rel 1.5E 11-06-09 ArmA 2 External Private Beta Testing version

Rel 1.4E 21-04-09 ArmA 2 External Private version

BETA1.3I 05-03-09 Internal Beta Testing version

BETA1.2I 11-02-09 Internal Testing version

BETA1.0 25-12-08 ArmA1 First Release

2. CREDITS

Project Coordinators: RKSL Rock

Modeling: RKSL Rock

Textures: RKSL Rock & VXR

Cpp File: RKSL Rock & UNN

Scripting: UNN

Beta Testers: DAR-V, AAC Team,USMC-Kyle,Vinz,Andy M,Andy P.

Documentation: RKSL Rock

Producer: RKSL Studios

3. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

The British Army Lynx AH BETA Pack addon is © 2008/09 RKSL Studios. All rights reserved.

By downloading this content you agree to the following End User License Agreement:

3.1 The content of the download is sole intellectual property of RKSL Studios and it's creators.

3.2 You shall in no way modify, repackage or reserve engineer any of the content of the .pbo files included in this download, without first receiving prior permission from RKSL Studios

3.3 You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.

3.4 This content is provided for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.

3.5 You may distribute the .pbo files within this download freely, so long as the .pbo files are unmodified (see 3.2), and the Readme File, including this EULA, is attached.

4. TERMS OF USE

The British Army Lynx AH BETA Pack addons (hereafter 'Software') contain units to be used in the PC DVD-ROM games "Armed Assault" (hereafter 'ArmA') and "Arma2". To use the Software you must agree to the following Conditions of use:

• RKSL Studios (hereafter 'RKSL') grants to you a personal, nonexclusive license to use the Software for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and distributing non-commercial game content for ArmA.
  • Modification of the Software, in part or in whole, without written permission from RKSL is expressly prohibited.
  • Any military, commercial or educational exploitation of any game content created using the Software is expressly prohibited.
  • Reverse-engineering, or other conversion of the Software is expressly prohibited.
  • The Software may only be re-distributed in its entirety, complete with this "ReadMe" document.
  • The use of this software with VBS2,VBS1 or any BIA software is prohibited.

5. LEGAL DISCLAIMER

• The British Army Lynx AH Pack addons are distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
  • The British Army Lynx AH Pack addons are not an official Addon or tool.
  • Use of the British Army Lynx AH BETA Pack addons. (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

6. DISTRIBUTING GAME CONTENT CREATED WITH THE ADDON

Please note that you do NOT require permission from RKSL to distribute game content (e.g. missions) created with the British Army Lynx AH Pack addons, although RKSL does ask that you credit the addon(s) in any release documentation.

7. SUPPORT INFORMATION

RKSL Studios may provide limited support via the RKSL website (http://www.rkslstudios.info) when convenient for the RKSL Team. But RKSL regrets that it cannot provide any dedicated support to the end user. Please do not request support or advice directly via email, IRC or instant message.

8. REQUIRED ADDONS

9. INSTALLATION

Extract the contents of the RAR file into your C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 folder. Then either use a mod folder launcher or modify your start up link include the @RKSL Mod folder eg:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\arma.exe" -mod=@RKSL -nosplash

10. ADDED/SPECIAL UNITS

Class name Description

rksl_lynx_ah7_gpmg Twin GPMG with 4 Passengers

rksl_lynx_ah7_1gpmg Single GPMG with 6 Passengers

rksl_lynx_ah7_4tow Single GPMG, 4x TOW with 6 Passengers

rksl_lynx_ah9_1 Unarmed Transport

11. ADDON DESCRIPTION

The addon is intended to simulate the British Army's Lynx Helicopters. We’ve tried to accurately reproduce the model and its features where possible. But we have taken some ‘artistic license’ in places.

12. NOTES

There are several issues with the addon. Mostly Cosmetic in nature:

- All Textures are WIP and will change!

- Several of the cockpit instruments are blank

- Cocpit SMDI is too shiny

- GPMG has no RVMATs

- GPMG Texture is poorly optimised.

Please report all bugs via the bugtracker:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/documentation/bug-tracker.html

DOWNLOADS:

Mirror #1 - RKSL Studios - British Army Lynx Ah Pack for ArmA2 15MB

I loved these babies in ArmA I! Thanks for the Christmas present!

good idea with the donations page to a very good cause.

i just hope the mirrors like armaholic and the other will put a link to it.

all the best and hope you reach your total

Thanks, will donate, excellent work and an excellent cause, thankyou

Anyone else not get any engine/rotor sound onboard the Lynx? (passenger, crew or pilot)

Using 1.05 and latest ACE2.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel;1524600']Anyone else not get any engine/rotor sound onboard the Lynx? (passenger' date=' crew or pilot)

Using 1.05 and latest ACE2.[/quote']

The interiors are very quiet. This was a feature demanded by several groups for when playing online so the sounds dont interfere with TS or Vent comms.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

I'm not getting any sounds apart from the engine start up. As in all I can hear in flight are occasional crows squawking. Will try isolating without any addons but I doubt that's it.

Also it's now an awful ride using keyboard and mouse, but I guess this was intended. Could be time to splash out on flight stick and pedals! (and a new desk with extra foot room! :p)

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel;1524660']I'm not getting any sounds apart from the engine start up. As in all I can hear in flight are occasional crows squawking. Will try isolating without any addons but I doubt that's it.

No thats down to something else. I'd check your other addons.

Daniel;1524660'] Also it's now an awful ride using keyboard and mouse' date=' but I guess this was intended. Could be time to splash out on flight stick and pedals! (and a new desk with extra foot room! :p)[/quote']

It is a lot lighter than previous versions but considering 60% of the testers were using keyboards i'm very surprised you say that. It does take some time to learn to fly again but 19 out of the 21 testers said they loved it... so maybe take some more time to practice?

Yeah, i'll reserve that comment till i've got more time with it.

Noticed the sound is there if I whack my speakers on full, but that seems a bit overkill to me? I see the logic, but then i'd usually just tweak my game sounds down to suit if comms we're getting hard work, but each to their own. Just seems a little weird boarding up into a silent helicopter.

Regardless, outstanding work, do appreciate you releasing them.

Daniel;1524672']Yeah' date=' i'll reserve that comment till i've got more time with it.

Noticed the sound is there if I whack my speakers on full, but that seems a bit overkill to me? I see the logic, but then i'd usually just tweak my game sounds down to suit if comms we're getting hard work, but each to their own. Just seems a little weird boarding up into a silent helicopter.

Regardless, outstanding work, do appreciate you releasing them.[/quote']

Same sound levels for me here too. Otherwise a thoroughly bona inducing fun to use addon. Good work and thank you RKSL!

No thats down to something else. I'd check your other addons.

It is a lot lighter than previous versions but considering 60% of the testers were using keyboards i'm very surprised you say that. It does take some time to learn to fly again but 19 out of the 21 testers said they loved it... so maybe take some more time to practice?

I played with keyboard & mouse. Loved it. You should have every one of your addons as nimble as the Lynx and Puma. Great work. :)

I usually find I can fly quite well with minimal mouse input, whereas here I find the keys jerk the heli all over the place so i'm left forever dragging the mouse. I'll persist and report back once i've racked up more time.

Daniel;1524991']I usually find I can fly quite well with minimal mouse input' date=' whereas here I find the keys jerk the heli all over the place so i'm left forever dragging the mouse. I'll persist and report back once i've racked up more time.[/quote']

Use the mouse for pitch and roll, not "turn". It helps a lot. ;)

Great chopper. Nice visibility for the pilot and improved agility for quick maneuvers. Pulling a 180 and swinging that rear out is much quicker now. ;)

I remember the old poll thread where the challenging flight model won out. Is this chopper the best example of a challening flight model? While it's definitely improved over the default A2 choppers, I don't exactly see it as more challenging. It clearly has stronger rudder control and roll capability, but is this the maximum that can be done with A2 flight models?

I'm wondering if there is a way to lose control or "fall out of the sky" faster (like fast stalling in some of the older jet addons for A1 when you turned too fast. Not sure if it was the F18 or F16 that had that extra sensitive handling :confused:). Maybe there is a way to increase the speed of ascent and decent via script similar to the people that have used nitro boosts for cars.

I know the flight model in this engine is seriously limited, but you guys are most likely the ones that are going to be pushing the boundries as far as they'll go. :bounce3:

First of great work on bith the choppers. Have really been waiting for these and i havent been disappointed with your great work :)

The interiors are very quiet. This was a feature demanded by several groups for when playing online so the sounds dont interfere with TS or Vent comms.

Even though i understand the reason for this it would be great to just have a little engine noise. Its a bit strange flying around and hearing the birds outside ;)

First of great work on bith the choppers. Have really been waiting for these and i havent been disappointed with your great work :)

Even though i understand the reason for this it would be great to just have a little engine noise. Its a bit strange flying around and hearing the birds outside ;)

^ What he said

have to agree, when inside i dont really hear ANY engine sound. tbh makes it harder to fly for me :S