Sign in to follow this  
maruk

EW Bonus Campaign Hotfix Available

Thanks for the Hotfix.

The campaign is awesome, completed it three times by now.

Effects, Atmosphere, Story, all is just great.

I hope Arrowhead's campaign will have the same level of quality.

Merry Christmas! :)

Come on guys... BIS works their asses off to bring us 1.05 patch with added free content before Christmas and then releases a hotfix the day before Christmas eve and all you can do is to whine and complain?

FFS, grow up some and show some grattitude "kidz" (I don't know your true age but you sure behave like spoiled brats IMO)!

/KC

well said took the words out my mouth

Been playin' since OFP days (& Arma/Arma2) it's been a long journey so far!

We have always had the naysayers on the forums, sometimes they have a point - sometimes they need to learn a little patience but with a bit of luck the worst of them will just get bored & go away. Arma2 (in my opinion) is the best game of this genre bar none. There may be other games that tried and failed completely (one very recent - you know who you are!), but NONE with such a fantastic modding community & ongoing free support from the makers. I recently downloaded 1.05 & played EW without any problems whatsoever - I thought it was great fun.

@BIS - Guys (& gals), THANKYOU, there are many (like me) who dont post because we're too busy playin' the game or downloading a new toy for it! We understand that the complexity of what you do means we will encounter some problems along the way, we are greatful that the devs listen to the feedback & we understand that it has never been possible to please ALL the people ALL the time, we are happy to wait for the fixes, we are enjoying ARMA 2 more than any other game and we are in this with BIS for the long haul (always have been). We've watched you nurture this baby from the beginning & it just keeps getting better. You should be very proud. This is more than a game, this is artistry - and BIS are the masters of this art.

Just keep doin' what you're doin' - coz you do it better than anyone else.

Happy Christmas to all at BIS and all in the community.

There... I've said it now (registered just for this) and i feel better already.

Too many complainers for sure! This campaign was beautiful!

I haven't even installed the hotfix and i didn't encounter a single bug :)

It isn`t a patch. Ya move 2 files over from an extracted zip file, and then I tried to verify the file integrity on Steam. Am now reacquiring 75 files that failed to verify.

This campaign instilled new hope for OA. It was so immersive, made me feel like there was an actual nuclear war going on. It was definitely the most fun iv had playing an Arma campaign EVER. Good job BI!

Yes, it was great and I also finished it without the hotfix.

Kinda wish I had drawn the short match stick at the end, since it was a "mini" campaign.

Kinda wish I had drawn the short match stick at the end, since it was a "mini" campaign.

hehe yeah. I hope sometime in the future that there will be a sequel.

I finished a WHOLE official campaign/mission in a BIS game without bugs

never thought i'd say this :p; and an excellent mission/campaign it was too! It was super-immersive in expert mode. A few days before 1.05 was released I was wondering if it was possible to create an immersive and emotional 'e&e-style' campaign/mission (escape and evasion), the adventure of getting out of chernarus was just as good.

I love you BIS :icon_hug:

Edited by SASrecon

I got to the second mission, and to the part you run into two guys at a shed. They go inside and close the door.

They're telling you to drop your weapon or be killed. I can't do anything from that point. They just point their guns at you and that's it. You can't kill them because they'll kill you, and my character guy doesn't drop his gun.

Installing the hotfix doesn't fix anything here.

Vehicles can't be entered because they might be locked? Maybe designer wants to have lots of vehicles as props but doesn't want player to use them, so he locks them. Perfectly normal, but I didn't check out mission file.

To drop weapon, press G and double click the weapon. It is removed from inventory and put on ground, and the trigger kicks in. Works for me anyway.

C

Also im pretty disappointed again in BI. I thought this campaign would have at least not major game breaking bugs. Because it's a small campaign and it would have not been much effort to check it a few times for release.

I had both of these bugs. I avoided the truck bug by reloading the mission a few times after that it worked cost me an half hour though and a lot of frustration. Then I come at the end of the campaign i get the endless waiting bug. Yes endless waiting it was. The campaign doesn't finish. But I also couldn't load a point back in the mission to get around it because the game thought the campaign was finished so the user saves disappeared. Can only revert and begin the mission at the point where the atombomb drops.

So this small mini campaign only was frustration. To bad. Im glad the hotfix is here so soon(although i cant download it) but it shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

I will certainly think twice to buy arma: oa on release date because of this.

Man this is just too cool to complain about, when I ran into the problem i found this fix strait away..... Thanks A MILLION BI, this is and awesome game and I have gotten way more then my 50 bucks US for it. Cant wait until Operation Arrowhead is released. (P.S. dont up the price though LOL)

www.armaman.com

CPU: Intel i7 920 (C0/C1) @ 3.82GHz (1.30v)

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2

PSU: Corsair 750W

Memory: 6GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1392MHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 280 1GB

Monitor: Acer 22" LCD (1680x1050)

HDD: 2x WD Black 500GB (OS + My Docs)

To drop weapon, press G and double click the weapon. It is removed from inventory and put on ground, and the trigger kicks in. Works for me anyway.

Dont forget to put down any grenades you have as well, you cant hide them like i tried to. :D

thx u guys, it worked out OK.

Campaign was pretty short, hope there'll be a sequel.

Enough with the complaining, it had problems, we found them and released a hotfix.....

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3921 Torrent

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

NbLI.jpg

Exactly, waste of time and energy to complain:)

If you'd like to complain about bugs, download and install Americas Army 3 and play for a little, by the end of the day you will be cursing like a sailor.

It's funny, I didn't run into a single bug in EW. I've now played it the whole way through twice as well. I, for one, am loving it.

It really is a shame that people slag off Karel's work after he spent something like half a year building it, and some haven't even tried it yet to see if they themselves get the bugs. But I guess that's human nature, to complain.

It really is a shame that people slag off Karel's work after he spent something like half a year building it, and some haven't even tried it yet to see if they themselves get the bugs. But I guess that's human nature, to complain.

Agreed, although from other forum posts it's pretty clear that it's a minority. This mission eclipsed Red Harvest for me and the quick release of the Hotfix couldn't have been better (and yes I did lose a couple of hours to the truck bug).

Now, just make sure Arrowhead has the same quality and you are sorted :yay:*coughNoWarfarecough*

Edited by Gray1107

Its a nice little campaign and hopefully we will see how the story of Electronic Warfare continues. :)

I only dislike the use of movie-effects (bit overdone filters, blood splashes etc) from a players view its kinda strange to see such design gimmicks. They are imho only nice + handy for trailers/teaser and perhaps cutscenes. But I missed the shockwave and radiation impact from the nuke! ;)

I just finished it and thought it was amazing. The music, filters and setting gave it a real Stalker vibe, which was cool. The only thing I can think of that I wish was done differently would be to

have the bomb go off during play, and not during a cutscene. That would have made it a true "WTF" moment, in my opinion.

edit: Fixed, thanks.

Edited by Forrest Gimp

@Forrest Gimp, you know there are spoiler tags [ spoiler] spoilerz go here [ /spoiler] (use without the spaces)

which will hide such things unless the individual user wishes to see them.

um- I can say that I found no bugs- so as always- a lot of the people talking about bugs either have an older system, a crap system, or just can't do things correctly lol.

or they're like mickey mouse- a lil bit of knowledge can get you into serious trouble :p

also- the 8kb transfer rate-- lol-- um download is dependent on 3 things- guy who claims to always to be proven right, ( he couldn't be an American, could he? ), YOUR internet connection, the TRAFFIC to the download server, AND FINALLY- the speed of the server's own connection- my dl came through at 1mb or so per second,,,

maybe my lil pc and connection all the way down here in Sydney MUST be unreal, eh?

:p and double :p to anyone who thinks they're going to have a superior connection to almost ANY game software maker. dun embarras yourself.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

um- I can say that I found no bugs- so as always- a lot of the people talking about bugs either have an older system, a crap system, or just can't do things correctly lol.

or they're like mickey mouse- a lil bit of knowledge can get you into serious trouble

also- the 8kb transfer rate-- lol-- um download is dependent on 3 things- guy who claims to always to be proven right, ( he couldn't be an American, could he? ), YOUR internet connection, the TRAFFIC to the download server, AND FINALLY- the speed of the server's own connection- my dl came through at 1mb or so per second,,,

maybe my lil pc and connection all the way down here in Sydney MUST be unreal, eh?

and double to anyone who thinks they're going to have a superior connection to almost ANY game software maker. dun embarras yourself.

Is the hotfix still needed with the main 1.05 patch download?
for sure it is!