Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

hi!

In first I want to say that this mod is very good, i like this job!

but i have a problem to create a video about arma 2...a bleu message appears in start of mission and its too ugly to make a film....

consequently i want to suppress this message but i can't do it...its would be nice to you to help me... thank you!

You can disable this initialized message in one of the user config files.

Edited by Component Actual
REMOVED IMAGE

To disable the "initialize" messages on mission startup go to your GL4 userconfig folder and open the GL4_Core file using notepad. Scroll to the bottom and look for this:

// GL4 Initialize Debug:

// ========================================================== // Choose if the "Initialize" debug should be used.

// Note: This debug displays how "Group Link 4" was initialized directly after the initialize of "Group Link 4" was done.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Core set [4, False];

Then

change the last line above to the following (eliminating the "//" at the beginning):

GL4_Core set [4, False];

save and close.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I cant figure out how to get these cleared:

markers.jpg

This is playing on "EXPERT" with all HUD aids disabled and still these are present. This is definitely something related to GL4 and not the game options difficulty settings because if I launch this same village sweep mission with just plain vanilla arma2 or arma2 with only ACE2 and not GL4 these unit symbols are NOT present. I've looked at the GL4 userconfigs but can not find what disables these...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by SeaVee

@SeaVee: I know how to disable the markers within GL4 configs and it worked fine until I patched the game to 1.07 yesterday. You may, however, try following my directions to disabling the markers which USED to work for me before patching:

Go to your ArmA 2 main directory. If you haven't already, copy the seven different GL4 userconfig txt files from the GL4 userconfig folder into a new subfolder named GL4. Put this folder into a folder named userconfig. Then, cut-paste this userconfig folder into your main ArmA 2 directory. This way, you only have ONE set of GL4 userconfig files in your entire ArmA 2 directory.

Go to GL4_High_Command.sqf and find all the reinforcement options. There you can set 3D Markers to "True" or "False" for the entire friendly troops as well as for for each type of reinforcement unit.

Don't forget to uncomment the respective lines so they get read...

It worked for me, and was independent from activating or deactivating the map markers you get on the 'M' evoked map which are set within GL4_Local.sqf and GL4_Global.sqf.

But unfortunately with patch 1.07, something has happened to GL4 userconfig. My other mods who have userconfigs still work as I set them, and EVERY other GL4 setting I made also works as before - every setting besides the 3D markers.

Hope that could give you some directions,

touristo

hi, I'm using the patch 1.07 and GL4 / ACE2

But since I have graphic errors ... without GL4 I have this error does not ... :confused:

why is that, otherwise someone else has this error ..

sorry for my bad English ..

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062523222610.jpg/

http://img571.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062523191868.jpg/

http://img413.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062523191245.jpg/

my system

Win7 x64

ATI 5870 with Catalyst 7.10

hi, I'm using the patch 1.07 and GL4 / ACE2

But since I have graphic errors ... without GL4 I have this error does not ... :confused:

why is that, otherwise someone else has this error ..

sorry for my bad English ..

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062523222610.jpg/

http://img571.imageshack.us/i/arma22010062523191868.jpg/

my system

Win7 x64

ATI 5870 with Catalyst 7.10

I'm having the same issues. Thanks, I couldn't figure out what was the cause. I'll disable this and try it again.

EDIT:

I can confirm this is happening with v1.07 and GL4. If I remove it, it stops.

Good spot Jimi! I was wondering why that was happening.

Edited by Manzilla

It would be nice to hear from SNKMAN, if he can update GL4 for 1.07 patch.

Hey, I was wondering if you guys noticed that this mod messed with JTD. The smoke wont work like JTD smoke anymore.

You know I didn't really notice or miss the smoke (slows my computer down too much anyway) but I think you may be right. Try disabling the special FX part of GL4 in the user configs. If the smoke comes back then we can try narrowing it down further to figure out which GL4 sepecial effect is disableing the smoke.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Has anyone had trouble with GL4 causing missions to end early, since the 1.07 patch. Ever since I updated to 1.07 missions and/or tasks complete before I even do anything. Usually with in about 30 seconds to 1 minute of starting mission, but sometimes later on. If I turn of GL4 the mission plays fine. Have triedon multiple missions in different campaigns. I think all the missions were had clear out/ kill all enemy objective though. Don't know if that matters or not just FYI.

If anyone else has or had this same problem or knows of or has read of a solution plz let me know. Thanks.

Also I had the same problem in Operation Arrowhead I think. Don't know for sure cuz I hadn't completed the mission before but it seemed like it ended in a strange unfinished spot. It was the first scenario and I was ordered to Return to Base and before I even got in Hum V to leave the area the mission ended saying I had completed all objectives.

Im playing with GL4 special FX and JTD FAS. Just make sure JTD is loaded after GL4 and it works fine.

But yes it takes some performance and is causing lag especially when a lot of smoke is generated.

Is this mod going to be updated for 1.07, and OA?

I hope so I'm dying for it.

somebody posted that this works for OA, anybody done this yet ?

I want to know the same thing, and if it works with all OA content as well or if that needs to be updated.

Is this mod going to be updated for 1.07, and OA?

I believe so. I doubt he would just stop without informing us. He's probably just taking a well needed break.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I doubt it. It has a few problems with A2 v1.07 so I'd say the problems would carry over to OA.

I just tried the mod out with 1.07 and im getting a missing Config file error? why? any fix for it?

Its like core something missing...?

I just tried the mod out with 1.07 and im getting a missing Config file error? why? any fix for it?

Its like core something missing...?

move the config file in the GL4 folder to the userconfig file in your arma directory thing.

Its in the readme.

I believe so. I doubt he would just stop without informing us. He's probably just taking a well needed break.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I doubt it. It has a few problems with A2 v1.07 so I'd say the problems would carry over to OA.

Works perfectly for me using Operation Arrowhead + ArmA 2 on Steam.

For me too, I posted in the working mods thread. I have had no issues with 1.07 or OA.

Works perfectly for me using Operation Arrowhead + ArmA 2 on Steam.

I'm making some desert combat missions with armour using GL4, I want to know how I can increase the engagement ranges. They don't start firing far away enough.

I want to see 1500+m engagement range for tanks.

I'm making some desert combat missions with armour using GL4, I want to know how I can increase the engagement ranges. They don't start firing far away enough.

I want to see 1500+m engagement range for tanks.

The easiest way to change this would be to use GL4 in conjunction with the Zeus mod. Other wise you should try messing with the skill settings in GL4 Global user config file, but I am not exactly sure how those work. I have changed a few settings but it is always hard to tell exactly what the impact is.

I've some graphical issues. The fire of destroyed vehicles is sometimes like a spiral spinning very fast. It's the same for burning houses hit by tank fire for example. I think that some special effects doesn't work like before.

Tino

I've some graphical issues. The fire of destroyed vehicles is sometimes like a spiral spinning very fast. It's the same for burning houses hit by tank fire for example. I think that some special effects doesn't work like before.

Tino

I have seen this as well actually...

Tino

Yea, I saw this to in OA..smoke & fire mod with warfxparticles together that caused that effect...took out warfxparticles mod and it was fine.

Yea, I saw this to in OA..smoke & fire mod with warfxparticles together that caused that effect...took out warfxparticles mod and it was fine.

Make sure you guys are using the newest version of CBA/XEH.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11087

That fixed the issues I had.

Does anyone know how to disable the healing feature of GL4? When I use GL4 every member of my squad can completely heal every other member as if they were all medics. I would like to return to the vanilla medic healing system.

How to disable hands shake and breathe when something shot close enough?