Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Yes i already was playing with the thought to make a stand alone version of it. ;)

please!

My only grip about the GL4 MOD is the AI Rate of Fire && Suppressive Fire, Had to modifie them myself to make them be more "consequent".

In real life, Troops throw everything they have at the enemy's face at an incredible speed. This is mainly due to the stress and to the adrenalyn caused by such an intense effort and by the danger.

The AI in GL4 seems to be kind of precise and seems to count its ammo... heh.

High ROF do furthermore increase the immersion factor by making firefight last longer and become way more intense and interesting.

This is, rather well reproduced in the SLX MOD, though.

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

Yes you are right. :)

A.I. of Group Link 4 do count it's ammo and use it wisely.

The "Suppressed Fire" feature of Group Link 4 was made to let enemy A.I. hit the ground for a specific amount of time and then get up and fight again.

Well i made the enemy A.I. to fire back ( suppress ) and of course check how much ammo they still have.

Bevore i had added the count magazines functions i very often saw enemy A.I. after i was suppressed by them running around with no ammo/magazines left becouse they had throw'n everything in my direction.

So i personally would not fire every single bullet in the direction of where my enemy came from.

I would stop shooting and try to retread bevore running out of ammo.

Of course the "Suppressed Fire" feature can be enhanced by using the "suppressFor " command but so far i haven't seen any reason for this.

Well, I'd suggest to use 2 or 3 magazines in a suppressive fire mode, then the rest of the magazines will be used wisely.

The second suggestion is to increase the probability the AI check out dead bodies for more magazines or new weapons.

Regards,

TB

Well, I'd suggest to use 2 or 3 magazines in a suppressive fire mode, then the rest of the magazines will be used wisely.

Exactly that's why i have added the magazine check.

Let's say each enemy A.I. unit can use 3 magazines to suppress but all A.I. units only have 3 magazines left becouse they had used the other ammo bevore, then they again will fire all their ammo to suppress the enemy.

The second suggestion is to increase the probability the AI check out dead bodies for more magazines or new weapons.

Yes this could be made.

Currently A.I. is checking for new ammo/weapons each "50 + (random 70)" so every 1 - 1 1/2 minutes.

Fair enough.

I will keep tweaking here and will let you know about the "most satisfying values". ;]

Regards,

TB

Fine. :)

Good to know a skilled guy like you will have a eye on it. ;)

Many thanks.

Hi SNKMAN,

In the mission crCTI, you have the option to set flight altitude for your AI pilot in a chopper.

Set flight altitude for AI pilot through action menu.

Then a dialog pops up:

3m -mount possible

5m -eject possible

What is missing a little is the land function. (automatically the engine is switched off, and pilot& gunner stay in after landing)

Maybe this complete package would be a nice fit in gl4, so it will be available in every mission on every chopper with your AI as pilot, as expansion somehow in the menu with HC force move and HQ Radio?

Edited by Birdseye

Hi SNKMAN,

Where do I set the classes and units for the spawn feature? It says in the readme the GL4_Global.sqf but I can't see anywhere in that to place them?

@Birdseye

Did you already try the "Group Link 4: High Command Helicopter" feature?

It do exactly what you have descripted. ;)

@aeggwards1

It says in the readme the GL4_Global.sqf but I can't see anywhere in that to place them?

Really?

Well the "Spawn" feature can be used with a trigger.

Please have a look here:

Spawn Units / Groups: Server / MP

This feature spawn enemy A.I. units/groups in different size and different classes.

Note: If enemy A.I. spawns nearby empty vehicles and they are not nearby the conflict point then

they will mount the empty vehicles and drive to the conflict point instead of walking all the way.

1. The Spawn Trigger:

Create a new trigger somewhere at the map.

Give the trigger a name. Example: “GL4_Spawn_HQ_Alphaâ€.

Choose/customize the size and the activation condition of the trigger.

The Trigger Condition:

The trigger “Condition†can use several conditions to randomly spawn units/groups.

1. Condition Examples:

Here you can see which conditions can be used.

Example: This will execute the spawn feature 30 seconds after mission start.

(time > 30)

Example: This will execute the spawn feature after there are only 5 enemy A.I. groups alive.

(count (GL4_Reinforcement select 0) <= 5)

The Trigger On Activation:

The trigger “On Actiovation†array use 4 values which must be filled to spawn units/groups.

1. The Position:

The position is the name of the trigger.

The created groups will be spawned randomly within the trigger radius.

This means the bigger the trigger radius the more randomly groups will be spawned.

[GL4_Spawn_HQ_Alpha, 2, ["RUS_Soldier_TL","RUS_Soldier3","RUS_Soldier1"] ] call (GL4_Spawn_F select 0);

2. The Groups:

Choose how many groups should be spawned.

For a random amount of groups use:

2 + (random 2) which will spawn 2 - 4 groups.

3 + (random 5) which will spawn 3 - 8 groups.

[GL4_Spawn_HQ_Alpha, 2, ["RUS_Soldier_TL","RUS_Soldier3","RUS_Soldier1"] ] call (GL4_Spawn_F select 0);

3. The Group Size: ( Fixed )

Choose which kind of units should be spawned.

Note: The first class in the list always is the group leader.

In this example 3 classes are used which means that this group will have 3 units.

3. The Group Size: ( Random )

If the class array is empty then a random amount of groups and classes which can be set in

The “GL4_Global†settings will be created.

[GL4_Spawn_HQ_Alpha, 2, [] ] call (GL4_Spawn_F select 0);

Is GL4 SFX edition compatible with OA?

Thanks for your reply SNKMAN

It seems I haven’t explored GL4 to its fullest :)

As I understand from the readme, the HC helicopter feature enables you to request an AI helicopter to the player, and provide all the options needed for managing that chopper, which works beautifully btw.

However, as close as it is, it seems not exactly what I was aiming for. Maybe I overlook something.

Is it possible as a squadleader, to order your own infantry in an empty chopper as pilot & cargo, and have on the pilot the same options available, as with an AI helicopter with the HC helicopter feature?

@Sig

Yes it is.

@Birdseye

It seems I haven’t explored GL4 to its fullest

Yes really look's like. :)

Is it possible as a squadleader, to order your own infantry in an empty chopper as pilot & cargo, and have on the pilot the same options available, as with an AI helicopter with the HC helicopter feature?

Yes that's a different system.

No sorry so far only helicopters which do already have a A.I. pilot are supported.

May i will add this for any of the next versions. ;)

It will be a very useful enhancement, Great you consider it to implement in GL4!

I think I found a bug with OA.

I often have this error message :

Size: "section/" not an array

Usually when explosion occurs but not always.

@aeggwards1

Really?

Well the "Spawn" feature can be used with a trigger.

Please have a look here:

Thanks SNKMAN, I had seen that. What I was trying to do was the last option, spawning random groups and classes. In the readme it says I have to define the groups in GL4_Global.sqf but I couldn't see where. Sorry for the confusion.

@NikoTeen

Which other mod's do you use?

I never ever had this error message.

Anyway thanks for reporting. :)

@aeggwards1

In the readme it says I have to define the groups in GL4_Global.sqf but I couldn't see where. Sorry for the confusion.

Hmm... Yeah i guess the mistake is on my side... :o

I was working on a new version of the "Spawn" feature where user could define their unit types in the "GL4_Global.sqf" and then Group Link 4 would spawn the given units at the given location but i never finished it and switched back to the old one...

Look's like this part of the "Feature.pdf" already was finished. :D

So sorry my fault...

@Hptm.Steiner

Right. :o

Damn it i simply don't find the right time/point to release the next version...

DAC still waits for GL4 :D

now that'd be a combination taht'd be awesome crazy. but SNKMAN reading your post of course Real life/time is your own and best spent on non pc stuff.

Group Link 4 Work In Progress Videos:

--------------------------------------------

- Dynamically Combat System:

The "Dynamically Combat System" is based on F.S.M. which is a basic "React To Danger" F.S.M. from B.I.S.

The modified F.S.M. ( Dynamically Combat System ) of Group Link 4 allow enemy A.I. to react way faster and much more tactically to danger events.

Enemy A.I. will dynamically search for cover, cover others while advancing or moving to cover and suppress their targets.

Note: In this video i use "this allowDamage False" in the init of my unit to make it invincible.

This video only is a demonstration about how enemy A.I. will behave in combat while using the Dynamically Combat System.

bbsR9q_QZiQ

Not much can be added other than this just adds so much more to what is already the dogs nuts :) :yay:

They do react faster I notice that and again going by the reaction times it would be game over without tactics used super fast.

Could you possibly have a video from the AI's perspective using the camera.sqs with AI friendly firing? Its just to watch them flank its hard to get a good look at consistent movements with all the taking fire shudder and zooming.

Edited by mrcash2009

Well i'm sorry, but i suck with the camera.sqs... :p

I have made a little video showing how a A.I. vs A.I. fight look's like by using the "Dynamically Combat System".

- A.I. vs A.I. ( D.C.S. )

qbKxsefL41Y

Wow this is great stuffs. Will the AI take cover inside buildings?

No not so far.

Currently i'm working on the combat behaviours in the open only.

Well but i'm sure i will find some nice tweak to enhance the general A.I. combat behaviours in town's too.

Ah yes that clearer :)

Yes a lot more steady movement, looks like its more controlled movement in bunches too. Good for longer firefights that's for sure.

Will be nice to use this on the Flashpoint missions and watch it all unfold.