Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Eagle Wing (Spoiler alert!)

I thought it was a great mini-campaign. I had some bad frame rates in parts but I don't have a great computer so I am not shocked.

I didn't like how the player was in the Navy though since the Navy doesn't use Apaches. I just pretended like I didn't hear that though and thought that maybe it was left in from when you had the Comanche.

My ending worked out fine. I didn't draw the shortest straw. That poor sniper had to stay behind. I was hoping for more though.

I thought the voice acting was good. The gunner's was a bit iffy at times but I did have some sort of emotional attachment to him because I felt bad when he died.

I didn't run into any bugs but I wish you would've made one of the spetsz be a medic. I got hit somewhere around the dock and trying to snipe those guys while defending the boat was hell.

Overall, I think you did a great job and I loved it.

Actually, the machine-gunner is also medic. Just call "injured" and he'll come help you.

As fair I know, it's not said you're Navy - that's why you're flying over ships, not starting on one of them. But you're right, original Comanche pilot was Navy.

And thanks for positive review.

Dear Gaia, Thanks for EW! Its a dream come true. I remember posting here a request for an air campaign and EW was the answer. :) Jesus Christ, I jizzed my pants on how the night turned nuclear! The fallout and nuclear wind and the whole atmosphere is extremely immersive! And the twist of the story was awesome! I mean, after destroying that general's helo, I was thinking " yaya, now move on to the next objective, take out a couple of tanks like I just did, RTB and then ready for more convoy shooting or scouting" and then suddenly, this hurried call for retreat and the nuclear thing, its like WOW! (not referring to world of warcraft... WOW as in WOW!)

I am wondering if you would be doing other air campaigns involving a greater variety of air vehicles and perhaps using some of the mando surface to air defense systems?

Edited by jasonnoguchi

The GPS with the satellite image over the runway... image in image no?

Given the framerate it updates at, I wouldn't be surprised if you opened the mission and found a series of paa's which match it.

(Meaning its a clever resource, not render-to-texture. Fairly sure BI would have made a bigger fuss about adding something like that...)

Given the framerate it updates at, I wouldn't be surprised if you opened the mission and found a series of paa's which match it.

I think your right there sir. Oh well - i can dream. :)

And Thank you Gaia for an excellent mini campaign! Superb feeling and it worked right through for me. :) No trigger mess-ups or other sad things hehe. I loved to run around after the nuke went off. Especially when the CDF shot at me. It was like no one trusted anyone and everyone wanted ammo/weapon/food for themselves. :D

Great mission. Hope you help out or make the OA campaign!

Thank you.

Alex

Does anyone know how the hell did they manage to create this amazing lighting? After the "you know what" went off the sky took an amazing shade... Is this in the editor or something?

It is a script. If you search the forum for "wetEffect" for example i think youll find it. :)

You can make the screen look like you just dropped LSD. You can add blur at any given time or place etc. Very very cool.

Same with rolling fog and snow! Its there but needs script (Init.sqf) to start it.

But how did Gaia rumble the screen and player plus adding the vinjettering (swedish lol. Dont know the name in english), the darker edges of the screen? Awesome. Also the dirt kicking up on the screen when bullets hit the ground in front of you(?) wich fade away slowly. Crazy and cool :)

EDIT: The campaign made AA2 feel like another game, but still ARMA. Very professional. Game reviewers should praise it very soon - or i'll twist their heads off. :D

Edited by Alex72

It is a script. If you search the forum for "wetEffect" for example i think youll find it. :)

Thanks dude. Although I think these elements should be added to the editor... maybe have a dropdown list in the weather effects window? I love ambient colors.

If you have Namalsk island youll find color modules Sumrak made that you can just plop out. ;) So BIS could make some different "feels" and effects for us to toy with - module style.

Thanks dude. Although I think these elements should be added to the editor... maybe have a dropdown list in the weather effects window? I love ambient colors.

BIS added several of those effects to the editor as modules you can just place in the map, among those: Effect: Film Grain, Movie Day, Movie Night, Sepia.

I fired 8 sidewinders with a frontal active lock on one of the frogfoots taking off from the airfield and NONE of them hit... what did I do wrong? :( I kept frontal lock on tracking just to make sure even though it should not be necessary but it still won't hit :(

But I dissliked the voice acting... But heck, this was for free, and I got to fly a well made helicopter mission, WITH free-track! :D

I love you Bohemia

BIS added several of those effects to the editor as modules you can just place in the map, among those: Effect: Film Grain, Movie Day, Movie Night, Sepia.

Well I'll be damned!

There is plenty more in this editor than what is apparent! And I've been playing with it since Operation Flashpoint!

Excellent mission/mini-campaign, loved it. AI suppressed a lot in the final battle, it was very tense

although seeing friendlies get hit by countless bullets without any injury was a bit disruptive

Got some minor issues while playing (some config error regarding magazines when trying to take an AK for the first time - no mods loaded - and me killing a key character at the end of the game)

I thought he ordered the others to kill me instead, so I killed the Russian leader... since the other squaddies went for a swim for some reason, there was noone else to kill me, so nothing else happened

One Question

At the harbour, when the russian says "Kill the American", does he mean me, or the Guy in the Boat? I thoght that he means me, so I killed some of the Spetznatz and ran to the boat and jumped in. The American and I drove off with it, After that I was stuck in a cutscene where the russian Officer and the Machinegunner are standing somewhere in the Forest with the Camera attached to the officer. Hd to -Endmission- it at that point, and than suddenly a cutscene appeared where the spetznatz drove off with the Boat. So I´m a bit confused

Can't get in the truck at Yelec, the vehicle is locked. Even if I use the debug mod/console to unlock the vehicle, nothing happens when I get in... and if I drive off, I get placed in that static machine gun. Can't seem to find the issue :(

What solutions did others use?

One Question

At the harbour, when the russian says "Kill the American", does he mean me, or the Guy in the Boat? I thoght that he means me, so I killed some of the Spetznatz and ran to the boat and jumped in. The American and I drove off with it, After that I was stuck in a cutscene where the russian Officer and the Machinegunner are standing somewhere in the Forest with the Camera attached to the officer. Hd to -Endmission- it at that point, and than suddenly a cutscene appeared where the spetznatz drove off with the Boat. So I´m a bit confused

He refers to the guy in the boat, as he doesnt knows where the shelter is, but anyway, i got the ending where the co-pilot gets the shortest matches and he shoots at me, it would be nice a 2nd part with that ending, in like where you were dragged by the russians at the boat and wake up in Utes or something like that

@JamesF1: Happened quite a lot to me, i had to keep reloading savegames until i managed to get in. Make sure not to use any mods tho, as they may screw up your savegme.

Thanks, but I've reloaded a bunch of times with no luck. :( Not running any mods (except for when I launched with the debug console to try that route out).

Edit:

Just went back a good chunk, and completed. What an excellent, but unfortunately short, campaign!

Edited by JamesF1

Can't get in the truck at Yelec, the vehicle is locked. Even if I use the debug mod/console to unlock the vehicle, nothing happens when I get in... and if I drive off, I get placed in that static machine gun. Can't seem to find the issue :(

What solutions did others use?

Was your health 100%? I also initially was stuck w/o a board option, but I picked up on advice earlier in this thread. You need to heal yourself (via medic-machinegunner). The catch is that you need to get him to heal you BEFORE the SL gives the order for you to get in the truck. I luckily had a handy save during the last trek.

BTW, he won't heal you on your first call. You need to pester him up-close and he'll eventually flip you over and stuff gauze in your holes. :eek:

Also, for those who haven't found it:

Easter Egg.

When in Balota, work your way to a shed in the SE part of town(note the red circle). What a heart-sink given the 'atmosphere.'

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=451

Was your health 100%? I also initially was stuck w/o a board option, but I picked up on advice earlier in this thread. You need to heal yourself (via medic-machinegunner). The catch is that you need to get him to heal you BEFORE the SL gives the order for you to get in the truck. I luckily had a handy save during the last trek.

BTW, he won't heal you on your first call. You need to pester him up-close and he'll eventually flip you over and stuff gauze in your holes. :eek:

Also, for those who haven't found it:

Easter Egg.

When in Balota, work your way to a shed in the SE part of town(note the red circle). What a heart-sink given the 'atmosphere.'

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=451

Was that where the baby was crying?

BIS, MAKE MORE!

Was that where the baby was crying?

BIS, MAKE MORE!

Yes, that's the bit. On further thought, what I first called an easter egg may not fit the def'n, because that little element in Berezino adds directly to the immersion level, ethical reflection on the scenario, etc. If I'd found a graffiti tag with mission maker names, that's more in line with an easter egg. Perhaps instead chalk this bit up to a dark, clever, addition to the mission.

BTW,

It will go away if you blow it up. End the suffering, sort-of.

One Question

How did you manage to kill spetsnaz guy? For me they are invincible, emptied entire clip and spetsnaz guy just turned around and shot me

Not all of them. Some where immortal, but the Pilot for example could be shot

as someone said before, this campaigns gives the feels (in terms of immersion) of OFP campaigns :) (the only official stuff so far since ofp and it's addons which give me this kind of impression :))

make more of those immersive missions ! :)