Sign in to follow this  
cleggy

FV432 British APC (WIP me)

Why walk into danger when, for just 3000 credits paid into my swiss bank account, you can ride? this baby's semi functional multi-fuel engine has a top speed, which, while not fast enough to keep up with the rest of the battlegroup, will ensure your NEVER the first into combat!

interested? pre-order now for 2010 delivery!

terms and conditions apply. Your home may be at risk if I'm not spending your money on cocaine and dancing girls by the new year.

FV432.jpg[/img]

I think tea and biscuits would be more appropriate. Looks good Cleggy! :D

Chieftains Mr CBFASI? I had one of them trundling around in OFP! (kept breaking down...)

Here's a rubbish picture.

chieftain.jpg

Anyhow, thanks for the replies. Anyone think I should loose the side skirts on the 432?

Can't make up my mind.

Anyhow, thanks for the replies. Anyone think I should loose the side skirts on the 432?

Can't make up my mind.

Me! 10 chars

Can't make up my mind.

most of the 432s we had in germany had no side skirts only some of the ones from BHQ had

Personally drop the side skirts, never seen one with them fitted.

As for the Chieftan, the only good ones were the good old AVLB and CHAVRE, plenty of down time for fixing :)

Just a quarterly update for those who yearn for the Best of British 1960's technology:D

struggled with O2

struggled with the UV editor

struggled with the config

(really) struggled with GIMP

this is where I'm at...

432_01.jpg[/img]

Looking good, I remember driving one of these on an Army "Look at Life" experience week during the mid 90's, up at what used to be RAF Catterick.

Good times.

Looking very nice there! Any chance of a green and black camo version?

Looking really nice, mate. Good luck with completing this!

really cool model looking forward too try it :)

Like the bumpy metal look!!! Get the bugger dirty!!!

:D

Yeah, bin the sideskirts, and bolt some old ammo boxes onto the steering box cover, and make the mortar hatches difficult to close, oh and every time you get in and out you should suffer some sort of minor head injury on something sharp and pointy. And a pack lift every 25 miles would make it very authentic!!

At least thats how it was with my crappy recce wagon :(

Also make the paint 3 inches thick!! And only one headlight working after 15 minutes of leaving camp, and a slight constant pull to the left or right. And put some plastic cups in the smoke dischargers!

But really, your model looks awesome mate, and brings back some great memories (admittedly most of the memories are of having a laugh with REME fitters while the pack comes out again...)

Brian :)

I can give you close up hi res pictures... wanna know how... my mates got one in his back garden... pm if you want them, will get them monday (got a mil sim on his land)

Thanks for the interest, chaps. Nice to here from people who have actually seen/touched/driven one of these old buckets.

Truth is I'm sick of looking at this model and needed someone else to give it the once over to see if I'm moving in the right direction.

Anyhow 'features' I've got working:

smoke launchers fire towards the front not in direction of the turret.

damage textures and hidden bits on destruction.

random numbers and hidden selections to give a bit of variety.

enemy infantry will engage you with small arms.

also toyed with this idea:

multi.jpg

Although the bloke in the back is using my gimpy proxy I have managed to get him to fire an M16 , so potentially an SA80. Though that might be fun - is this worth carrying on with?

It would be good to have 2 or three blokes firing out the mortar hatch with rifles or minimi, but i'm not sure if firing out of vehicles in arma 2 can be done. Anyone know the answer?

It can certainly be faked.

Very much looking forward to this! I'm not sure how much use these get these days, but it'd be cool to see a range of systems once you get the base unit fully functional.

Last time I used the 432 was way back in 2005, I think they are still in use.

lol

This is not just a proxy in O2 - I've actually got the bod in the back to fire small arms ingame, so yes it can be done - with three weeks of tweaking the config!

Edited by cleggy

Evolution Sahrani UK - ready to receive.

We have: Chenowth dune buggies, wmiks, 6x6 landies, chinooks, lynx, brit desert (army) and woodland (sas), UKF weapons including FFAA FN-Fal (for pre 1990 ex squaddies), F4, F16, A10, apache and harriers... really need some nice brit armour to replace the M113 and bradleys...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1604135

Edited by eggbeast