Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

something for personal amusement...

2-8.jpg

5-6.jpg

Edited by ARM2CAT

Mortars in work right now. Lots of fun testing! thx Aqu, maybe he can make a video clip of them.

Looking forward to this mod. WW2 is the optimal combat environment, agreed! depeche mode has only one decent song...strange love, that's it!

for the mortats ACE 2 has some very useful functions too. i guess its a static weapon like the Flak 88 so you cant carry it.

for the ww2 warfare mission not really useful.

oh and btw, hows the AI handling the mortars?

It is the US 60mm M2 mortar. Comes with HE, smoke/WP and illumination rounds. Max range is c 1800m (HE), but most useful it is in visual range unless you have a human spotter to tell where the rounds land. The rounds are deadlier than hand granades and are good against infantry and soft vehicles.

The weapon is portable. When packed it is transported in two parts (the barrel plus the legs and the base plate). The ammunition can be carried by infantry too. In the editor you can place it as a static (deployed) weapon or as a infantry man carrying the mortar. They are identical except the other is in the packed mode and the other is already in the deployed form. It can be deployed and undeployed fast so it can move behind the attacking force and give support if heavy resistance is faced.

for the mortats ACE 2 has some very useful functions too. i guess its a static weapon like the Flak 88 so you cant carry it.

for the ww2 warfare mission not really useful.

oh and btw, hows the AI handling the mortars?

I

The weapon is portable. When packed it is transported in two parts (the barrel plus the legs and the base plate). The ammunition can be carried by infantry too. In the editor you can place it as a static (deployed) weapon or as a infantry man carrying the mortar.

Great anims, very useful for WW2 troops. I think you would also make such portable animation for heavy machine gun?

I will put up some more info on the tanks and halftracks soon.

But as this mod uses half of my Towards Berlin mod (German) i will also throw in the rest of it.

Wich means you will not only have the west front but also the east one.

More info about this later.

Preview

The mortar aqu made is awesome, I'm not sure about ai function with it. I suppose with some scripting anything is possible.

Troc, Your work is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to get it in the mod.

In our mod we feature some weapons which you might expect to be static but can be moved. Such as the flak36, m101 howitzer, pak38, bofors & a few others. They were designed that way so infantry could move them or they could be towed.

On my end of things, I'm currently sorting through arma2 and arma1 foilage & vegetation and putting it on the map and loading it into the game to see what can be used for this mod. As you know arma2 contains a lot of autumn stuff.

I'm experimenting with clutter heights, sizes & types to see what will work best. Again, this is going to be a sand box type map for multiplayer and ai. All the custom objects we create and the arma1 plants/trees/bushes we bring along will be available in the editor so people can place them where they wish afterwards. I'm also testing the custom hedgerows to see how ai will use them.

I've elected to keep all the beach obstacles off the beaches so people can place them where they wish, same goes for the bunkers unless I get input otherwise. It's just a ton of work and time it takes to put them in. So speak now or forever hold your peace.

I want to have the trenches be dynamic so people can create defensive positions where they wish.

Sounds groovy Rip. So if I understand correctly the bunkers will be available in the editor for placement?

Sounds groovy Rip. So if I understand correctly the bunkers will be available in the editor for placement?

Yeah everything right down to the last bullet, bush, bomb, & bunker will be in the editor.

We want to give mission creators the ability to have a vast array of objects to use to create a more immersive style of gameplay, especially for WW2.

I would like one beach (Not sure where, just anywhere I guess) that would already have hedgehogs ?mines? bunkers MG emplacements, trenches, etc. Not necessarily a BIG beach but something that we could use straight out of the box.

you are doing a great job!

i think it is too difficult and circumstantial to create bunker systems at the beaches with the arma editor. it would be better if that all was already placed there. like you did it with the point du hoc. it just looks better i think. btw, will the bunkers have already static MG42's in them?

and great you made some static weapons moveable!

Inside work: subs: type vii/c u-boat:

Image.jpg

Image2.jpg

Here's a look at the map we are working on for the mod: 153,600 meters or 95.4426151 miles squared. 9,109.29278 square miles to fight on OR 23,592,960,000 square meters to play on. If that's not enough room for V-1 rockets, extended bombing runs, sea battles, then I don't know what. =)

x.png

Edited by Rip31st

sdkfz222,234's with more types on the way:

sdkfz234_wip1.jpg

sdkfz222_wip2.jpg

Here's a look at the map we are working on for the mod: 153,600 meters or 95.4426151 miles squared. 9,109.29278 square miles to fight on OR 23,592,960,000 square meters to play on. If that's not enough room for V-1 rockets, extended bombing runs, sea battles, then I don't know what. =)

[iM]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/wa_roush/x.png[/img]

What's the gridsize of that mammoth?

i dont think so. the map was already released for arma 1.

now he improoved it much more! and many many new vehicles, planes and stuff added.

maybe you should just come to a point and release the mod. you dont have to do everything at once. after its been released you can still update it ;)

just a conversion of the old mod would already be awesome!

just a conversion of the old mod would already be awesome!

Yes, definitely!

There are still no WW2 infantry units around for ArmA2. Please give all the mission makers something to start with :bounce3:

Thanks in advance :)

A.

Some pics of the amercian Shermans.

Allthough the crew here is russian this will change, only thing missing is the mg for the commander and loaderI am still working on those.

There will be ones with the hvss suspension also but they are also in workshop right now.

Future plans for the allied is the M10, m5 stuart and some m3 halftracks, and yes there will be british ones also.

Wich ones will be suprise for now.

sherm.jpg

sherm1.jpg

sherm2.jpg

to big

Also to big

Edited by T_Roc

Those are some nice lookin tanks T Roc.

Did you just port over all your stuff from OFP or did you start from scratch again?

Those tanks from OFP caused hours of lost sleep.