Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

But I'm afraid such powerful Hitler's rockets seem to have no chance to hit something in ARMA2. Would we use a V-rocket to attack several infantry men or tanks in the map?

V2 rockets were notoriously innacurate, if you do use an artillery module I believe it would be best to lower all artillery accuracy as a whole. Seeing as 60% of DDay troops were British and Canadian will we be seeing some different infantry skins as opposed to just American?

Looking forward to this mod very much!

Do you know If you're going to make it compatible with ACE2 yet?

Are you thinking of adding custom made civilians/resistance to fit in with the Normandy setting, where they would have been most active.

What items from the ACE mod do you desire in this one? Remember this is WW2, not modern day. List what you want and I will see what I can do.

Do you know If you're going to make it compatible with ACE2 yet?

Are you thinking of adding custom made civilians/resistance to fit in with the Normandy setting, where they would have been most active.

I believe one of the guys working on infantry also has a set of civi's but I could be wrong. I will let you know.

But I'm afraid such powerful Hitler's rockets seem to have no chance to hit something in ARMA2. Would we use a V-rocket to attack several infantry men or tanks in the map?

I'm not sure about the whole V-rocket story of WW2. But I can imagine it caused fear, and that was probably it's main use I imagine. Let's see how it works out.

V2 rockets were notoriously innacurate, if you do use an artillery module I believe it would be best to lower all artillery accuracy as a whole. Seeing as 60% of DDay troops were British and Canadian will we be seeing some different infantry skins as opposed to just American?

Looking forward to this mod very much!

I know for a fact that we can make these rockets hit with inaccuracy- we can add that variable easy.

Edited by Rip31st

Backpack System

Backblast

Blood Trails

Craters

Combat-related Deafness

Crew Protection

Crew Served Weapons

Tear Gas with a lethal German version perhaps?

Overheating

Overpressure

ACE Sandbags

Shotgun Ammunition (Trench Guns anyone?)

Sight Adjustment (on a sniper rifle etc.)

Weapon bipods

Weapon jamming

Wind Deflection

Wounding system

Those are the features from ACE2 that (IMO) could work with the WW2 theme. As much as I would like to see aerial refueling. ;)

The thing with unbinning someone elses work is first I have to get permission. And then with the ace stuff, it's a LOT of data entry adding classes to the configs - very time consuming.

Tear Gas with a lethal German version perhaps?
There was no toxic gas use on the battlefields of WW2.

There was no toxic gas use on the battlefields of WW2.

Who says you have to play this mod historically? I'm putting this out there so people can do with it as they wish.

What items from the ACE mod do you desire in this one? Remember this is WW2, not modern day. List what you want and I will see what I can do.

Yeah I should have made myself a little more clear I suppose. Obviously I don't care about the units from ACE, but ACE has a lot more included in it than just units.

-The AI is seriously revamped, units no longer just charge head on into enemy fire, they will flank and do their best not to die.

-More importantly the accuracy of the AI is decreased so it is finally realistic, no more 100% pistol headshots from 500 meters away, you can actually plan your attack while under fire without the knowledge that it's only a matter of seconds before the opponent's many national rifle champions takes you out in one shot.

Please consider ACE2, it's well worth it.

Yeah I should have made myself a little more clear I suppose. Obviously I don't care about the units from ACE, but ACE has a lot more included in it than just units.

-The AI is seriously revamped, units no longer just charge head on into enemy fire, they will flank and do their best not to die.

-More importantly the accuracy of the AI is decreased so it is finally realistic, no more 100% pistol headshots from 500 meters away, you can actually plan your attack while under fire without the knowledge that it's only a matter of seconds before the opponent's many national rifle champions takes you out in one shot.

Please consider ACE2, it's well worth it.

I will consider it. Like nothing more then to have what people desire.

Who says you have to play this mod historically?
How about a Leopard 2? :rolleyes:

This mod with Hurtgenwald is going to be fantastic. (Yes I know it will have it's own map of Europe but for a smaller scale battle Huertgen is amazing.)

A couple of screens I had.

Can't tell you anymore about the german infantry because they are not done yet they are just some basic models and textures so far they are nowhere near finished.

<images removed until permission is given>

Please note that anything but the infantry models has anything to do with the mod, weapons and vehicles are from I44 wich I ported for personal use...

Edited by W0lle

sorry missed your question there.. ofcourse you'll also be able to use it as singleplayer

Thread closed and images removed until the Invasion 1944 team gave permission to use/convert their models.

When these new community people finally will learn that just because something has been released it means not everyone can do with it whatever he wants?

Edited by W0lle

Sorry about that everyone didn't realize I needed permission to show screenshots of portet addons my bad.. here's some new ones this time my work only..

43019284.jpg

About the details of the germans, if this look is unique to a certain group let me know and we are one step further.. I just made it from a picture I found and I never find time to research it further..

sc2x.jpg

Those look great. They will look awesome configured with the 31st weapons.

looks nice. i hope there will be the field-gray units too. they look better than the camouflaged ones from the waffen ss.

I played ace today and i v noticed they have implemented round parachutes, it may interest your ww2 mod which didnt have round parachutes on arma 1.

Great units canis.

thanks..

I have some in field-grey aswell but its not very good yet still needs some work but they will be in the mod no worries...

thanks..

I have some in field-grey aswell but its not very good yet still needs some work but they will be in the mod no worries...

ok good. are that these ones that were in the arma 1 version of the mod?