Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

If you noticed, I was not complaining about it, was putting things into perspective for those who may not realize how heavy a kilo is. Nor did I say you would pass out after doing that in real life, nor did I say you could not do it in the game with ACE, cause you can. Think you read the wrong post.

No, I read the right post. I didn't say you said any of that, but your example of running with sack of cement mix strapped to you doesn't properly illustrate the concepts of wearing armor, and all the crap an infantryman may carry. I think you took what I wrote wrong.

I can't get any of the goggles/glasses/balaclava etc. items to work. I have copied over my profile info into the cfg in the ACE folder like the FAQ said and added a name part yet I can't get the items to become usable. It says the action menu, that is when you click or scroll the middle mouse wheel right? Or is it the left windows button binding, because I can't get that to do anything either. Any help?

Sounds like you are doing what I mistakingly did as well. You don't edit anything in the @ACE folder, instead look for a userconfig folder in your ARMA directory path like.....arma2/usrconfig. You will find the actual config your supposed to edit there.

Your concept is flawed. The weight of said items is distributed, not just one central location. Modern body armor distributes the wieght between the shoulders, and the hips, allowing to carry heavier loads. Add ammunition to the front of your vest, and other various equipment. Then put an assault pack on your back. The two balance each other out. The body can perform longer with the weight distributed throughout the body. I have run 100 meters with all this crap on, tired? Yea, a bit. Gunna pass out? I think not.

It takes quite a bit of running before you get to the point of passing out. Take it how you will, I don't have any real complaints about the system in use.

Most of the heavy equipment would be in the rucksack, not a little assault pack. I don't think anyone could actually sprint very far with all of that on. But that is why people should be setting up ruck areas or ruck plans. There is no point in carrying a ruck on domination where there is no teamwork, though.

If you are limiting yourself to playing domination with ace only, then you aren't realizing the full potential of ACE.

There are realism units who will be doing ruck plans.

7th Cavalry will be one of them.

ok i had to do a fresh install on arma 2 and gone to add ace mod again (now i lost count how many time reading the guide and installing six update(and uninstalled it and reinstalled it) got to the part where update get the file after clicking excute on main page and nothing keep getting the same thing no 3rd dos window? and i gone and left the pc alone for a while and still nothing!........... oh i forgot i got the "found config found action" but like i tried to say nothing after tht

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

ok i had to do a fresh install on arma 2 and gone to add ace mod again (now i lost count how many time reading the guide and installing six update(and uninstalled it and reinstalled it) got to the part where update get the file after clicking excute on main page and nothing keep getting the same thing no 3rd dos window? and i gone and left the pc alone for a while and still nothing!........... oh i forgot i got the "found config found action" but like i tried to say nothing after tht

Hey mate thanks for report, please check the so called Lazy Way

If you still have problems, please ticket it, and we'll get through it :)

oh no probably not related to ACE but still I was playing a missoin cipher for maybe 1.30mins and i was doing very very well (for a change) and i was filling the jeep up with gear as to not have to carry it and it worked very well.

any who i got to near the suite case and encounterd lots of enemy so i was shooting at em from a far wit dmr then when i got a little closer swung me ak 47 of me shoulder and had a go with that.

well i got hit no biggy i backed off and spotted a option to use medkit ummm ACE must be dident see it there befor so i healed when it got to 100% me game froze wouldent do any thing i had to control,alt,delete out of game and here i am now :(.

i am well gutted.

any way im here to ask is there some sort of crash file that may be of use to u if so where do i find it :)

p.s allso i read some where about AI warping when they got out of a vehicle i did see this alot i shot the rotor out of the chopper when it landed the pilot was lagging like mad all so i shot a jeep with AI in it when they got out they all so warped.

this prob was here in arma 1 when trying to snipe from afar with a scope and this was the biggest killer for me as im allways a sniper.

Edited by stk2008

Hey mate thanks for report, please check the so called Lazy Way

If you still have problems, please ticket it, and we'll get through it :)

ok will give tht a go, thank for the feed back

ok tht worked, so dose tht work with the rest of the mods in the list or do i have to edit it in the yml file

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

is there anyway to get fast ropeing to work in multiplayer? or do you have to patch that in?

For Handy:

Thar we goes... as requested!

Updater and Web Client - Enhancements

Everybody ready for A.C.E Patch Thyme, tomorrow, Wednesday, 18:00 GMT? :p

ok will give tht a go, thank for the feed back

ok tht worked, so dose tht work with the rest of the mods in the list or do i have to edit it in the yml file

NP, glad that worked out for you.

Incase you have no mods/servers available in your web-client, please make sure the synchronization credentials are left empty, on the Configuration Page.

Then click synchronize, a list should appear after a while (while improve that soon :p), and you should be able to attach mods to your favorite preset.

if you then execute Install or Update action, all should be well.

If still issues, please create a ticket and we will take it from there!

For Handy:

NP, glad that worked out for you.

Incase you have no mods/servers available in your web-client, please make sure the synchronization credentials are left empty, on the Configuration Page.

Then click synchronize, a list should appear after a while (while improve that soon :p), and you should be able to attach mods to your favorite preset.

if you then execute Install or Update action, all should be well.

If still issues, please create a ticket and we will take it from there!

ok thts fantastic, i just happy to have to main mod back, thanks again:yay::yay::yay:

I know its been posted somewhere in all these pages, several times, but cant locate one....can someone pls post a link to any info on the ACE2 modules to use in the editor?

Thanks

Hi, I'd appreciate help with a gameplay issue that only crops up in MP mode and with ACE2 running. I have latest game beta and ACE2 updates installed. Problem - at start of Manhatten in the initial landing cut-scene, the plane/helo dives and crashes into the hill top trees when coming into land. It does this every time - but not if ACE is not running. My mate who I play MP with over the net has the same issue if he hosts instead of me.

Sickboy i seem to be having a problem with using the interaction menu i have a right windows key and ive checked my keys.hpp its binded to the right windows key as far as i can tell but it never seems to work but the player around me can use it,

should i just change it to a differnt bind key or what?

Great mod. One quick question:) What would I put in the init line to force the AI to wear the gasmask, goggles etc.,.?

After reading through, I am here to ask if anyone else is having an issue with their six-updater.

I've helped a few people to set it up, it goes through, updates, but when they launch their game, it's showing up that they are running 0.1.186. They re-run the updater, but it's saying current version 187 and doesn't update anything. Have I set them up wrong (I used the exact same instructions that I used and mine works fine) or is it an issue with something else?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now, they needed to execute their shortcuts as administrators, as soon as they did that, it showed the correct version number.

Regards,

A Austin.

Edited by Austin15thMEU
Update on problem.

I had added the VFTCAS (Terrain Collision Avoidance System) addon. Do I need it or not because I noticed a Module in ACE2 called Helicopter Crash Avoidance. Is that the same thing? and if so do I just place it on map and do I have to synch it to anything?

Sorry hate to add to the questions and although not recommended in your ACE2 Features Document I have a mission I need to configure an AI Plane to drop a Nuke? How do I do that? Will this work in a waypoint?

// by Xeno

_plane = _this select 0;

if !(local server) exitWith{};

//_vel = velocity _plane;

_dir = direction _plane;

for [{_n = 0},{_n <= 4},{_n = _n+1}] do {

_bomb = "B61?????" createVehicle [(getpos _plane select 0), (getpos _plane select 1), (getpos _plane select 2)];

_bomb setDir _dir;

// _bomb setVelocity _vel;

sleep 0.4;

};

Thanks

Sorry hate to add to the questions and although not recommended in your ACE2 Features Document I have a mission I need to configure an AI Plane to drop a Nuke? How do I do that? Will this work in a waypoint?

Thanks

Not going to answer that.

I wrote that it's not recommended. A human can drop the B61 very reliably. The BI AI is unreliable. It will either miss the target or get itself killed.

Until that AI can be programmed in a way that gets it's act together I will not discuss a technique doomed to fail.

Yes, that script will work, but will infact create 4 bombs I think.

ACE_B61_50 is the class name you're looking for, for the big nuke.

And maybe these, not so sure, these are educated guesses:

ACE_B61_15

ACE_B61_03

nuke.sqs

_plane = _this select 0

_vel = velocity _plane
_dir = direction _plane

_bomb = "ACE_B61_50" createVehicle [(getpos _plane select 0), (getpos _plane select 1), (getpos _plane select 2)-10]
_bomb setDir _dir

;Bomb velocity not set for this easy script to give accurate bomb drop
;_bomb setVelocity _vel

name the plane.

Then create a big trigger or whatever, group it to the plane and use:

[planeName] exec "nuke.sqs"

use flyinheight and/or forcespeed to avoid getting the plane blown up.

Many ways of which you could activate the script and alter the path of the bomb so that it lands more accurately.

Edited by Dead3yez