Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Do you have the @acex one as well?

hi no i dont yet i thought it was optanal any ways?.

Check your userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp and comment out #define ACE_NOVOICE

Oh thanks, i am officially blind, because it works the same way as in your previous releases. I swear i checked the config but it wasnt there :P now that you replied it magically showd up, sorry for wastig your time, you guys seem to be pretty busy today :)

* First Run:

1. Install the updater.

2. Download any 7z base files for the mods you want (like ACE/X) and place them in the updater folder (default is c:\program files\six-updater\).

3. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

i tried like this but still not working. cant open the browser.

* First Run:

1. Install the updater.

2. Download any 7z base files for the mods you want (like ACE/X) and place them in the updater folder (default is c:\program files\six-updater\).

3. Start the updater and select item 1 and press enter, this will open a web interface after a few seconds. If not browse to http://localhost:16333

Note to Vista/7 UAC users: Please run the application "As Administrator" (Right click)

i tried like this but still not working. cant open the browser.

Did you watch the video? Does your progression follow that untill where the browser window should open?

Whats your "start in" line of the shortcut? it should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\"

Start is in : "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2"

My 2 cents are that this mod pack should have been put as one simple .7zip file all packed up along with a simple readme file that tells you whether you need to move the user config files anywhere else and what order you need to have the folders loaded in your desktop icon launch properties. THEN...after that, Yomma's ArmA Addon Sync 2009 should have been used once several servers were established to distribute updates to the pack. Yomma's Addon Sync 2009 program is very easy to use as long as the servers with the updated files are setup properly.

That would have avoided what has been an insanely frustrating experience. You guys are brilliant in what you do, but really ya should have thought out further some of the common sense issues on distributing rather then focusing solely on beta testing and technical issues. The fact of the matter is that EVERY player has been waiting for this beta but not all of us are as technically sophisticated as you guys. So what might have made sense for your team, might be like another language for the average player. For example, I can't even find a simple readme or anything on the Wiki or other links explaining how it should be installed and run. I only found some info on installing it from the SIX updater (I used Yomma's updater instead so those instructions don't help). But that is it. Nothing about the order that the folders must be put in the desktop launch icon If anyone has a link to that info, I'd be massively appreciative.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod

Edited by Miles Teg

For those wanting to disable group-markers globally, you can do so in:

Userconfig\ACE\ACE_Tracking.hpp

Well outstanding work, i will 90% fight during nightime now.

But why did you removed ALL Voices?

Im playing mainly SP.....:(

Treid that,it was binarized,so couln't get the values.

This what you're looking for?

class T90 : Tank {
	displayName = $STR_ACE_VDN_T90;
	fuelCapacity = 1600;
	accuracy = 0.4;	// accuracy needed to recognize type of this target
	brakeDistance = 40;	// vehicle movement precision
	armor = 900;
	damageResistance = 0.00278;
	cost = 4000000;

class HitPoints : HitPoints {
		class HitEngine {
			armor = 0.8;
			material = -1;
			name = "motor";
			passThrough = true;
		};

class HitHull {
			armor = 0.96;
			material = -1;
			name = "telo";
			passThrough = false;
		};

class HitLTrack {
			armor = 0.24;
			material = -1;
			name = "pas_L";
			passThrough = true;
		};

class HitRTrack {
			armor = 0.24;
			material = -1;
			name = "pas_P";
			passThrough = true;
		};
	};
	maxSpeed = 65;	// max speed on level road, km/h
	supplyRadius = 5;
	insideSoundCoef = 0.9;

When you've got the tripod in your inventory, there should be an action menu item called "deploy tripod"

I found out why I wasn't getting the action menu item when I tested it initially: I was using it with a group of BWMod soldiers. It only works if there are proper ACE units, i.e. USMC or US Army in your group. My bad!

I'm having fun mounting M2s on the ATC tower at the airfield and repelling an air-assault with them. The CSWs are great!

One 'bug' i have is some options that ACE added show up in German instead of English.

Not that surprising considering i use a language mod since i'm using the German version. Still, it would be nice if there was a way to make those sentences English as well.

One question though, how do i turn the radio messages back on?

I despise having to read it all or miss out on information if i dont. Vocal feedback is a must to me.

ok i have got past the x/cba error i now get

error compiling pixel shader pstreeadv:0

Did you watch the video? Does your progression follow that untill where the browser window should open?

yea i watched it. i did the same but the browser is still not working.

yea i watched it. i did the same but the browser ist not working.

Does it automatically try to navigate to localhost/16333, or does nothing happen at all?

i found something annoying happend twice today i was playing on Server with 30 people domi ACE and 2times i got Screen tearing and game alt tabbed and when i try alt tab back in it doesnt work when i click i hear gunfire and have to Force it too shut down this happend twice :(

Just managed to put satchel charges on a tractor, driving it into a garage and make it explode :D brilliant :cool:

The no voice option is very useful with AI drivers NOW THEY FINALLY DO WHAT YOU SAY :yay:

EDIT: if you wonder how satchel on vehicle works, put a satchel charge near a vehicle, then aim at the charge himself and a grey german option ( something about xxx.p3d model) will appear, now drive you vehicle anywhere you want, set a timer or touch off the bomb, just wonderful :D now i wait for a warfare mission.. sneak up into enemy base, satchel an enemy vehicle and wait for someone to get in.. boom p

Edited by Uglyboy

One 'bug' i have is some options that ACE added show up in German instead of English.

Not that surprising considering i use a language mod since i'm using the German version. Still, it would be nice if there was a way to make those sentences English as well.

Yea I need it in English instead of German, my German isn't good:D

Hmm, when I start ACE with Alpinestar's ArmA2 Launcher, I get this error;

"Addon 'acex_c_men_usarmy' requires addon 'ace_c_gear'"