Sign in to follow this  
Vandrel

MoH Receipient Can't Fly A Flag

/5char

Edited by Vandrel
phone numbers removed

So he is living in a retirement community in one of the houses? Unfortunately with those estates you never really own the house, just lease it. They have a strict covenant which must be followed. I know its unpatriotic of them but they make the rules and he signed the contract.

Strange that they wont allow him to have a flagpole though. Our retirement villages here in Australia all have flags out the front.

flag poles are not aesthetically appropriate. Short flag stands attached to porches dot the community.

Comunism in America?

Comunism in America?
No. if it was then everybody would HAVE to raise a flag the same way. You would think they would have a "grandfather" clause just for him. But as it was said its not his property...

Usually I'm not into the whole flag-waving patriotism thing, but I still think the dude should be able to do it if he wants to, he's earned it.

It's a piece of coloured fabric, and he's a tough MoH winner, i'm sure he'll get over it.

Wow, talk about disrespect. The guy won a Medal of Honor, and is obviously a Patriot, and you're telling him to remove the flag pole where he flies his countries flag? To me, that sounds utterly pathetic, and it should be those people ordering such a thing who get legal action taken against them. I can't believe people would be so heartless... Wait, actually, I can.

I'm convinced that Home Owner's Associations are staging grounds for the future Nazi takeover backed and financed by the spawn of the devil...true story.

The dude is 90, wait a max of 10 years and the issue will solve itself...let the man continue his tradition. There is a point that the quiet majority of Americans will get sick of all of this nonsense and fight back against stupidity. People who initiate these kinds of orders/complaints just hate life and want other to hate it as much as them..also a true story.

The fall of the US in the future history book of the next world power will be described as:

"The fall of the United States empire began the day a lady sued a fast food restaurant over a hot beverage, Home Owners Associations became the dictatorships of neighborhoods, and the financial bailout of the top 0.1% greediest individuals within the nation"

I, like many others, are truly scared for the future of the country and the decisions being made at the micro (HOA) and the macro (Government) level...something will have to give sooner or later.

It's a piece of coloured fabric, and he's a tough MoH winner, i'm sure he'll get over it.

For some of us, it's more than "a piece of colored fabric".

We do not tolerate the term 'faggots' here, no matter what.

Posts with just 'wtf' or 'ffs' are considered spam. If you have nothing constructive to post, then don't post at all.

Well he signed the contract to join the community, so hes own problem really.

Well he signed the contract to join the community, so hes own problem really.

The contract doesn't ban the flagpole, so it isn't a contractual problem, now is it?

While no contract mentions hes flag, he joined the association and agreed to follow the rulings of it to keep up the standard.

Let him wave the flag!

Free MoH Receipient Johnson!

What? I believe his name is Colonel Van T. Barfoot. Unless I'm missing something. :confused:

Cant he have the pole moved just outside the area? And keep doing what hes doing. A bit harsh taking legal action against that man, but as said there arent supposed to be poles there. Thats the problem.

Again, even though a ridiculous thing to take legal action against... Doesnt people have better things to do.

I think as a compromise, they should institute a rule that says, 'no new flag poles shall be erected', and then they can take that one down or move it or whatever when he kicks the bucket.

Never ever buy a house that forces you to join a homeowners association unless you know damn good and well what you are getting into. It seems like every year there is a story like this where some stiff upper lip having neighbors get miffed over flags or Christmas lights or something of the sort.

When I bought my home the first thing I asked was if I had to join a homeowners covenance before I bought it.

Vandrel

I also removed the phone numbers from your post. These forums are not the right place for such actions.

/5char

Edited by Vandrel

...1 tank disabled...

And a Tiger I tank at that (a "Mark VI tank"). He took on three Tigers with

a 2.36" bazooka!

God forbid this man to have a flag pole in his yard

Looking at that body count, I have to agree. If he got angry he could decimate a SWAT team with it.

/5char

Edited by Vandrel