Sign in to follow this  
rstratton

KA-50 Hokum

DCS Arma2?

I love the detail, in and out..if possible can you tell us or someone send me a PM of the polycount? I' would like to create a helicopter in high detail as well but I need to what the engine would tolerate, given if you go too high it just won't show :( and this looks like it has a high count.

By the way, props to whoever set up the materials, glad to see it not be a shiny bird. :)

alright guys heres an update. found some parts that had the wrong texture. added more armor to it as suggested, rotor blur is being worked on. http://depositfiles.com/files/efhd0i672

the overall triangle count for the external model is about 45k divided up

into 3 parts, one main section with 2 proxied peices. cockpit lod triangle count is about 16-17k.

model uses 3 4096x4096 resolution textures.

Edited by rstratton

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/ka-50.htm

"The helicopter has a number of unique characteristics including single seat to increase combat and flight characteristics and reduce operational costs. It was designed for remote operations, and not to need ground maintenance facilities for 2 weeks. The airframe is 35% composite materials with a structural central 1m 2 keel beam of kevlar/ nomex that protects critical systems and ammunition. The fully armored pilot's cabin can withstand 23-mm gunfire, and the cockpit glass 12.7-mm MG gunfire. The Zvezda K-37-800 pilot ejection system functions at any altitude, and enables a successful ejection at low altitude and maximum speed."

@rstratton

Great work, looking forward on stable release :)

Need some help with icons? If u send me hi-res non-compressed screenshot (png-bmp-like) with untextured model (better with grey background color) and made it with same angle & direction as it was on ka-52 icon, we can easily do it.

but the how realistic is that? surely the inertia would stop it from turning as quickly.

It should turn slower and slower after it reaches certain speeds.

The addon folder that it came in is fubar. You have to make it say @Ka50Hokum (make sure it doesnt have any spaces) and add the "Addons" folder.

Damn, it's a beauty!:inlove: very good job!

@Drew: the KA50 IS NOT shown in editor if you are using CAA Mod. :confused:

;1629559']( also pilots cannot change ammo type in 2A42 30mm gun while flying around :)

uhm what? 2A42 has a dual feed so the ammo type can be changed from HE to AP with a switch of a button.

uhm what? 2A42 has a dual feed so the ammo type can be changed from HE to AP with a switch of a button.

yes it has.

@Drew: the KA50 IS NOT shown in editor if you are using CAA Mod. :confused:

For real? Damn it....

I think the CAA mod has its own KA50, therefore you need to rename it if you are using the KA50 from CAA hence renaming it @KA50Hokum1 or something of the nature...

@Drew: the KA50 IS NOT shown in editor if you are using CAA Mod.
Probably you need to rename class name for this chopper. In config.bin config class name is:

ka50

You should definitely fix the first post to show the download link. :).

I think the CAA mod has its own KA50, therefore you need to rename it if you are using the KA50 from CAA hence renaming it @KA50Hokum1 or something of the nature...

yeah i know, but i only use CAA worlds. I dont use CAA vehicles.

Ahh, well. The class name of the helicopter definitely should be tagged, since we never know how many people will want to make Ka-50s. For exmple rstr_ka50 (OFPEC-tags are limited to 4 characters I think to keep class name length down).

Not the best of practices to change the class name after release, but if it causes such compatability problems there isn't much choice.

Edited by Inkompetent

;1630227']Probably you need to rename class name for this chopper. In config.bin config class name is:

ka50

thanx for the info. changed class names and it works now using CAA Mod.

maybe i could use Rh heli sounds for the KA50. because they are so great.

@RobertHammer...what u think about that?

flying KA50 with standard Mi17 sounds..... this doesn't fit.

i am missing some gunner optics too.

Edited by HELLFREEZA

You can use those my ka52 sounds :) - ka50 have almost same sound as ka52

added RH Kamov sounds. thx to Robert for his great KA52 sounds. ;)

but i still have problems with the KA gunner optic...it doesn't work and i don't know why.

i could need some help with that please??

i could need some help with that please??
I think you need add some extra script to associate pilot = gunner or something like that.

Regarding the KA50 addon, how do I change the classname? Now I feel stupid again........