Sign in to follow this  
rstratton

KA-50 Hokum

Ah right, I forgot NATO and Russia paint their aircraft differently. (hur hur aren't I the ass.)

Well I guess if you guys slap a reflection map on it ind of like Arma II's KA-52 then it would be set.

http://site.team-sfa.fr/wp-content/images/arma/v%C3%A9hicules/arma2_vehicles_rotary_Ka52.jpg

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/images/s_ruscas_ka52_frontal.jpg

It looks great but the plastic-like surface kind of detracts from its appearence. In that case a high specular power and intensity would probably do better, you get the glossy glare from something like 0.4 or 0.5 but using 32 or 64 you get the real glossy effect.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_RVMAT Arma 2 uses a better shading system then Arma 1 so it shouldn't look so pixelated. You could still use a specular map to help control the strength of the glow in certain areas, most noteable would be the tires.

I apologize if this sounds 'demanding', I'm posting this in the morning when somewhat tired and not entirely thinking straight so it may seem impolite..etc.

Edited by NodUnit

It looks great.. Just intriuged about if you will have different loadouts for it? just saying because its allways fun to play with cannon pods!

while ur still here, Is the cannon moveable or no?

I guess my question isnt good enough :(

Doesn't really matter if the cannon can be moved or not, I know it can IRL and I use the feature a lot in DCS Black Shark, but in ArmA the agility of the helicopter should allow for proper aiming. Either that or use a solution like MMA. :)

I guess my question isnt good enough :(

I guess that's because it looks a lot like you're nagging the makers to tailor this addon to your liking.

my liking? lol yea because its not like that in real life right? quit trolling and move along.

I thoght about the cannon and the way we can control it .

Th way i did it in BF2(CTRL & SHIFT to control cannon):

I arma 2 i think we can make it different way, chopper need to be in Hover mode , only then the cannon can be activated as movable. Or you don`t need to put chopper in hover mode and this cannon is linked to the head of player so you can switch to the scope and rotate it with mouse activating cannon movements by pressing "*" button or double "Alt" same as in chopper then you can rotate head ,so basicly you`re controlling cannon by rotating your head . But i don`t how hard it is to script.

ah both sound great, ty for the heads up Oleg, will be antisipating the release of this :D

Or you don`t need to put chopper in hover mode and this cannon is linked to the head of player so you can switch to the scope and rotate it with mouse activating cannon movements by pressing "*" button or double "Alt" same as in chopper then you can rotate head ,so basicly you`re controlling cannon by rotating your head . But i don`t how hard it is to script.

I may be mistaken but doesn't Mando Missile have something like this?

I may be mistaken but doesn't Mando Missile have something like this?

Not sure, but aren't you talking about GDT helicopter weapons mod? try it out if you haven't already.

I'm also keen to see those cannons moving as well, because thats how it is in real Ka50s.

Edited by TOTAL22

This chopper looks awesome, can't wait to fly this baby

Now all we need is a Ka-60 for little special missions and a Mi-26 for some lifting, troop carrying ;)

iv made alot of progress on the ka50. pm me for beta testing

Iv'e been wondering how this addon was going, pm sent

It looks fairly nice Stratton and things seem to be in order.

RPT logs for the KA50:

Warning Message: Animation source door not found in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ka50/

ka50: Rudder - unknown animation source rudder

There are a few problems with the cockpit layout and the way things are positioned but other than that its very nice!

Some additional small feedback:

* Please fix the text as it appears when you create the unit from "ka50 hokum" to a proper "Ka-50 Hokum"

* The HUD is very bright/transparent and hard to actually see anything on at daytime

* The rotorblades need a blur-texture for when they've become speeded up, since the current quickly rotating 3D model flickers a lot

A really nice looking model though. Keep up the good work, because this can turn out really awesome :)

Some additional small feedback:

* Please fix the text as it appears when you create the unit from "ka50 hokum" to a proper "Ka-50 Hokum"

* The HUD is very bright/transparent and hard to actually see anything on at daytime

* The rotorblades need a blur-texture for when they've become speeded up, since the current quickly rotating 3D model flickers a lot

A really nice looking model though. Keep up the good work, because this can turn out really awesome :)

True this , btw resize textures from 4096 to 2048 , that 4096 is not needed :D

Those rotor rotating too much fast + they need blur proxies

I really like the detail of it , great work :)

This is looking awesome, need a preview vid done? ;)

Those rotor rotating too much fast + they need blur proxies

Thanks for the specification. Always hard to get my point through when my knowledge of models is so lackluster!

im going to assume arma2 doesnt support rudders on helicopters. rotor blur is being worked on. texture size was intended to be very high resolution, to bad 8192x8192 size textures arent supported. anybody know about configuring the hud? i have not gotten that far into it yet

Edited by rstratton