Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Pistol rounds are often more lethal than rifle rounds, games just nerf them like they are shooting bb's. Since i have discovered that they have no drop my pistol is my new uav dropper.

first footage of the SP from an Xbox pirated copy

"We are gonna oscar mike"

Im getting some flashbacks...

I know it's just a fluff FPS but I would really a appreciate the ability to "select fire" as well. I hate being forced to use "auto". Then again, this just speaks to the way the devs designed the game. Empty a mag in the general direction of your enemy and pray they go down :(

I remember reading quite a big discussion about this on the official forums, and it was proven that burst or single fire was always more accurate that spray (of course, not even sure why i just typed that). My point being though, it just involves the discipline of not holding your mouse button down, which should be quite easy for us ArmA vets, right?

I remember reading quite a big discussion about this on the official forums, and it was proven that burst or single fire was always more accurate that spray (of course, not even sure why i just typed that). My point being though, it just involves the discipline of not holding your mouse button down, which should be quite easy for us ArmA vets, right?

Yeah, fair comment I guess but there is a reason why weapons have select fire IRL and the fact that DICE seem to know it and exclude it anyway makes little sense to me.

It irks me that these companies harp on about "realism" but cannot even be bothered to add simple features that directly relate to it.

It's a bit of difference tapping a mouse button and pulling a trigger (especially a hairpin), bit I still agree that there should always be the option to change fire modes.

"We are going to on the move"

I wonder if they actually know what Oscar Mike means or they just think it sounds cool. I'm guessing the latter. MW2 has started something...

"We are gonna oscar mike"
Oh god, now they're using it as a verb.
"We are going to on the move"

I wonder if they actually know what Oscar Mike means or they just think it sounds cool. I'm guessing the latter. MW2 has started something...

1258238978549.jpg

Is all i can say to that.

Looks pretty good tho.

It's a bit of difference tapping a mouse button and pulling a trigger (especially a hairpin), bit I still agree that there should always be the option to change fire modes.

I wasn't trying to imply that there wasn't. I simply don't see why we can't have the option. The SMG/Rifles depicted in the game have select fire modes that are not represented.

I can't remember whether vBF2 had select fire or whether the PRM team added it to their mod. I only played vBF2 for about an hour in 2005 ;)

Yes, stock BF2 had fire modes to select on weapons.

Cheers, I thought as much :)

Has the beta now officially ended? I seem unable to connect to the EA master server.

Has the beta now officially ended? I seem unable to connect to the EA master server.

Only 4 days and 15 hours to go for Steam users. :) Never thought I'd be following the release timer for an arcade shooter.

Hope they allow a preload, if I'm fighting to downloading 12GB on release hour with the other million people, there will be rage.

Only 4 days and 15 hours to go for Steam users. :) Never thought I'd be following the release timer for an arcade shooter.

Hope they allow a preload, if I'm fighting to downloading 12GB on release hour with the other million people, there will be rage.

Then why buy a digital copy? The only people I know who buy digital copies are the ones with super connections, they can download 12GB in 30min

Then why buy a digital copy? The only people I know who buy digital copies are the ones with super connections, they can download 12GB in 30min

The download isn't a problem, I'm on 24Mbit, which is sadly the best I can get here at the moment; I was referring to their update servers getting eaten to death, happens on the first few hours of a major release when they don't allow early downloads.

---

What game mode will everyone be playing? I think I'll end up preferring conquest (classic BF) for the open area free to roam style. Rush mode is great, but bottlenecks are only entertaining for so long.

Edited by bhaz

I'm just pissed off that I have to wait 2 days late because i'm British.

I bought it on the internet for a reason. No fu**ing store release. But no. I still have to wait 2 days.

Arghh! Rage!

I bought it on the internet for a reason. No fu**ing store release. But no. I still have to wait 2 days.

Arghh! Rage!

why wait?

download the leaked PC copy, leaked today, enjoy the SP until you get the legit copy

<link to illegal version removed>

Edited by W0lle
link to illegal version removed, user terminated

Arghh! Rage!

I know the feeling. :(

:banghead:

According to this, direct2drive begins preloading in 16 hours, they're assuming Steam will follow suit.

edit: Except for UK, on 3rd of March... odd.

Australia gets it late too, but since they raised the price on Steam an Extra $20 I decided to order it online and wait 2 months for it.

why wait?

download the leaked PC copy, leaked today, enjoy the SP until you get the legit copy

<link to illegal version removed>

Example of failing :D