Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

damn script suite will be 6mb to include this to a mp mission

Edited by tobmic

Bsilenced

[t1, 3, ["Air"], 6, 500, 2000, 12, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [west,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]

1 - unit that will act as missile launcher

2 - soldier inside that unit that will control the launcher: 0 driver, 1 gunner, 2 commander, 3 any or none (even empty units)

3 - Types of targets

4 - Number of missiles loaded

5 - Minimum range to acquire and fire

6 - Maximum range to acquire and fire

7 - Aprox maximum rate of fire (missiles per minute)

8 - Firing position in model coords

9 - Scan arc

10 - Minimum knowsabout (0 = knows about the target level not required)

11 - Enemy sides array, [] for auto

12 - Antimissile capable?

13 - Fixed direction of the launcher? (if not, it will be able to fire in any direction)

14 - Initially active?

15 - Radio ON?

16 - Initial elevation before firing (> 89) for automatic elevation.

All the scripts inside mando_missiles\units\attackers are "helpers" to execute mando_missileattacker.sqf, which is the main script for automatic launchers.

This in-detail MMA guide is not updated yet, while most of its contents are still valid for A2 MMA.

tobmic there are some things that you can immediately remove inside the script suite folder to save space:

grau3.paa

gun.paa

hull_co.paa

mandoturret.p3d

Inside mando_missiles\huds\custom\images and \mando_missiles\mfds you will find some large paas that you can reduce in detail to save space too.

Yo,thanks for the update and anyway for this great stuff !

Ive got something to ask or report...

MI17 wich is called MI-8MTV-3 :eek:

-If i spawn with complete crew i can fire the PKT and S-5 Rockets

-If i let the crew get out while iam in ,i can use still both weapons

-If i get in empty Chopper as Pilot i cant use the S-5 Rockets

If i let the crew in = still no Rockets for me.

I have to get out and let the crew in first ,then i can get in as Pilot and use S-5.

And one AI is not enough you need 3 Crewmember to be in Chopper if ya wanna use the S-5 Rockets.

Is this wanted like this or am i doing something wrong ?

Greetz

Muecke

You are right, this is a weird behaviour of "MANUALFIRE" action.

To confirm, place a player and an empty Mi-8MTV-3 named heli1 on the map, in the init field of the player put:

this moveInDriver heli1; player action ["MANUALFIRE", vehicle player]

As the mission starts you will notice the rockets are removed (with or without mma).

The HUD script executes the manual fire action automatically each time to board a vehicle as driver and with no gunner, and this action seems to cause that effect in that chopper. I will try to find a workaround for this.

I have one question. With MMA_XEH I should have working mod even if I'm in mission which doesn't have mma logics?

I just tried to join Isla Duala Domi and my Javelin didn't work properly. I had your aiming screen (not the BIS deafult one) but I didn't have any icons around my screen.

@mandoble

Yep true !!!

keep up the fantastic work.... !!!

Just need to get this off my chest: THANK YOU, Mandoble!

Ah, that feels good - I've been using your addons for ages and never said it. Great work!

I have one question. With MMA_XEH I should have working mod even if I'm in mission which doesn't have mma logics?

I just tried to join Isla Duala Domi and my Javelin didn't work properly. I had your aiming screen (not the BIS deafult one) but I didn't have any icons around my screen.

Dont know why it didnt work there, but yes it should work all over if you run the XEH Auto Start. No logics at all needed in the mission. Maybe Dom breaks something though as it has tons of scripts (im guessing - have no clue of these things).

Minoza, MMA XEH works this way:

If you have it and Extended Event Handlers it will try to self-initialize MMA in the following way:

- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is the server, it initializes MMA.

- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is a client, it initializes MMA only if the server has initialized it.

- If the server initialized it but you dont have MMA, you will see a notification every 240 seconds indicating that MMA is missing on your client.

So, if you were a client, and the server didnt initialize MMA, then you will not have MMA initalized client-side.

The.D, glad you are enjoying this set of weird scripts ;)

Mando, once again thank you for explanation. I really admire you for having patience for noobs like me.

And of course, thank you for this mod!!! :D

heya great addon, love the script version......a lil big maybe:)

couple things im not sure worth pointing out but here i go.. i made a port of domination duala and included mando script...

first test went to 7thsfg server which had mando missile addon enabled and probably had clients with the addon, we got major lag problems...

next it went to a server without the addon and everything was fine..

this could mean nothing of course

heres the mision http://www.filefront.com/15588157/%7BOp4%7D_Dom_Duala_3.isladuala.rar

the other issue is i experianced a loss in personal waypoints sometimes after leaving air vehicles and being in air vehicles.....

i have also experiance issues rearming with this mission, but when i load it in editor theres no problem... when you click rearm you get a bad sound, after messing with it for awhile sometimes you still get it to work...

i see you put an explanation to my previous question with an additional wiki, im sure this will answer all my new question i have in adding features to the mission..but maybe you should have a link to it available in the download so other people notice it?

anyways great addon i love it and it will be in most of my missions, thanks!

Quick question but a dumb one. What's this for:

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization 
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ffaa.sqf";
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf";

Does this mean we still need to have the AddOns version as a requirement if we use the script version? Sorry, I've never been quite sure what WaitUntil{} actually does. I'm a tad bit dense sometimes. ;)

EDIT:

if (isServer) then
{
  // SAMs antimissile-capable for t1
  [t1, 3, ["Air"], 6, 500, 2000, 12, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [west,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_arma2.sqs";
};

Next say I want to override other things like as shown in the ReadMe, do I need to add them inside the:

if (isServer) then
{
};

If not do I need to add the code in there for another sam. Like:

if (isServer) then
{
  [t1, 3, ["Air"], 6, 500, 2000, 12, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [west,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_arma2.sqs";
  [t2, 3, ["Air"], 6, 500, 2000, 12, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [west,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_arma2.sqs";
};

Would it look like this:

if (isServer) then
{
  [t2, 3, ["Air"], 6, 500, 2000, 12, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [west,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_arma2.sqs";
};

// A new class to be used as MMA rearming point
  mando_rearm_sources_classes = mando_rearm_sources_classes +
  ["Land_Barrel_empty"];

// Minimum altitude for Air units to be detected by radar
  mando_minairalt = 10;

Or like this:

if (isServer) then
{

// A new class to be used as MMA rearming point
  mando_rearm_sources_classes = mando_rearm_sources_classes +
  ["Land_Barrel_empty"];

mando_minairalt = 10;
};

Edited by Manzilla

BSilenced, the script suite is the addon un-pboed, both things are the very same.

You get a "warning" sound when rearming if you are rearming without selecting a rearming source first, or if the selected rearming source is empty. To select a rearming source just click over it with the mouse, you will see a green circle marking it.

Manzilla

The script suite doesnt need the addon at all. Which means all the initializations are done via the init.sqf, starting with:

// init.sqf
[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

You might want to check script_suite\mma_script_suite.utes included in the latest pack.

To override any MMA globals, do it for everyone, server included. So not inside any if (isServer) block.

The automatic launchers are created server side so they are inside an if (isServer) block, it is recommended to do it inside a spawn block wich will execure in parallel to the rest of your init.sqf, it is also recommended to insert an small delay between launcher initializations, for example:

[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

// Override MMA globals here

// MOD setup initialization
// BIS units (and some non bis units too)
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";
// FFAA mod units
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ffaa.sqf";
// ACE 2 units
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf";

if (isServer) then
{
// This applies only for the server
  // Spawn ensures parallel execution, the sleeps inside will not delay the 
  // execution of the rest of your init.sqf
  []spawn
  {
  // Automatic lanchers 
     {
        [_x, 3, ["Air"], 24, 500, 4000, 12, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [west,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_arma2.sqs";
        Sleep 0.5;
     } forEach [my_sam_east1, my_sam_east2, my_sam_east3];

{
        [_x, 3, ["Air"], 24, 500, 4000, 12, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_arma2.sqs";
        Sleep 0.5;
     } forEach [my_sam_west1, my_sam_west2, my_sam_west3];

};
};

Anyone having trouble with the TOW and Metis systems when mixed with ACE? The missiles go 15 feet before crashing right in front of the launcher no matter at what angle they are shot from. This is with the XEH Auto Enable and in single player.

heya great addon, love the script version......a lil big maybe:)

couple things im not sure worth pointing out but here i go.. i made a port of domination duala and included mando script...

first test went to 7thsfg server which had mando missile addon enabled and probably had clients with the addon, we got major lag problems...

next it went to a server without the addon and everything was fine..

this could mean nothing of course

heres the mision http://www.filefront.com/15588157/%7BOp4%7D_Dom_Duala_3.isladuala.rar

the other issue is i experianced a loss in personal waypoints sometimes after leaving air vehicles and being in air vehicles.....

i have also experiance issues rearming with this mission, but when i load it in editor theres no problem... when you click rearm you get a bad sound, after messing with it for awhile sometimes you still get it to work...

i see you put an explanation to my previous question with an additional wiki, im sure this will answer all my new question i have in adding features to the mission..but maybe you should have a link to it available in the download so other people notice it?

anyways great addon i love it and it will be in most of my missions, thanks!

For what it is worth guys I took this mission and converted it back to MMA GL's instead of Script as the file was WAY TOO BIG when combined with my Duala Domination version modifications and AddOns (9Mb) for my clients to download when joining my server. That said, I didn't see any real issues in gameplay or Lag but then again i did not have but only a couple clients at the time.

Will test some more as this is a great Domination Mission.

Mando, Im sure this has been asked before, but why doesn't mma support joy/mouse controls? Im know a lot of players fly with joysticks/controllers, as i do myself. As amazing as this mod is I cant use it because I can only fly with a controller, and moving my hand to the keyboard can mess up my flying as a helicopter pilot.

@lo0se

I also fly with joysticks and rudder pedals. Most of the current generation controllers come with some sort of profile/editing software. So the common solution is to simply map the keyboard buttons to the joystick, and there's no need to do anything else.

If you don't have the direct ability to map your joystick, I believe the GlovePie still works for most people and controllers. GlovePie.org

Hope it helps.

LoOse, all and every existing DX compatible joy, and of course the better ones, support to assign key strokes to joy buttons or combinations of them.

If your joy doesnt come with a software to configure it, there are some freeware tools that will work for any joy. In this thread you will find some references (JoyToKey).

I really enjoy you`re addon !

flying in a A-10 is realy great now , but is it possible to get the hud more brighter ? i can hardly see the hud

all and every existing DX compatible joy

:yeahthat:

Again many thanks to Mandoble, Defunkt and everyone else for the awesomeness that is MMA! It really is critical to my personal project, without it, well ... probably shouldn't talk about such things here. :D

A couple of questions/thoughts/ideas from my todo sheet:

I have a rather large mission I've been working on for some time now. I'm currently using MMA/GUN to simulate a couple layers within an air defense network of sorts. Within the ADN the first layer is the radar/sam array. Currently I'm using several "radars" with several "sam sites" utilizing the optional _radar parameter.

First question, is it possible to set a minimum altitude for launch? Would like to allow for flight "below radar". Helo pilots are getting worked by the SAMs at the moment.

Second, is there any means by which to delay/randomize the time between entering the "radars area" and said radar producing a lock/launch? In addition, if there is a way to delay/randomize the scan/lock/launch process, it would really cool if there was some type of audible indication. So you know when you've entered monitored airspace vs. when you've been fired upon. Much like a real TWS indicates "scanning" threats. A beep every few seconds.

Lastly for now, in this scenario of radar sites and seperate sam sites, do the remote radars end up using any type of LOS procedure? In my testing it seems that when using a remote radar, they will produce a launch with or without LOS. I haven't looked that close yet to see exactly how things are handled, I could be mistaken here.

Any thoughts, ideas or direction is helpful. Thanks again for everyones investment, it is my goal to see that it gets used to it's fullest potential.

Regards,

Gnome

Sneaker, you can always cycle hud colours via menu actions, but if current combination of colours is not good engough for you, you can also overwrite them in your init.sqf:

// 4 Arrays of colours to be used when toggling MMA HUD colours [R,G,B] per item
mando_hud_colors_sets = [ 
[[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5]], 
[[1,0.5,0],[1,0.5,0],[1,0.5,0],[1,0.5,0],[1,0.5,0],[1,0.5,0]], 
[[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5],[0.5,1,0.5]], 
[[0,0.7,0.5],[0,0.7,0.5],[0,0.7,0.5],[0,0.7,0.5],[0,0.7,0.5],[0,0.7,0.5]] 
]; 

Gnome, the current external radar doesnt make LOS checks, the launchers using it (supposedly close to the radar site) do the LOS checks.

There is a global you can overwrite in your init.sqf to set the minimum alt to lock on air targets:

mando_minairalt = 10; 

Lock and launch delay ATM is fixed, but you can adjust the scan delay with the rate of fire parameter of the mando missile attacker.

Using the external radar you can also randomize its detection chances using

_trigger setTriggerArea [_Radious, _Radious, 0, false];

That is, modifying its radious from an external script, you can generate "holes" where the radious is quite small, so the bogeys will be able to enter the area not being detected for few seconds, then you restore the original range, detection, lock, warning, fire, warning, panic, terror, histeria ;)

This external radar is quite basic ATM, I have in mind to create a new and much more advanced long range radar that will be able to iteract also with player systems (radar consoles), including RWS, TWS, SST, IFF. All I need is time.

after looking through the example missions i was under the impression that certain units like btr90 hq were automaticly had an aa capability by the ai, but after reading through the extra manual i see we have to set everything up? and if so what about units dynamicly spawned?

im referring to the script version here....

as far as the mma rearm goes, i know how to do it.still wasnt working right..

sorry for being such a noob here lol

mando_minairalt = 10;

Copy that. :o (hate it when i don't look at my own notes)

_trigger setTriggerArea [_Radious, _Radious, 0, false];

Hmm... "holes" you say. I like that direction of thought.

I've tested many different setups in attempting to balance realism/playability, which I'm sure you are well aware requires some finesse. Bringing things into scale being one of the larger challenges at hand. Right now I'm currently building things on Podagorsk, an average sized map. Might also be worth noting the scale of the mission itself, probably equivelant to an Evo for Pilots. Current objective list numbering some 40 odd sorties, not inclusive of ADN related objectives.

Having said that, currently I have a half dozen radar sites, I would love to have more, but I have some reserves and technical issues. My reserve is for all things realistic, but I'm good at compromising ... so actual radar ranges went out the window pretty quickly. (I generally cut everything by half when it comes to flight in ArmA anyway, but even a Side Net ranges out to around 20km I believe.) Anyway, I've brought it down to around 3500m . Which gives a plausable amount of overlap, and in ArmA airspace seems to be enough allow for some "standard flight practices".

I like the "holes" thought because it got me to thinking about my original concept of having alot more radar sites (x3), and doing just as you noted. Only issue I had with this was I couldn't see an easy way to make several radars act as one (subnet of sorts), as I wouldn't want one sam unit per radar. Theres the HUD clutter thing when multiple radars are operational and using the anti-radiation missiles. Not easy to seperate targets. Actually it's damn near impossible for me, kinda hit or miss on what gets blown up. Don't know if theres anything that can be done about that particular aspect.

The other major thing I'm trying to balance right now are the missiles themselves. Performance to be specific. Also somewhat of a reason I seperated things, obviously when your radar range is only 3500m, missiles tend to show up quick if the 2 are close to each other. Feedback I get being something along the lines of, "Holy $#*^, where did that come from...". So needless to say, I've been playing around with the _missile_params. The blowing people out of the sky in 3secs or less is apparently a no go. :plain: Haha.

I'm very open to thoughts or idea's on how to make this work well. I have not commited to a particular way of doing things yet. I just want to make the most of the systems in this large mission, not only for the enjoyment of play, but also in hopes that other people can witness just how effective/awesome MMA is when implemented properly. ;)

One last thing, is it possible to inject Nav locations after init? I've been working on a steerpoint system, and when I saw the nav stuff of course I started looking at how they 2 could work together. ;) Just being able to turn them on/off would be a great start.

including RWS, TWS, SST, IFF. All I need is time.

I see you suffer from the same issue as myself :p

Regards,

Gnome

I have in mind to create a new and much more advanced long range radar that will be able to iteract also with player systems (radar consoles), including RWS, TWS, SST, IFF. All I need is time.

By the eyebrows of Huelsmeyer!!! Is that all you need?! Here, I have a handful of spare time you can take! Actually, take two, I don't need it. :D

Erm... I mean... Operation Arrowhead seems to re-do the virtual radar display. If it is not just a cosmetic change, there may be something for you to build from.