Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Damn i did post it in the wrong thread...this was supposed for ACE2.

edit: I did use yoma instead of alpinestars, maybe here is the issue and i thought the mods did load..wonder that i could play for a minute online. Will try it with alpinestars and see how it works again, thx =)

:rofl: I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. :)

CaptainBravo, good news for you and anyother one having MCC TV smoothness camera problems. Now camera moves smoothly even in heavy load conditions, expect a new beta release for this weekend with that fix incorporated, and might be with unlimited number of preemptive flares enabled too ;) (need to conduct even more gameplay tests with these first).

nice, have also this jity cam, awaiting next beta :bounce3:

...those mevericks work like a charm, had nice attack run`s together with hard turnings like a crasy meteor pulling all those countermeasures after my tail, hard g-forces with partly ACE blackouts over a BE Carrier Warfare map @dualla !

Integrated LHD and Kuznetsov with corresponding services into that, just wondering why i am only able to lock mando guns (with anti radar missiles) from my own friendly LHD, but enemy Kuznetsov guns (also mando ones, configured as enemy=west) are not lock able... is there a little mismatch ?

Stoned

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

there is also another request...

...its just a question, but is there a little chance of a nice cooperation with the ACE team ?

For example, the ACE auto rotation (choppers) isnt working any more, if mando missiles are active...

i know you dont support mixing mods, but with pretty mods it is like with pretty girls you know :D:eek:

Mando & ACE for ever...

Edited by Stoned

Dunno if this has already been said, but with the eye piece that attaches to the helmet, it moves and updates really slow but the green color in the back ground moves fluidly where ever u look, is there any way u could make the helmet eye piece move fluidly as well??

Cheers

nice, have also this jity cam, awaiting next beta :bounce3:

...those mevericks work like a charm, had nice attack run`s together with hard turnings like a crasy meteor pulling all those countermeasures after my tail, hard g-forces with partly ACE blackouts over a BE Carrier Warfare map @dualla !

Integrated LHD and Kuznetsov with corresponding services into that, just wondering why i am only able to lock mando guns (with anti radar missiles) from my own friendly LHD, but enemy Kuznetsov guns (also mando ones, configured as enemy=west) are not lock able... is there a little mismatch ?

Stoned

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

there is also another request...

...its just a question, but is there a little chance of a nice cooperation with the ACE team ?

For example, the ACE auto rotation (choppers) isnt working any more, if mando missiles are active...

i know you dont support mixing mods, but with pretty mods it is like with pretty girls you know :D:eek:

Mando & ACE for ever...

i dont have problems with auto rotation :confused:

i dont have problems with auto rotation :confused:

Me niether :) Perhaps change the order in which the mods are loading?

I'm just getting it how to take out targets with the LGB camera on A-10 :) sweet especially since ACE removed targeting from the plane for them, and didn't include onboard laser system for any planes. Also with this mod it became possible to actually evade AA missiles fired at you.

Some little bugs I found:

1. sometimes weapons are change pylons in mid-flight (last example I dropped away 2 GBU-12s and the swapped their place with the Sidewinders)

2. Maybe it's FPS wise, but sometimes the plane/chopper jumps into the LGB/Hellfire/any other camera when viewing through it

Me niether :) Perhaps change the order in which the mods are loading?

Thanks guys, ...trying

Stoned, you are right, the Phalanx guns in the Kutz are not detected as radar sources, will try to remember to fix that for next beta.

Solarghost, are you talking about AH64 monocle or AH1Z HMD? If monocle, what updates slowly there? The white text lines? The movement of the smaller solid circle?

Banderas

1) Yes, this is an ArmA2 bug. It might reorder automatically the external placement of the weapons when fired with useWeapon action.

2) This should be fixed now, as said some post above, expect to see this issue gone in next beta (this weekend?).

CaptainBravo, good news for you and anyother one having MCC TV smoothness camera problems. Now camera moves smoothly even in heavy load conditions, expect a new beta release for this weekend with that fix incorporated, and might be with unlimited number of preemptive flares enabled too ;) (need to conduct even more gameplay tests with these first).

That is excellent news! I certainly love the cam on Ah-64 (and on all other air units).

Overall a must have addon! Thanks for the great work Mandoble.

2) This should be fixed now, as said some post above, expect to see this issue gone in next beta (this weekend?).

Oh I saw it lately, sorry, it's great, because sometimes it makes moving the camera around a little bit rugged and the targeting harder :)

Also it might not be connected to Mando Missiles directly, but if I drop LGBs from altitude above ~500m, they tend to fall short on their designated targets (the higher you drop the shorter they fall)

Stoned, you are right, the Phalanx guns in the Kutz are not detected as radar sources, will try to remember to fix that for next beta.

thanks man, btw iam not using the Kuz logic, i placed guns manualy on the kuz bacause i have player manable sam systems with console enabled on the carriers.

current init: "this setposASL [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 15.0]; this setVariable [""mando_gun_side"", east]; this addEventHandler [""HandleDamage"", {false}]";

question, if a player man a sam console and activate it, will it also be a radar target ?

...regarding ACE autorotation not working anymore, this seams to be an ACE issue since 1.0.234, tested that with UH60M, AH64, pure ACE enabled on utes.

Stoned

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

another question...

iam using this in Benny`s Warfare, any idea why we wont get credit after killing an enemy unit with Mando Missiles ?

stoned

Edited by Stoned

iam using this in Benny`s Warfare, any idea why we wont get credit after killing an enemy unit with Mando Missiles ?

It might be because of ACE new armor damage system, since it's introduction if I blow a tank/APC to pieces I get frag only for the crew killed

Yes Stoned, because I can use addScore and addRating commands, but A2 doesnt have any addKills command. I will add a particular scoring system just for MMA kills, which will happen with a totally different logic than A2 default kills. For example, you and your mate fired a missile each one against an enemy plane, the plane got the first impact and was still flying while severely damaged, then the second missile fired by your mate hit it and 5 seconds later the plane crashed. The idea is that even in that situation, you and your mate get kill and score award for this enemy plane.

Yes Stoned, because I can use addScore and addRating commands, but A2 doesnt have any addKills command. I will add a particular scoring system just for MMA kills, which will happen with a totally different logic than A2 default kills. For example, you and your mate fired a missile each one against an enemy plane, the plane got the first impact and was still flying while severely damaged, then the second missile fired by your mate hit it and 5 seconds later the plane crashed. The idea is that even in that situation, you and your mate get kill and score award for this enemy plane.

nice !, i hope it is interactable with WarfareBE than :)

@Mandoble: Could it be possible to map a toggle key for the Forward Looking Radar, so the player would be able keep it visible when needed?

The way it pops up when new radar targets are detected is Ok-ish, but it would be nice to have the radar screen active all the time during combat. Also, after weighting the pros & cons of the pop up and BI virtual radar, I prefer your system more. Hopefully your develop radar systems more in the future. With all these nice HUDs and control panels I'm really starting to hate the BI radar :)

Yeah, an expanded radar system is something that I know Mandoble is contemplating and I have been trying to nudge him along on. The possibilities are amazing and of course include removing BIS radar completely and giving all vehicles only the capabilities they might actually have. There might also be the option to switch through external radar sources (ground station, command vehicles, AWACS) and these then might become targets which need to be protected to ensure continued operation.

Dialektiikka , actually that toggle key is not needed at all.

The radar will pupup when it detects one of more contacts, and will automatically hide few seconds after there is no more contact detected. So you will never miss a contact there (as long as it matches radar detection parameters) and having it poping up is better to do not miss the presence of a new contact.

Defunkt, that project was supposed to be top-secret :p

Yeah, an expanded radar system is something that I know Mandoble is contemplating and I have been trying to nudge him along on. The possibilities are amazing and of course include removing BIS radar completely and giving all vehicles only the capabilities they might actually have. There might also be the option to switch through external radar sources (ground station, command vehicles, AWACS) and these then might become targets which need to be protected to ensure continued operation.

That sounds like the kind of direction Arma 2 should be going in. It would really increase interaction between air & ground units to defend/attack effectively and represent the tactical value of having air superiority in a given area.

Intruiging stuff indeed :)

I'm trying to test the javelin but when I press TAB it does nothing, whats wrong here? I'm using ACE and a modified difficulty setting same as veteran mode but unlimited saves and no crosshairs.

Edited by Njayjay

Interrogative (tm GK):

when I use KH-29L in laser mode on Su-25, I continously loosing locked targets, having my missiles flying sideways, do those laser targets need running engine too?

In ground lock I assume I can target a fix ground point. But what is remote mode good for? On-the-fly control (like TOW in RL)?

I believe remote mode is to allow you to lock onto laser designated targets from other friendly units, a team on the ground with a hand held for example. So if a ground team have something lit up, you would use remote mode on your aircraft to allow you to select that particular target. Hope I've got that correct. Sorry if I havent.