Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

City Life 2 RPG MOD (WIP)

maxriga..to put it simply...shut up. You arent making the mod, they are. Prototype is right: if you dont like it, dont play it. Its really annoying when you put hours and hours and hours of work into something and someone just comes along and says "thats not going to work"

guys ... as i said before I wish ur mod luck but so far it looks like another ChernoLife with addons. Just a hint - noone played ChernoLife with their addons... blabla

Sorry, but that's some deep bull. Sahrani Life with addons (official version) was visited pretty frequently, I remember me and my mate whining about the server being full (32 players) and waiting alot of time to get in, updating the server status like evey 5 seconds to finally join the server :p .

Also, when we couldn't get in and got tired, we would play at the ARMA RPG (RIP) addon server, it had always like ~20 people online (evening).

Yep, the Servers of Chernarus Life without addons are full, but that's because no (official) addon mission was created yet, so your statement ("noone played ChernoLife with their addons") is pretty much nonsense, maybe even a troll attack.

Also, I never tried the City Life mission, but when I was playing Sahrani Life, City Life had ~15 players online. Wouldn't call that none... keep in mind this also affected by time zones, in SL the server was full in the evening-early night (and it seems it's the same with CL), so I guess alot of europeans play there.

As for CL - guessing here - it might be more americans (focus on USA-like-addons?) so they would come online at another time.

Edited by Icewindo

@Max, arma isnt actually very suitable for making a RPG. note its based on a military sim so the kind of roleplay is very different compared to ordinary rpg's. but its very fun though.

and among other things this is why the people have to make the roleplay.

As for CL - guessing here - it might be more americans (focus on USA-like-addons?) so they would come online at another time.

Nearly - in the dev team there are 4 Brits and 2 American so it has a mixture to make it sort or Unique :)

Well a bit of an update from my perspective.

The coders have optimised existing and added allot of more functions to the MOD, all seems to be coming together nicely.

As to be expected things have been thin on the ground over the holiday period and some of the applied beta testers haven't really helped a great deal so some of the dev are tied into testing and fixing and then retesting.

I have started another beta drive and out of 32 testers about 5 are testing, so I sacked the rest and invited another 20 today that applied.

Our aim is to get a substantial amount in the server to stress everything after this next mission fix/upload.

Then I can envisage some tweaks here and there then rock and roll.

Wow man this mod looks INSANE :eek: i have a few questions.

1)Whens it out! :yay:

2)Is it server side or do we have to download stuff :D

Wow man this mod looks INSANE .

Thanks

1)Whens it out! :

When the BETA testers stop reporting bugs

2)Is it server side or do we have to download stuff :D

Yes it's server side and you will need to download our addon pack/mod

thedudesam thats my dp! lol

I joined before you ;) also ive never seen you before Lol. Coincidence :nuts: guess we both think the picture is awesome XD

Thanks

When the BETA testers stop reporting bugs

Yes it's server side and you will need to download our addon pack/mod

Thanks for the answers man

guess we both think the picture is awesome XD

hell yeah! lol

Must be, out of 40 ppl selected for BETA your the only one who couldn't work out a spoon fed step by step instruction to install the addons using yoma's addon synk, also with assistance by a member.

Now can't click a web-link, hmmmm I am thinking maybe you are :)

keep it clean blue mate

Must be, out of 40 ppl selected for BETA your the only one who couldn't work out a spoon fed step by step instruction to install the addons using yoma's addon synk, also with assistance by a member.

Now can't click a web-link, hmmmm I am thinking maybe you are :)

Can't wait for this mod. I hope it has features to deter idiots from griefing everyone. On the flipside, if civs didn't commit crimes, the cops would have nothing to do and it would get boring but sometimes its too much. People are just plain mean.

I was trying to roleplay a bit on CL. I just started out - it was the first time ever playing something like this and I was asking if public transportation was running as I wanted to take the bus. Of course people were laughing. Then someone out of the blue offers to give me a ride. Cool. It was a police officer and I was a civ. I thought to myself, wow this dude is actually being cool. Next thing you know he drives the car into the ocean and jumps out with me left to die in the car. What kinda shit is that? That's the only thing that kills games like these and its a shame because to me the concept of a "virtual life" is so damn cool. Anyway, good luck with the mod and I hope to play it soon.

Great-looking mod! Can't wait to see this one when it's released.

Keep up the great work!

Try this on for size:

And yes everyone this is free. We don't make people pay to play or to have a house or car or beta test like some other mods do.........

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

if you like you can also use my bike (if it every gets finnished:rolleyes:)

would love to use that as we need more bikes

oh right, theres a problem with my crappy computer. i had to put in a differnet hard disk because it didnt boot with the old one anymore^^ it happened when i tried to adapt my old hard disk from my laptop that i get the files from it. now i dont even get the files from this hard disk... for the moment. i really should upload my wip stuff in the web^^

i will tell you when i get it again... someday:o

Yes.

There are a few last minute code issues that ArMaTeC and Chevs are going to Iron out before we add more content and do a vetted release.

Our server is going to be upgraded to dedicated from VPS (For better web, game server performance and more space)

90% of the items have been made, so when you drop something, it's not just a bit of code that removes from your inventory, the item is actually placed on the floor, here are just a few (We have 70 +):

wipt.jpg

IMG has made a complete new bank, I'm holding off the screen shots for that so It's a surprise & made the Savannah fully animated doors & roof.

ArMaTeC has been working on his pilot test and tweaking here and there.

DaChevs has been improving and breaking code.

We have got permission from Gachopin to use his gac_train script http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95186 so I have been on a small project of making a Carriage.

BETA testers are working hard testing it all out and reporting issues.

So, few loose ends to tie up, watch this space ;)

I have been a player since the beta stages of Chernarus Life which was around the ARMA2 international release. I've been a beta tester for City Life RPG for a few months now.

The difference between City Life and Chernarus Life is the ambience and flow of life through the game. Since City Life has an addon pack (Fairly large albeit) there are many items that you would come to expect in an RPG now available in ARMA2. It just adds to the feeling, that you are somebody, trying to make it on your own.

Everything is pretty much droppable, you can get mugged, do drugs, go to work, and cause chaos. It's a perfect mix of crazy in some senses.

In terms of the chaos, it will inevitably be the same in some regards, but the tools are available to combat most crime in City Life, including the tasers. In City Life, there's so much to do... last time I got drunk and died from alcohol poisoning! The cops followed me because I was drunk, so I pulled over and was busted for using a kickbox animation.

These guys are absolutely dedicated to their game, and constantly develop it, tweaking things, adding features, making things more balanced, and do not rush their product like Chernarus Life was originally.

To be fair though, Chernarus Life could get an addon pack, as I've heard so, and after many fixes it too is fairly stable, so long as it doesn't have a lot of people on, and so long as the server hasn't been up more than 48 hours. Nonetheless, I would say I prefer City Life because of the game balance and items, the custom cars, and the developers themselves. I've worked with the author of Chernarus Life, and he's not that bad of a guy, but he is just one guy, so there's only so much he can do.

The other Chernarus Life servers which ripped him off are up, and have added some features, but the feeling for them is the same across the board, stock ARMA2 gets old after a while. Chernarus Life does have an edge in factory manufacturing still, and I did like their GM console for sponsoring non-RP events to keep players interested.

Edited by sparcdr
Extra line break