Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

City Life 2 RPG MOD (WIP)

Our mission is a Role playing game - The goal is to be successful.

1) Play as a citizen, roleplay to life what job or path you chose to take.

2) Play as a Police officer, Work in the team under the Chief of police to react to crime.

3) Play as an EMT, Preserve life.

4) Play as a fire fighter (Not implemented yet)

I think you maybe miss the point of a Role playing game. It is not set out to have any specific coded goals or the mission would require an ending. Chose your own goals and Role play them. We have created a Role playing mod so people can come online and have fun with like minded people.

City Life 2 is a Role playing MOD of ARMA 2 where the goal is to Role Play. Leave server come back life go's on.

Evolution is a combat mission for ARMA 2 where the goal is to kill all the enemy and win the objectives back. Mission end start from the beginning.

Edited by i3luevein

i3luevein

Well, I think not me but you really miss the point of a Role playing game ... and actual point of the mission. I'm not saying there should be the end of the mission if u finally reach scripted goal, but there should be something why I wanna come and spend my time playing your mission.

Really, do't be pissed off on me, I really want to help to make your mission good, this why I'm spending my time here talking to you. Let's see this -

1) Play as a citizen, roleplay to life what job or path you chose to take.

- yes, that's right, but what is the point of getting job etc? Money? ok, so, at least we have one little goal - to earn money. Second, why do I need to have money in this mission? To spend it? On what and why? Those are simple questions actually is the key of success of your mission. In SL that point was missed and it destroyed their mission and made chaos on their server when cops and civs were killing each another for fun. Sure, people were thinking this is fun because there was nothing else to do except shooting each another. I din't want to see your mission to be destroyed the same way. Let people role playing for some little goals. I've listed some of my examples in the beginning of this thread and don't wanna take my and ur time on repeating it. So, my point is - let people feel them self role playing for some goals ( opening business, earning money, buying luxery\real estate\business factories, fighting for political career etc ) but not just to earn money to buy car and gun and kill cops .... it's pointless and boring. We have SL for that.

Here you go some little example for little goal. Long time ago I told to SL creators to make position of Mayor of the island but they ruined this idea into pointless voting system noone used. I have another idea for you that can be 100 times better -

Let each player be elected as president ( mayor or whatever ) of Chernorus not by human voting ( they r too lazy to vote anyway ) but by political points. Each city on Chernarus ( Chernogorsk, Elektrozovodsk, Stary Sobor etc ) has it's political points. Any civ can buy 1 political point in any city for, let';s say, $10000.Big city like Chernogorsk might have 10 political points but little vilage such as Petrovka has just 2 points. I'm playing civ and I want to be elected as President. Now I have goal - to buy as many political points as possible and do it faster then others ...here you go, now I have my GOAL and i'm trying to earn as many $$$$ as possible to buy political points in different cities to to be elected. And the easy way to get money is crime but if police catch me I loose my political points. Here you go - now there is a logic for me to play your mission if I wanna be elected as president and I'm rdy to spend my time playing it because I will get my fun in rushing for political career.

The other thing is - why should I be elected as President? What will I be able to do so I wish to go for Presidency? It was also my idea in SL that Mayor can create and change laws. Unfortunately, SL developers also ruined this idea. Noone cares about what Mayor does with his laws and this why Mayor has no respect in SL and noone even wants to be Mayor because of it. To change this situation in your mission President must have real power in his hands, so to use it ... other way there will be no logic to rush for election if person will not have real power after he/she becomes President.

Yes, this is role playing goal for your mission. I mean - real role playing goal. I'm playing some roleplay games ( sims3 and Pirates of the Carribbean are my favorites ) and I see that the success of this games is in little goals that gamer wants to reach. But it's always up to the gamer which goals he prefer to choose.

I've described you above the goal of political career. There also should be the same logical goal for business career as well. Not everybody will want to rush like crazy all over the Chernoruss to buy political points. Some of players will prefer to rush for building business. But you have to think goals for businessman and the most important - what businessman will do with his money ! If you are interested I can also share my ideas why and how to be businessman in CityLife.

Most of what you mention above is already in but not to spoil or give anything away.

Hence why I said Play as a citizen, roleplay to life what job or path you chose to take.

There are many jobs to do, but we don't have the political point system you mention above and I like the sound of that.

Hunting should take people lust away from killing each other and brings new ideas in for the job of a game warden etc etc...

Why do you need to have money? To get better items, better cars, own shops and buy houses. Just a small list.

I'll be perfectly honest and say not even I know the full extent to the mission code. ArMaTeC and DaChevs are the main coders and they have some things under their belt.

@MaxRiga: could it be you just dont like roleplay games?^^

Tobie, Bluevein and I have read over what Max has said, and if I may say, we both love it. If you have a hard time seeing people complain about the way SL/Chernarus Life is run, then please stop reading this topic.

Drop me or DaChevs a PM max of your ideas.

Please don't expect them in the initial release as by the sounds of it there will be allot of codeing, but I can assure you, we misunderstood what you were initially saying until this post.

Cheers.

Tobie, Bluevein and I have read over what Max has said, and if I may say, we both love it. If you have a hard time seeing people complain about the way SL/Chernarus Life is run, then please stop reading this topic.

ok i didnt read his whole post. i only wrote that because he was complaining about role play mods generally (at the first part at least:rolleyes:). it has nothing to do with SL/CL and i dont care if people are complaining about it (its not my mod:p).

if he made some good suggestions its ok^^

I admit that SL was ruined by the kids who just wanted to shoot cops but you must remember - the OCCASIONAL shootout can be very fun. I remember an instance in CL1 where I arrested a guy and 2 other cops showed up at the prison because it was a slow night. That didn't last long! Turns out the guy we arrested had 4 or 5 pals that had pistols, a sniper rifle, and a couple of assault rifles. For an hour/hour and a half we turned that prison into the Alamo. We lost 2 men but managed to get some help when 2 other officers came up in a SWAT humvee, broke through the gate, and jumped out and ran into the building. I was the last officer left and I'm slightly ashamed to admit this but I had to shoot our prisoner right before his friends stormed the building.

I would love to see business and political options for civs but please leave the option for "gangs" open. Just make it where the civs may have to play for a day or two (Real Time) to get the cash to get their weapons. That way we can have shootouts and car chases every now and then but it's hard enough where the smacktards will probably give up before they acquire weapons.

all pay is real time, no auto pay.

Every $ you earn if from a practical job.

Everything is saved, money, car, location, inventory, shops owned and weapons.

There is no Gang options. That will have to be role played. We haven't focused on killing each other, and to use a weapon in the spawn areas will be pointless as your bullet will dissolve in the barrel, so point blank kills cant be achieved.

Trust me, you will be catching the bus or using a bike for a few days before you can afford a weapon, and then someone has to own the weapon shop, isn't cheap.

The best thing ever if a mission can satisfy different kind of players. And I believe it's possible to do with CityLife.

Let's don't forget that the mission is based on Arma2 community which one used to play combats. So, gangs or combats were the main reason why this people are here!

Personally, I don't think that crime ( the way it was in Sahrani Life ) is any interesting. For me it sounds more fun – Army/Police vs Revolutionary ( let's consider that revolutionary means the same crime BUT they do crime for their reason - to make revolution ). In this case crime has it's own goal - to overpower the existing government. So, government forces as well as police must stop this crime to keep the government alive. So, President of Chernarus should really think many steps ahead to protect Chernarus from revolution and avoid of his population to support Revolutionary forces. Revolutionists can have money ONLY from civs! So, if you are rich civ your money are most interesting for revolutionists. They can come and take it or you can give it them because you don’t like your President rules ;) If any civ supports revolution ( there might be many reasons to do that, for example, Revolution can make him more rich! ) than police can arrest this civ as well as any crime .. so, now it’s real headache for President – from one side rich people is better for Chernorus ( taxes ) from other side police must be very concern about where rich people go and how they spend their money ;)

For those players who's coming just to "kill'em all" it's the best situation ever! Because they joining Revolutionists right away and are free to kill/terror ...but, revolutionists must also be aware of regular civs because civ's do care about their business and they don't want to be destroyed by revolution!

In this kinds of scheme/plan everybody is having fun in Chernarus -

1- civ's NEED protection of police from terrorists/revolutionist and they DO respect police now

2- police now HAS real support and respect of their government and population of Chernarus

3- revolutionists ( crime ) is FREE to do anything but they will always be outlaws .. until they destroy army and kill President ... If they finally taking control of the island they share ALL money of Chernarus population ;)

... sounds fun, a?

-----------------------

added - revolutions can build and live in camps like in warfare mission. So, regular army of President must seek and destroy this camps. Only President can buy good weapon on tax money of Chernarus. Revolutionists can buy weapon only on money that was taken from civ's. Now there will be combats, special operations, terrorism, business, politic ..everything in CityLife of Chernarus :)))

Edited by MaxRiga

Sounds great.

@Bluevein: I wasn't talking about a gang option I was simply asking you to keep the option for people to make their own by getting guns and biding their time. Which you just answered in your last post. thanks!

As i have not posted here yet ill give ya a quick update of what we have just implemented this week

1. Added House Buying (all living homes on Chernarus can now be purchased and re-purchased) all lots are saved to database in case of server crash

2. All cash values no matter how big are shown corrected and not displayed as powers of.

3. Fixed Fully automated bus service system

4. MP compatible Fireworks system(Items in your inventory)

5. Added a Low jack system so you can track all your owned vehicles

6. Massive code optimizations and tweaks

There is lots more i could post here but i wanna leave lots for new players to find when we go public.

Any how just a quick update

wow awesome!

are you using the houses on the map or did you additionally make some by yourself?

Preplaced buildings ATM until i have time to convert and update the construction site.

Basically what i have done is add 1700 buildings to an array stored on the server on server init my script runs and configs all buildings in 5 seconds then every time a building is purchased a logic on the server then updates the array and triggers a refresh and it re-runs the marker updater.

Each building that can be purchased will get an option to save other members can then re-purchased the building and stop them from saving there in the future.

All buildings are priced via its size (real world prices kinda).

I can't speak. So my smileys will do it for me.

:yay::beeeers::partytime::icon_dj:

It's been a while since I played CL1. This looks awesome.

wow looks nice! ... maybe you should lower the ambient light (just a thought).

how it's going people? there some more little ideas -

1- Marriage! I was thinking about - how to make personal responsibility for City Life players so they will play more accurate and be more social and i found out that it can be marriage. For example - only married person can become President or Chief of police or somebody else. But marriage is not just a woman that u can give any orders ( a player can use his wife ( or husband ) as usually u r using any units by commands F# ) but if your wife is killed ( by crime or accidentally ) when you loose a half of all you money/wealth! So, in this case it's going to be really pain in the ass to take care of your business and your family! Also, an unit "wife" can be kidnapped ( special script for wife unit only ) by crime and they can demand ransom. So, it's going to be up to a player does he want to loose his wife and a half of his wealth ( and may be even lost his president election because of it ) or he can just pay ransom and keep playing.

There will be more job for police. They can find out kidnapped unit and get additional bonuses for successful operation :)

2- real estate doesn't look any logical in City Life, because having a house is not any interesting. Just imagine, you are coming to play City Life for getting money and reaching your little goals, why u need any house to sit in it ??? So, another my idea is buying houses to collect rent from it's inhabitants. For example, each house has it's price and you can buy it. It can be big building with 20 apartments or just one family countryside house. Well, you can buy this countryside house for $100 000 and a family that lives there ( it's not arma units, it's just scripted amount of inhabitants that kinda live in the house ) they pay rent to you, for example, 3% of the total amount of the house price. Well, it's not really good investment for fast money, but if u own most of the buildings in Chernogorsk u can live happy .. until revolutionaries come and blow up all ur buildings :)))) I can imagine how real estate owners will pray on police to keep their estate save and protected :)))

Edited by MaxRiga

lol yes and the people can discuss if homosexual marriages should be allowed or notzahn.gif

real estate could be used as storage. i dont know whats it like in city life when you disconnect where do you put your stuff? is there something like a storage like in SL?

and maybe you could make another need like eating, drinking etc - to have to sleep.

another reason to have a home.

all pay is real time, no auto pay.

Every $ you earn if from a practical job.

i like this but the problem is in SL when they made a update most of the player where losing there stuff money cars all. that y i stop playing SL

i hope you guys will have a fix.

i like this but the problem is in SL when they made a update most of the player where losing there stuff money cars all. that y i stop playing SL

i dont know what you mean^^ you have to store your stuff everytime you log out. so when they are about to restart the server you have to store your stuff and log out. then everything is saved. except the server crashes (what happened very often in SL) then you loose everything since the last save.

does it increase the connecting time to the server? in SL the connects were already very long. how does that work?

i dont know what you mean^^ you have to store your stuff everytime you log out. so when they are about to restart the server you have to store your stuff and log out. then everything is saved. except the server crashes (what happened very often in SL) then you loose everything since the last save.

does it increase the connecting time to the server? in SL the connects were already very long. how does that work?

every time they Update SL Version in Arma 1 someone lost something mostly all the stuff it was in the storage but the money in bank was not.

i am not talking about server crash and all that.

How it works:

Before you leave a game go to a save point.

When you leave the game/server crash/server restart

Car is removed (You can only own 3)

When you re-join, login, it puts you back in the last saved location, weapon in your hand/holster,money restored to your bank/pocket & car respawns where you left it with any item in the trunk still there.

Hope this clears things up.

Still in WIP but ArMaTeC is getting the CCTV system installed around the map

Key features:

Full cam control with mouse

zoom

Object tracking

Model and animated cam towers

5oYqclAFlVw