Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

City Life 2 RPG MOD (WIP)

If you like roleplaying this game if for you.

It will be an immense amount of fun to play and theres progress to be made, so you can have some sort of accomplishment to work towards.

Goals specifically there arent really any, except to have fun. If you enjoy having fun this game will work for you and youll love it.

It will be a tough start, since we have made it realistic to earn money, but once you get fun it will be nice.

I have been beta-testing for quite some time and If its fun playing with a small amount of people, it can only get better once there are more!

there ARE goals in any rpg game. it might be called little missions or story line but the game without goal is pointless. It waste of time if you play as bus driver to earn money just to get enough to buy heli or AK74 for killing cops ... not sure if you understand what I mean.

yes there are no set goals, only the ones you create for yourself and the others will follow.

This will be roleplay at its best and I'm sure no matter what if you give it a chance, you will be rewarded greatly and accomplish the goal set out by every game to have LOADS of FUN

post #4 in this thread

the problem with Sahrani life in Arma1 was that the mission was .. pointless. I advised them a lot of good ideas and some of them they used ( governor, governor voting, chief of police, production of goods and some more ) but in general they paid too much attention on little details instead of developing mission goals so as result their mission become less popular among adult players and more kids were coming just to bomb and kill all around. Other words they destroyed their own mission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1479458&postcount=4

-------------------------------------

I think if not OA this mission would be out in 6 more months. Not sure how many people will play it now but I hope they will because as I see there was HUGE work. Hopefully, this mission will succeed and will not be pointless. So far I don’t see it interesting because I see no goals for any role but you never know before you try personally. Looking forward to try it.

1) As we said before - if you don't like it no one is forcing you to play

2) OA has been talked about and more than likely implemented after initial release as more people get it.

Finally, it is almost here! :) Time to make room on my HDD.

@Max, I see what you mean but I think this is what interests people about this mod. Most all RPGs are linear. Sure you have choices and missions but they all lead you to a conclusion. This is more in line with the Second Life concept, minus the money sink. You create the story line, it isn't already written for you. What you do matters, and what others do matters.

Talking of HDD space, you will be getting around unzipped 4.5GB's of custom addons ;) just to warn you off.

So when we say City Life RPG MOD, it really is a MOD, not just a mission :D

Finally, it is almost here! :) Time to make room on my HDD.

@Max, I see what you mean but I think this is what interests people about this mod. Most all RPGs are linear. Sure you have choices and missions but they all lead you to a conclusion. This is more in line with the Second Life concept, minus the money sink. You create the story line, it isn't already written for you. What you do matters, and what others do matters.

hey, you r absolutely right when u saying - choices and missions .. lead to conclusion. Unfortunately, this mod makers same as C.L didn't get it.

Blackfox34 was right when he was saying that rpg games has no borders or limits of game play. But it only looks like this for gamers. If you want to upgrade your character level and kill somebody - it is mission + goal. The conclusion is you are winner or looser. If you win you can came up with new decisions which ones gonna be new missions + goals. So, in rpg games players can choose their own missions and goals. That's great but game/mission developers responsibility to make it possible to choose different missions and goals.

The problem with this mod ( I haven't played it yet but I can see it already ) that every player will come up with the same mission and goal = earn money to kill cops. That's so primitive that I do not feel like downloading 4gb to play parody on Cherno Life mission.

Somewhere in the beginning of this thread I tried to explained to i3luevein and Co that it's very easy to make this mission really great. All they have to do is to let people to play something else but not just = earn money + kill cops. I'm saying about general game play. Unfortunately, i3luevein said i'm "bitching" so I don't want to speak about this any more. I guess they think that creating fire truck or bus driver job will make their mission any different from Cherno life. Well, that's sad they think this way.

So, when you said "You create the story line, it isn't already written for you. What you do matters, and what others do matters." you are right, but there should be the space to "create the story line". How different you story line in City Life be compared to Cherno Life? :))) You earn money as bus driver ( taxi driver in cherno life ) to get pistol to kill cops and other civs. That's it. But Cherno life is 1mb mission and this mod 4GB. That's different.

Once again, plz, read my post #4 - http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1479458&postcount=4

There is everything the perfect mission can find = game logic, missions + goals for endless game play.

-----------------------

There is good idea how to bring absolutely new great political system into City Life - http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1495608&postcount=77

Edited by MaxRiga

What I find is sad is that you still come to this thread and make the same sad statements.

If we sat the and scripted in loads of different goals, and as you said "developers responsibility to make it possible to choose different missions and goals."

Why is it our responsibility? Do you have no imagination? Do you lack the ability to use the tools we have provided to set your own goals rather than to earn money and kill cops.

What is an RPG = Roll Playing Game! Ours is based on the back bone of a combat simulator, so when you eventually get a gun, what do you want to do with it? Play tennis or sort you and your pals out with some goal that you thought up? Or even Follow a way-point to a set goal where you have to grow drugs, kill police, rob someone or even help an old granny cross the road and follow every thing like a sheep?

Or would you rather - use your own imagination in a real time situation, face people that are real and have fun setting your own goals?

Look at Other RPG's not based on a combat simulator?

WOW, = World of War Craft - never played it myself, but using the simple 3 letter word, war I can only presume it involves kicking ass. Maybe some gathering, talking to your virtual friends, working as a team to do some things, get stronger and kill some enemies? Who knows just a guess.

Others I have seen on you tube involve gathering some sort of potion to build up your special powers to only get strong then kick some ass and have fun.

Holey shit, looks like most RPG's involve killing people, where the story line is built around what the player chose's to do, so forgive us for spending over 2 years creating something that you don't like, or maybe something you could create better?

So what I am saying, if you want to have fun, want to interact with people on your wave length in the game you enjoy, want to down load some cool addons that will transfer your ARMA 2 from solely Combat simulator, then please down load and come join us.

If you would rather play a mission with goals that a dictated to you when, where and what,then go play Evo or Domination.

Damn isn't ARMA 2 a versatile game Max!

You dont just get money to kill cops. You have got to look at this mod as a "Real life" Mod.

if you mindlessly just kill cops for no reason what so ever, well then your not gonna be a part of the great community, that has been established by the team.

You have got to play this mod, as if you where your character. you dont get out with a shotgun to shoot a cop for a traffic ticket. you wouldn do that in real life.

The idea behind this mod is to make a great mod, for alot of people to interact with eachothers, that being making gangs, marking your turf, killing other gang members, its cool, even rob the bank,and hope you get away with it. But you dont just go buy a gun, then go "Police hunting".

Secondly, you don't know anything about this mod, so please be open minded to it, its a great mod, its was a great mod in arma 1 and it is now.

i3luevein: outstanding, can't wait to test it out with my team.

This seems like an interesting mod. I have a question that I didn't see in the various pages that I read. Will this mod be able to track progress of players somehow? IE a player leaves the server and returns the next day to begin where they left off as far as rank/position? Or will it be a system that only works for the duration of that individuals time on the server then resets?

Sorry if this was already asked/answered.

Thanks,

Mike.

@Max, what I was getting at is that the players create the missions themselves. Is it a possibility that tweaks will need to be made in the future, but that is understandable as release to the public always brings up unknown issues. You make your own missions though, say you are a gang at war with another gang and you decide to try and hijack their shipment or some other such thing. True, there will be people that just want to make some cash and then kill cops but that will come down to moderation and how well people want to role play.

@Spyder Yes it is saved off server so the data is preserved.

to i3luevein

Why is it our responsibility?

Because you are responsible for your mission, lol. If you don't care about it then it's ok.

Do you have no imagination?

Most of my ideas now in Cherno Life and I advised you many things how to greatly improve your mission game play.. not sure that I have no imagination, lol

Do you lack the ability to use the tools we have provided to set your own goals rather than to earn money and kill cops.

Here we go ... you call it "tools", ok, my point is - YES, you have not created good tools to make your mission good playing rpg style. It's still just "earn money and kill cops" way. You will see when people join your mission all they will do is just killing each another. I can predict it easily because, once again, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO !!! And my point was - guys, provide "more tools" for gamers to play like in real life. Without little missions and goals you can't do this. And I even described you many "tools" such as arrest points, political points, revolutionary way of playing and many more. Those tools will reduce chances that people will be bored during game play of ur mission. When people bored they start kill each another for fun. This what's gonna happen in ur mission.

to Dwayne

I'd love to see this mission without guns at all. I don't like Cherno Life gang style missions. You missed the whole point - I do not want to see City Life another chaos brutal violence mission as Cherno Life. But i3luevein and Co can't think and predict two steps ahead and now I really worry that City Life game play will be no different from Cherno Life game play - long, boring and with many kids that having fun killing each another.

Max, I really wish you would stop posting your BS about City Life. If YOU want to see it a certain way, then YOU get off your ass and make it. ok?

Max, I really wish you would stop posting your BS about City Life. If YOU want to see it a certain way, then YOU get off your ass and make it. ok?

+1 on that comment.

Yes, all of your progress is saved, even when the server does shut down/restart. You may save all your progress by saving your game via the save points located around the map.

captur10.png

If you purchase a house then also get your own storage trunk and save point located at that house, which you can use.

to i3luevein

Because you are responsible for your mission, lol. If you don't care about it then it's ok.

Most of my ideas now in Cherno Life and I advised you many things how to greatly improve your mission game play.. not sure that I have no imagination, lol

Here we go ... you call it "tools", ok, my point is - YES, you have not created good tools to make your mission good playing rpg style. It's still just "earn money and kill cops" way. You will see when people join your mission all they will do is just killing each another. I can predict it easily because, once again, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO !!! And my point was - guys, provide "more tools" for gamers to play like in real life. Without little missions and goals you can't do this. And I even described you many "tools" such as arrest points, political points, revolutionary way of playing and many more. Those tools will reduce chances that people will be bored during game play of ur mission. When people bored they start kill each another for fun. This what's gonna happen in ur mission.

to Dwayne

I'd love to see this mission without guns at all. I don't like Cherno Life gang style missions. You missed the whole point - I do not want to see City Life another chaos brutal violence mission as Cherno Life. But i3luevein and Co can't think and predict two steps ahead and now I really worry that City Life game play will be no different from Cherno Life game play - long, boring and with many kids that having fun killing each another.

This guy does have a point though. this mod needs to have some sort of objective and mission that you can follow. even Sims 3 has objectives that your sim can follow.

This guy does have a point though. this mod needs to have some sort of objective and mission that you can follow. even Sims 3 has objectives that your sim can follow.

Sims 3 is not using a combat simulator as its back bone.

You can follow a mission, one you chose to do, you do have objectives, ether set them for yourself or work on something with someone.

If you need direction on how to play then City Life isn't for you, but for the other 1,131 members in our community with 215 active at this current time, I will see what they think and listen to their suggestions once they play it. ;)

I have been having alot of RL issues lately, but I'll definitely start playing again. was sad when you guys closed the A1 server. If I can still remember my password I'll post on the site sometime this week.

Sims 3 is not using a combat simulator as its back bone.

You can follow a mission, one you chose to do, you do have objectives, ether set them for yourself or work on something with someone.

If you need direction on how to play then City Life isn't for you, but for the other 1,131 members in our community with 215 active at this current time, I will see what they think and listen to their suggestions once they play it. ;)

yea but sims 3 is more "do whatever u like" sort of game and even that has objectives to keep your sim busy.

What this mod could have is simple ones really like if your a police man for instance, there should be objectives such as, capture and arrest 5 bad guys. little ones like that gives people a general idea on what they can do.

I dont think their has ever been a RPG game that diddnt have "no" objectives at all.

I will still give this mod a go. it deserves a play test. i just feel that a bit of objectives could make this mod even better.

Any ETA on when we can all play it? Can you give me a closed beta invite please ;)

Any ETA on when we can all play it? Can you give me a closed beta invite please ;)

We are starting to ease players on to the server this week. Basically you have to be willing to

*Join our forums so you have relevant information available to you

*Submit and application for beta (16+ please)

*Join teamspeak using a working microphone

*Speak to myself or a member of the team

*Finally play the mod and help us finish it.

We are looking for genuine testers and people that want to help.

If you fit the criteria jonney come along.

As Dan said, every one registered on our webpage has been sent an invitation

Is there still room for testers?