Sign in to follow this  
i3luevein

City Life 2 RPG MOD (WIP)

Cheers vilas! Thanks for your hard work too! :)

Yes, ArMaTeC has converted and fixed nearly everything from ArmA to ArmA 2 and it's coming along nice now. I'm helping him with some bugs and we are currently beta testing.

Tobie I must ask you to cut the discussions of Chernarus Life (or other) in this topic.

Voting as of now is:

Players can vote in any civilian to be senator, once someone is voted in, they can change laws and taxes on vehicles and weapons.

Thanks,

DaChevs

Edited by DaChevs

@MaxRiga: the fake versions are a stolen SL version 1.25 (it has nothing to do with rp-mods!!)... and now they got already 1.69. many things have changed since 1.25.

i still don't see it in my multiplayer lobby !!! May be they closed their server ?

Players can vote in any civilian to be senator

please, check out what "Senator" means before you gonna create such position it in your mission :)))

once someone is voted in, they can change laws and taxes on vehicles and weapons.

and? you think this will make this mission/mod interesting right away? it's been already in SL/CL for the past year, or more, and it didn't help it to be any better. Voting and changing laws are just little details for the mission, but as I said before, decoration of walls and windows will not make this mission any good if there is no house base ...

The meaning of a word is trivial. Chevs was answering a question that I put to him about voting on the page before as i have been unable to test it.

I suppose its a bit like we have UK police colour cars and US style police and another type of EMT, its trivial and we can call/make it look how we like.

Who cares if it have been in SL? really who does? There is no comparison between the two missions apart from the fact we have used the ARMA game engine to make an RPG.

This is where the problems may stem from, if you have a bad taste in you mouth from a previous bad experience with SL, come to us and try and compare the two with out giving it a chance to grow then as far as I'm concerned don't bother.

People working night and day, coding, testing etc.. in their free time Just to have some nerd come online and destroy it wont happen, I can assure you that! We listen to our forum, and tailor things as best we can to keep it level, realistic and as close to the suggestion as possible without destroying our essential "goal" Role Play.

how many jobs are there for civs in city life2? i had an idea for a taxi service which i think could work. people buy a taxi for themselves and drive it around. people can call a taxi with the support menu or summat and the closest taxi to there position is automatically called. This removes the need for taxi HQ. the tariff rate could be changed by the "senator" or wutever you decide to call it.

Currently there are

Bus

Taxi

RepoMan

Pilot Instructor

Street Sweeper

Fisherman

Hunter

Resource gatherer

Mafia/Crime

The taxi has a built in meeter system you can turn on and off to bill your customers.

Edited by i3luevein

MaxRiga, your really starting to annoy me. For one, both me and Bluevein asked for the discussions of CL/SL in this post to be stopped, and you continue to talk about it, do I need to bring a moderator here? And two, you are on here, talking about roleplaying and you think that changing laws is nothing? So you don't know how to roleplay?

Vino3, at the moment the taxi service works a bit like what you were saying. Someone has to get a taxi job (which gives them a taxi), then they can turn the fare on or off. Any passenger that exits the vehicle whilst the fare is on, is charged the fare. :)

Edited by DaChevs

USA server please, i hate the 100+ ping i get in german servers

This is where the problems may stem from, if you have a bad taste in you mouth from a previous bad experience with SL, come to us and try and compare the two with out giving it a chance to grow then as far as I'm concerned don't bother.

oh yeah! this why i'm here, I really hope that your mission will be finally good Arma RPG mission! But phrases like this are making me worry -

And two, you are on here, talking about roleplaying and you think that changing laws is nothing?

... I think I have nothing to add, I just wait for ur release!

at the moment the taxi service works a bit like what you were saying. Someone has to get a taxi job (which gives them a taxi), then they can turn the fare on or off. Any passenger that exits the vehicle whilst the fare is on, is charged the fare.

sounds great! this mod is sounding better each time i visit the forums

USA server please, i hate the 100+ ping i get in german servers

Hi mate, To begin with the Server is in Europe. We do have a US server (Thanks to Jimmy) which will be implemented soon after initial release.

Then I suppose it's linking in the stats between the 2 servers :eek:

Edited by i3luevein

is it at all possible to have an aus server...dont go out of your way to do so but it may be an idea if the % of arma 2 players in aus is high enough (i have no idea if arma 2 is popular in aus or not).

is it at all possible to have an aus server...dont go out of your way to do so but it may be an idea if the % of arma 2 players in aus is high enough (i have no idea if arma 2 is popular in aus or not).
'twould be nice for an Australian/Pacific server, but not much people really care enough to open a server for us :(.

Anyway, the mod looks good, reminds me of the RP mods for Garry's Mod.

I never played RP mods much in A1 but all this efforts deserve a plause non the less :) good work.

@Fudgeblood:

Why on earth do you have an italian ex minister on your avatar :D

@Fudgeblood:

Why on earth do you have an italian ex minister on your avatar :D

For the lulz, and I'm actually Italian myself.

all of our servers are from 1&1 hosting. I don't think they have an ozzy rack.

But as Time go's on, and if its popular enough there is nothing stopping a ozzy server owner who hosts arma 2 requesting to host it from us.

Really appreciate it guys, thanks! :)

LOL Fudgeboy and UglyBoy!

Edited by DaChevs

sounds good! anyhow, wats the progress with that beta testing? hows the mod going overall?

sounds good! anyhow, wats the progress with that beta testing? hows the mod going overall?

Going really well, had a slight set back as ArMaTeC has been ill but he's back on form now.

Little update for you from a suggestion of a trucking/delivery job in our forums.

After seeking permission from sigma to use his vehicle pack on the grounds we port and make his entire vehicle pack public for ARMA 2 (Coldfuse is on the case) and asking rundll.exe to implement his tow script a job is born.

Still WIP and rough around the edges but this what I got so far:

SKdvgEiGmz0

looks good. will there be house construction like in CL 1? (saw a youtube vid), that would be really cool, i never played CL 1 so yeh this is going to be a new experience. i hope it works out well.

Edited by Vino3

looks good. will there be house construction like in CL 1? (saw a youtube vid), that would be really cool, i never played CL 1 so yeh this is going to be a new experience. i hope it works out well.

I'm afraid this area is not at the top of the list at the moment, DaChevs seems to have lost interest in the idea.

Besides that the progress is going really well and I was very happy with tests conducted last night. A little bit more ironing, tweaking and testing under stress and should be ready for a little alpha release.

Don't ask when this will be though :yay:

ok no alpha questions yet. i really like that delivery company "terminator deliveries"...thats a good one :D