Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC Maule M7 (Civilian/Ski Plane)

The only problem I found was that when someone walks into the prop the blood on the glass looks white inside the cockpit.

Fantastic little plane. I missed OFPs Cessna.

One problem though: Remove the Autopilot thingy. AI made so many PIOs it made me sick :D On long final everything looked nice. Short final and PIOs was all over the place. Came in too low, stall horn yelling at four red PAPIs, which was still very far away mind you. Now AI went throttle maniac to compensate, then decided on a go around (and I couldn't agree more at the time). Downwind was too close and too low. Turned base and repeat from start, a few times.

Decided that this was a no go, but I couldn't find any way to turn off "landing autopilot" (heh, in real life this is usually the stage of the flight that doesn't have autopilot, if at all :D). The only way to get AI to land, was to shut off the engine. Boy did she float, forever :) Not a three wheeler, and ended up in something I can best describe as a ground loop. There exist two kinds of tail dragger pilots - those who have done a ground loop, and those who will :D

Nice detail with the controls being animated.

A request if I may: Something other than fully white would be nice. Greyish? Sky blue? Arma2 messes up these bright colors when post processing is enabled. Looked like a flying glowstick.

looking at screen with this plane i could think it is real-life photo, it so realistic looking, like it is not game but photo from life :)

Hopefully damage model will be added and these gfx glitches fixed.

Yeah, OFP Cessna rocked... I remeber when I've been flying with 3 squad buddies onboard and we spotted Shilka (better: it spotted us) and we had to crash land on a beach, we were all sweating like pigs :) heh

Great plane:cool:

Only thing i would change is to make it on the civillian side

I'll agree that you should move it from the blufor side to the civilians next update.

But, on using the landing autopilot on approach to the airfield, the AI decided that it needed to A. repeatedly overcompensate when rolling in order to modify the flight path on approach B. rely on stalling (it slowed down to at least 120, but no lower) in order to set the wheels on the ground.

Because the stall speed is so low, I think the AI hits its lower speed limit on landing, and normally relies on stalling to actually get the wheels on the ground at that point. The issue really, is that the Maule's stall speed is so low that it never gets there.

And I don't quite know the cause of the approach-overcompensation roll. I've seen it happening with the GLT F-16 too. It may be the responsiveness of the aircraft, it may be something you have no control over.

Still, iron out issues in the model and textures, and this'd be perfect!

I just wish that your MH-53 hadn't gotten tangled up in ownership rights. I was looking forward to that. All the current ones out aren't the correct model I'm looking for, or of the quality you have in the Maule.

Beautiful aircraft. :cool: Found a small error. During start up, the prop spins the wrong way.

have been testing this alot recently and found a few RPT issues that would be the cause of the bouncy aircraft

Strange convex component usec_maule\usec_maule.p3d in component01:geometryViewPilot
USEC_Maule_M7_STD: wheel_right_damper - unknown animation source damper

The plane is too bouncy :p i was taxing along Balota airfield. it was bouncing a huge amount and then suddenly it bounced and flipped onto its roof! please stop the bounce :p

The plane is too bouncy :p i was taxing along Balota airfield. it was bouncing a huge amount and then suddenly it bounced and flipped onto its roof! please stop the bounce :p

Well.....get ready to bounce. :D

BWuNCIvgWZQ

You can always post into released: Addon discussion threads.

The server key is a dead link, can you post a good link for the server key pls

Was there ever a destroyed texture/model update made for the Maule for when it crashes or is blown up? Excellent aircraft but shows no damage at all no mater what.

I send Rocket his MLOD back and he told me that there will be an update (along with wreck model). He gave me permission to use it for my addon, but I really would like him to update it first.

This is the second time this thread has been brought back from the dead, this time after a full year, and it is the last time. If Rocket wishes to post news or updates, it will be reopened at his request.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.