Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Campaign 2 Seal Team Six release!! (SP)

Victim, I know it's possible to kill the guys. It's just unrealistic, on your own. Kills the immersion for me. I just wiped em out with arty though, so it stayed realistic.

Just played thru the 3rd mission, on the Panthera island. Shit was epic.

The campaign is awesome so far, I hope there's more and more of these and they keep improving. Take these comments as constructive criticism, the sole reason I'm bothering to post is because of the potential there is in these missions. I won't go light with the criticism :)

Edited by Njayjay

@Tonci87 & Njayjay . Are you guys using the latest version of my campaign? If so do you like the Seal frogman suits in the covert missions or would you prefer the camo units?

For now it works fine with ACE

Are you saying that its possible to use the original A.C.E. mod with Arma 2?

an idea for your new campaign, have a mission where you as a SEAL fireteam have to protect a convoy, constantly clearing enemy towns/ or areas where the convoy has to travel. Once an area is clear, the convoy moves up (you radio it). its gotta reach its destination with its vehicles intact. but you dont walk infront of the convoy, your squad is on a hill, while the convoy drives along a road in the valley floor kinda thing.

Edited by steele6

an idea for your new campaign, have a mission where you as a SEAL fireteam have to protect a convoy, constantly clearing enemy towns/ or areas where the convoy has to travel. Once an area is clear, the convoy moves up (you radio it). its gotta reach its destination with its vehicles intact. but you dont walk infront of the convoy, your squad is on a hill, while the convoy drives along a road in the valley floor kinda thing.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the mission idea I will implement it in the next campaign. If anyone else has ideas for the next campaign I'd love to hear them. I'm trying to make the next one longer than the first two.

Sounds like a good mission idea. If the SEAL team has some kind of artillery or close air support at their disposal. Or like a large indigenous force to beef up the squad. 4-man teams clearing villages just doesn't cut it in the believability department.

Sick1: are there any plans to put your teams in Africa? I've heard Molatia is preparing an offensive in neighbouring Afrene :)

I'm in eagle claw now where u have to paint the armor for airstrikes at locations alpha and bravo. I've eliminated the armor at alpha but there is none at bravo. I scouted the whole area, called in airsrikes and wiped out the shack and the red car there, but there is no armor to be seen, and I can't get the objective to complete. How do i complete this?

Also, the airstrikes don't work half the time. I'll sit there aiming with my laser, waiting and waiting and the planes don't come. I have to try it a few times before it works. Also the laser marker isn't showing the red dot no matter how much I click. It worked fine once and bombs landed right on the dot but after that I haven't had any luck.

@Njayjay, I'm afraid that possibly you scared one of the two tanks and they booked it. The objective will complete when both tanks are destroyed. You might have to do a sweep of the area in hopes that you'll find it. This was one of the limitations of that mission. The airstrikes are a BIS problem. You don't have to keep the target painted. Whatever you lase when you call it in will be hit. If you look closely you can see a small little red light ball where you lase it. Also check the map.

@IceBreakr yea that would be sweet if a good map came along. Although they still have many ops planned for Panthera in the next campaing:)

Edited by Sick1

Man the New Seal Units rock! Keep them if the Seals are advancing from Sea, if not then it would propably be better to place the Camo Units, when inserting wia parachute for Exampl

Killed everyone and destroyed anything in HQ area but mission won't end... Alpha and Bravo are succesfully completed as for the power plant but there's something missing in hq area. Searching around but didn't find anything.... Any idea????:confused:

its a pity we cant atcually have an underwater mission and do dive work, like defusing a bomb under a boat and stuff.

Killed everyone and destroyed anything in HQ area but mission won't end... Alpha and Bravo are succesfully completed as for the power plant but there's something missing in hq area. Searching around but didn't find anything.... Any idea????:confused:

Usually people overlook that there is a man in a machine gun nest in the front that is easily missed. Also, someone else had this problem and it turned out to there was a guy hiding in the woods. The zone that needs to be cleared is a circle covering about 20 feet into the woods. Check these things out.

I'm on Op. Eagle Claw. I can get CAS to bomb once and further calls yield no planes. I think they shot down.

Also the C-130 never shows up even on the first call.

I'm using SLX if that helps.

@Njayjay, I'm afraid that possibly you scared one of the two tanks and they booked it. The objective will complete when both tanks are destroyed. You might have to do a sweep of the area in hopes that you'll find it. This was one of the limitations of that mission. The airstrikes are a BIS problem. You don't have to keep the target painted. Whatever you lase when you call it in will be hit. If you look closely you can see a small little red light ball where you lase it. Also check the map.

So if I laze a moving tank, will it still be hit? Like the APC patrolling the road in the first town?

I just continued to play Seal Team Six 2 and I saw that you removed medics. Why? Please include Medics in your upcoming Campaign

Yes there where snipers in the woods. This mission is now over...next one is almost impossible! how to hold the town til the arrive of the APC (6min) with so many enemies? trying and trying but no results...

I finished the campaign, and I have to say that I was kind off disapointed by the last mission. It wasn´t really epic like the last one from the first campaign. I´m looking forward to Seal Team Six 3

I finished the campaign, and I have to say that I was kind off disapointed by the last mission. It wasn´t really epic like the last one from the first campaign. I´m looking forward to Seal Team Six 3

Yeah bro, I promise the next one is gonna be the best of them all. Oh and sorry about removing some of the medics. It's primarily because the wet suit seals just have one class. Wish there were all classes for the wet suits so it would balance it out. Don't worry though the next campaign will have them.

@Njayjay sadly the answer is no. Where ever you point at that's what gets killed. Check your map for the exact position. One thing you could try though is sniping the guy that sticks his head out. This will cause them to dismount.

@skooma eventually a strike will happen, just have to be patient. If you don't feel like waiting though, I placed anti armor crated near each objective in the towns.

Glad to hear that. O And for some reason the Enemy reinforcements didn´t arrive after the Alarm was sounded. Maybe this would have helped to make the Mission more epic

Glad to hear that. O And for some reason the Enemy reinforcements didn´t arrive after the Alarm was sounded. Maybe this would have helped to make the Mission more epic

Yeah sometime the Ai drives like an old lady.

I was playing arma1 yesterday( forgive me, i aint got arma2 yet) and i found an idea quite fun:

Have a GBU droppable plane fly around the mission area( say ur fireteam is supporting a town attack and your team is on a hill sniping)

You gotta laser a tank to clear the LZ, and then you call in the airboune teams ( in choppers) and they land and attack a town or area.

your fireteam supports the attack from the hill,

however, the GBU plane is flying around ( in my mission on rahmadi, i could practically laser any target and eventually, the plane would bomb it) so wouldnt it be cool if you have the GBU plane so you can laser targets for it. that way, make it more challenging, have more tanks come streaming out of the town or area and you gotta laser them b4 they wipe out your airbourne assaulting force.

remember the GBU plane is not a support option in the radio, its already there flying around

I was playing arma1 yesterday( forgive me, i aint got arma2 yet) and i found an idea quite fun:

Have a GBU droppable plane fly around the mission area( say ur fireteam is supporting a town attack and your team is on a hill sniping)

You gotta laser a tank to clear the LZ, and then you call in the airboune teams ( in choppers) and they land and attack a town or area.

your fireteam supports the attack from the hill,

however, the GBU plane is flying around ( in my mission on rahmadi, i could practically laser any target and eventually, the plane would bomb it) so wouldnt it be cool if you have the GBU plane so you can laser targets for it. that way, make it more challenging, have more tanks come streaming out of the town or area and you gotta laser them b4 they wipe out your airbourne assaulting force.

remember the GBU plane is not a support option in the radio, its already there flying around

Sound like a mission. I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks.

Hm was hoping for some more teams this time. Kinda feeling lonely out there vs the tanks and 100 men. Doubt IRL that the army would send out a squad of 5 or 1 to eliminate a whole bataljon pluss some tanks.

2nd mission was all rambo until I found out I could call in for air support. Used that to clear the Air base and the town. (poor civilianz, but its the american way).

Still impressive though keep up the good work but please add more teams to make it more realistic ;)