Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

I can confirm this.

Also, the burst fire on the BMP-2 (30mm high rate of fire) is only a single sound, instead of a burst. It will fire about 5 shots, but you'll hear only one 'bang'.

Using latest ACE2.

All vehicles with the 30mm on high have this problem... also noticed the KA-52 has the same problem when it fires its cannon on high...

problem is fixed when i disable this mod... :)

here is a good find for the m60 , i know the mic will be different in every video , but the m60 currently in the mod is lacking a punch that makes it so authentic.

I have been to a range with an m60 being fired and i can confirm that it sounds very different from many other machine guns. Almost a completely unique sound you dont hear in any other guns

@GuiltySpark: I noticed that video a couple days ago and - without real life experience of that weapon - I thought it was excellent. It reminds me of Full Metal Jacket or any other movie where the Machinegunner is the nasty motherf*****. :)

@GuiltySpark: I noticed that video a couple days ago and - without real life experience of that weapon - I thought it was excellent. It reminds me of Full Metal Jacket or any other movie where the Machinegunner is the nasty motherf*****. :)

aside from the mg42 and the m2 browning

the m60 machine gun is the most identifiable machine gun by sound alone

the m60 machine gun is the most identifiable machine gun by sound alone

Definitely true, it's got its own voice and the rate of fire is particular as well..it's got its own groove :)

It reminds me of Full Metal Jacket or any other movie where the Machinegunner is the nasty motherf*****. :)

you mean like me...errr Animal Mother ? :p

full-metal-jacket-300x224.jpg

M60 ftw. CSM ftw as well.

Edited by AnimalMother92

here is a good find for the m60 , i know the mic will be different in every video , but the m60 currently in the mod is lacking a punch that makes it so authentic.

I have been to a range with an m60 being fired and i can confirm that it sounds very different from many other machine guns. Almost a completely unique sound you dont hear in any other guns

Don't worry about the M60, I have it taken care of, I 've got several M60 sounds, tis basically like an M240

you mean like me...errr Animal Mother ?

AM, that was exactly what I meant. Actually my entire post was trying to lure you out to prove my theory with something as effective as your post :)

Playing ARMA2 online the other night with my 15th MEU (SOC) buddies after a particularly intense little firefight (no FRAPS sorry) the comments were like this:

"I love Chammy's"

"Yeah, me too, I love Chammy's and ACE"

"Yeah, Chammy's and ACE and Zeus AI"

"Chammy's is great"

No real point to all this but I thought this thread needed a bump, hate to see it on page 2:D

Hey, why is it that everytime I save a mission with chammys and ACE_XM and ACE_core that I can never load up that mission again? It says this mission is dependant on ACE_WEP rifle etc etec. Frustrating.

you mean like me...errr Animal Mother ? :p

full-metal-jacket-300x224.jpg

M60 ftw. CSM ftw as well.

HAHA that made me chuckle..

I am having trouble installing this addon. Does anyone know where i can find a readme to install it properly? thanks.

Thanks guys! I was just telling a friend of mine "I suppose it's soon going to...WHOopS wait a sec!" :)

Yes i annoyed a ACE Dev mate of mine till he finally got Sickboy to put it up for us on Six-updater for us :) You can thx me later haha

Yes i annoyed a ACE Dev mate of mine till he finally got Sickboy to put it up for us on Six-updater for us :) You can thx me later haha

Do you know how much of a delay there will be between Chammy/Protegimus posting a new build and SIX having it?

So if i update my Ace ill get the chammy sounds?

Yes if you under configuration->preset has added the sound mod to be maintained by SIX updater :)

P.S. you might need to delete the current mod folder first, but updater will tell you :)

Edited by JW Custom

Thanks for the updates Chammy, and the integration with Six

Is there an update? Or your just thanking him for the past updates? lol

Hey OrdeaL, thanks for that, much appreciated and please thank Sickboy!

Is there an update? Or your just thanking him for the past updates? lol

Not that I know of, I have not stuck any updates yet.