Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

So is the update coming today?

I have some school work, so, release is postponed until next week :o

Nice work

Thanks

Here are some screens from coming update :)

110_release_AIImodule6_small.jpg 110_release_AIImodule9_small.jpg 110_release_AIImodule8_small.jpg

AII Underground - at night with AII Module, underground lights turned on

Ahhh why do you torture me!? Those look awesome!!

How many new things have been added/changed to the map? I'm so pumped to explore it.

Enad:

Not too much, mainly changes are in underground :)

This update is also update for data files of objects.. everything will be better and without bugs :)

I think, changelog will say more about this update...

I hope, that i will release update tomorrow :)

Namalsk island Version 1.10 is out :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks Sumrak :bounce3:

Details about 1.10 update..

New big patch for Namalsk island. Finally, after months of working on my mod i get some time also for island.

Included couple of changes (particullary based on reports by community). For more details, please, see changelog below..

New patch also changing appearance of underground, which have now also next floor. Mission makers are able to use module, which can spawn approximately 100 misc objects into underground.

For details about modules, included in this version, you can find more in MODULES section.

Details about 1.10 update

---------------------------

New big patch for Namalsk island. Finally, after months of working on my mod (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87625) i get some time also for island.

Included couple of changes (particullary based on reports by community). For more details, please, see changelog below..

New patch also changing appearance of underground, which have now also next floor. Mission makers are able to use module, which can spawn approximately 100 misc objects into underground.

New section on official website of the mod was also added - MODULES. Check http://www.nightstalkers.cz for more information about modules and their functions.

Changelog

------------

*Added: AII underground spawn module (spawns misc objects into undeground, you are also able to control lights there)

*Added: Extended underground of AII object, now with other floors (see details with release)

*Added: Added some objects to some locations, entrance to the AI and vehicle entrance to the AII object,..

*Added: New entrace in AII object into underground

*Added: Destruction animation for railroad bridge

*Added: Ambient sounds for Namalsk (global settings, local for island was buggy)

*Added: More penetration materials added onto parts of objects (glass, wood, iron..)

*Changed: Changed to a better structure of Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk mod, which is used by Namalsk

*Changed: Walking on objects have now a proper sound based on type of material (wood, plates, etc..)

*Changed: Namalsk is no longer default island

*Changed: Namalsk config adapted for further ArmA II patches (new cloads parametres)

*Changed: Rail-tunnels models reworked

*Changed: AI object have now geometry and better roadway lod

*Changed: Changed color of snow on satellite map (little)

*Changed: Improved color filters for Namalsk, now also with priority (def, defgray, cold <=> 1501, 1502, 1503)

*Fixed: Better bump maps for ground textures (particullary removes strange effect with old textures)

*Fixed: Issues with not working property "damage = no" in models, fixed by destrType="DestructNo"; in cfg

*Fixed: Tall grass model issue

*Fixed: Strange white artifact in lowres lod in small spruce model

*Fixed: AII underground is now darker and with shadows you get even better result

*Fixed: Improved configs (Thanks to Kju)

*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt related warnings to the Strange convex component

*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt related warnings to (class=house) missing object class

*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt related warnings to the updating base class

*Fixed: ArmA2.rpt should be now without any other warnings

*Fixed: Some object positions related issues (barrels in AII object, etc..)

*Fixed: Some issues related to the roadways on some objects

*Fixed: A lot of another tweaks in models (based on reports, thanks to reporters)

*Issue: There is unfor. still triangular poly bug on low terrain detail (engine bug), only solution is set to bigger terrain detail (normal settings is enough)

Namalsk island Version 1.10 is out

Thanks Sumrak :bounce3:

:D i'm glad, that someone know about my site also :p anyway, first post updated, added armaholic links, other links will come in moment ;)

Can someone rename topic name to Namalsk island, v1.10 ? :)

Thanks,

Sumrak

:D i'm glad, that someone know about my site also :p .....

Your work deserves that :cheers:

Hi Sumrak,

thanks a lot for this update. Absolutely great.

I cannot await the release of the Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification. The atmosphere on Namalsk is simply breathtaking.

Thx for the update.

Edited by jay316

Thank you!

But what's the batch file for and do I need to use it? I just want to manually extract the .pbos.

Sorry for asking such a dumb question but I didn't see a ReadMe in the DL.

Edited by Manzilla

Thank you!

But what's the batch file for and do I need to use it? I just want to manually extract the .pbos.

I have same question, though I didn't use the batch and it still seems to work normally.

Awesome update.

But I found a pretty major bug. The ambient sounds for Namlask now play on every island for me. And its quite annoying. Like on Island Jade Groove, it's so un-natural hearing this loud industrial buzzing sound. It's pretty bad, loud and noticeable. I really hope you can fix this asap because it really ruins the atmosphere on all missions that arent on Namlask. :(

that's driving me crazy!

hope it gets fixed.

Haven't tried, but if you send a group to the underground area, do they enter it?

Tell me about it!

It's so annoying...

Sorry to put this on your right away Sumrak, but it is a pretty significant bug and should be fixed ASAP.

Loving the underground tho. I wish there was a way you could make a module that would automatically populate it with Scientists and guards and stuff like that. Would be AWESOME.

Still trying to find the caves/underground?

Thought was around the sabjan mine site?

No doubt I will find it after posting this !!!

Thanks!

Also updated on Six Updater Network

sent 90605265 bytes received 233285 bytes 489695.69 bytes/sec

Thank you!

Its only for launching ArmaII with Namalsk, if you mean @Namalsk.bat

Awesome update.

But I found a pretty major bug. The ambient sounds for Namlask now play on every island for me. And its quite annoying. Like on Island Jade Groove, it's so un-natural hearing this loud industrial buzzing sound. It's pretty bad, loud and noticeable. I really hope you can fix this asap because it really ruins the atmosphere on all missions that arent on Namlask.

I know, but, there is problem, if i make some local env sounds, then i can't get working all types properly :( some sounds like in forest are ok, but, at the sea is silence, i don't know, why it is buggy, but, it is i wanted to of course make it local, but, how? :confused:

I tried this several with normal or betapatches, but, i really don't know, where is problem, because that config for sounds was ok, just only some sounds was not working and some yes..

Loving the underground tho. I wish there was a way you could make a module that would automatically populate it with Scientists and guards and stuff like that. Would be AWESOME.

This will be included in updated version of module AII in Shadow of Namalsk modification. ;)

Still trying to find the caves/underground?

Thought was around the sabjan mine site?

No doubt I will find it after posting this !!!

Search AII object on map - between Seraja and Nitija ;)

Edited by Sumrak

I found the AII location . . . but I can't find the entrance to the underground? I did include the AII Laboratory Module too . . .

the music is amazing, did you make it yourself?

the menu with the music and the map in the background really makes me wanna play it!

as for the island itself i like the grayness and ''hostility'' of its environment, though the snow looks weird. i bet it must be hard to make a snow map on a game based on chernarus ;) altogether a job well done

I know, but, there is problem, if i make some local env sounds, then i can't get working all types properly :( some sounds like in forest are ok, but, at the sea is silence, i don't know, why it is buggy, but, it is i wanted to of course make it local, but, how? :confused:

I tried this several with normal or betapatches, but, i really don't know, where is problem, because that config for sounds was ok, just only some sounds was not working and some yes..

Well then I suggest you release a hotfix asap just taking out the ambient sounds for now until you can find a solution to the problem. Really, I'm not over exaggerating when I said it's really annoying. And it seems to only be the loud industrial buzzing sound for me....and that sounds out of place on every other map!! :mad:

But sorry for all the bashing, Love the map and cant wait for the Stalker of Namlask mod! :)

I found the AII location . . . but I can't find the entrance to the underground? I did include the AII Laboratory Module too . . .

A quick tour underground....

Love the map! Especially the underground . . . I might have to shoot you some questions about the underground for a future mission.

Altough I must say the ambient sounds in every map is a major problem . . . only I get random ambient wind rather than industrial buzzing that is affecting every other map.