Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Challenger 2.

only seen the hold bar for the ecm in desert camo sry :) might edit it but not atm sry lads:D

nah dave think its ur turn to fix the sights on the commander view, u dont need me u know what to do and can do it way better than me..!!!

Yeah let me just turn on my PC that's two counties away and fix it

:rolleyes:

only seen the hold bar for the ecm in desert camo sry :) might edit it but not atm sry lads:D

The bar is not produced in woodland, at least by my knowledge.

Its not produced in any colour. Its made of steel and then painted.

The only reason you only see it in tan is because it was only part of the kit fitted to CR2 when it was deployed to Iraq. Towards the end of the war it was more common to see these extra bits being added on in green or even bare metal.

Its not produced in any colour. Its made of steel and then painted.

The only reason you only see it in tan is because it was only part of the kit fitted to CR2 when it was deployed to Iraq. Towards the end of the war it was more common to see these extra bits being added on in green or even bare metal.

Thanks for clarifying.

@Anybody! So I'll just go right ahead and say it.

I've played the Arma series for MANY years, having installed 1000's of addons using the modfolder method. I'm running ARMA2+OA+Reinforcements, patched to 1.60, with reinforcement's patched to their relative newest patch (not RC version, the finsl 1.60 release).

My ukf_chally2.pbo is in the right place with all my other UKF stuff. SOooooooo, I load up the game, EVERY OTHER UKF file is present and the "tracked" option simply isn't above "Wheeled" any more.

So, I have no other option than to BEG for help in fixing this problem. I'm hoping it's just the patch or something. Haven't reinstalled with 1.59 yet and checked if it works.

Ps. just so we're clear...if I was only allowed to keep ONE tank addon for Arma2 CO, this would be it. Fuck it, if I could only keep ONE ADDON, this would still be it. BAF isn't the same without this monster!

Edited by Lost_Samurai

Hey guys had a quick play last night.. Real nice addon.. One thing i noticed was that I got an error message about a texture I think. Will look tonight and find out what it said...

Good job lads and sweet tank?

Lost Sam:

I had same problem, but I have made a @Chal and but in the Challenger and the other things that it needs, and then it works.

So all other UKF in on @ and the Cnallenger and the stuff it need in another @ :)

Sorry guys I haven't had chance to test the new version yet but I was wondering whether it is ACE compatible? Specifically, does it use the ACE armour values system and the 'lase' capability? The armour system in particular would make it much more realistic as I know Pathy had concerns about how to balance it when using the silly BIS armour values.

Cheers.

There's an ace config included in the download.

If you're not using ACE, don't include the ACE config as this could be what's causing some of your issues

Thanks.

I haven't tested the addon yet so I'm not having issues. Was just asking whether it was ACE compatible. :)

It's not just ACE Compatible, it's ACE Centric -the entire upgrade was built around the original plan to update to the ACE FCS after we had a VCB Tank session and its shortcomings came to the fore.

And then with that, of course had to add the different rounds -FIN, HESH and WP- and give them the right velocities..

..and then with that, of course the appropriate optics and back up systems like smoke launchers..

..and then with that, of course the right names for all the systems and fix performance characteristics.

..and then with that, of course a better sound set and other config edits..

And so on!

One of the main bits we didn't fuck with, however, was the armour system -it seemed pretty well matched as it was. Pathy made a great post on the matter in the past in this thread

In my mind, the main focus of this update was bringing this tank addon up to a standard of playability and appearance where it stood alongside it's contemporaries in the same manner as the real steel does to other MBTs

Edited by DaveP

Okay thanks for the info.

Out of interest, from re-reading Pathy's post (link below) the ACE armour values are way higher than default BIS values. This being the case, what value has been given to the new ACE'd version of the Chally? Higher than the ACE M1A2 TUSK? ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1538745&postcount=62

I'm doing something very wrong here, I can't find the units in the editor!

The game shows the addon loaded in the first screen, but I can't find it, either empty or otherwise. In fact, I don't see the UK Armed Forces faction in the editor either.

I've tried loading the two UKF dependencies before the tank and after it, but still no joy. Most odd!

Just a point, a lot of Chally 2 crews steal the TI system off the Warriors when they get the chance.

Just a point, a lot of Chally 2 crews steal the TI system off the Warriors when they get the chance.

:rolleyes:

Damn Brits, even steal from their own military!

I didn't know they focused on recruiting Chally crews from Liverpool.

I didn't know they focused on recruiting Chally crews from Liverpool.

Can't be from Liverpool - they wouldn't have any wheels either. There'd be Warrior 'bunkers' up on bricks all over the place.

@Higgings

Thanks for taking the time to reply, did like you said, but still no luck. It also still gives me the "cannot play mission...dependent on downloadable content blablabla" message because Ukf_chally2.pbo is not found, yet it's RIGHT F@*&^ing there when I Alt-Tab out to check it AGAIN. I'm stumped. I'm starting to think it's not actually me doing anything wrong here...yet most posts here report no problem!

@Tankbuster - If somewhere, somehow you fing a solution PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

If anybody can help I would be eternally grateful, 90% of my missions are using this addon and losing it would pretty much wipe the 1000's of hours spent during 2011 right of the table. And no, I'm NOT WILLING to edit the Mission.sqm to remove it all.:headscratch: Feeling like a noob sucks....

for people having problems finding it in the editor: the chally2 pbo doesnt have a config. You need the ace_cfg.pbo also in the mod folder.

There is also an rvmat error.

That's got it. You need the ace_cfg.pbo file too.

There's an ace config included in the download.

If you're not using ACE, don't include the ACE config as this could be what's causing some of your issues

Having a look at the addon, there isn't a config.cpp/.bin in ukf_chally2.pbo any more - so you have to use ukf_chally2_ace_cfg.pbo and the ACE dependencies.

One suspects that the people who can't find the addon in the editor are people trying to run the addon without ACE and the necessary config.

I think Dave and DK explained several months ago that a non-ACE config would only materialise if they had time to make one, since the initial purpose of the update was to add an FCS which they could only facilitate with ACE - evidently they haven't found time to do the non-ACE one.

Ed:- Soul posted the same thing while I was typing.

So the question is, what effect does this have if we use this, complete with ACE config in a non ACE server?

Having a quick look through the config the only additional problem I can see is that the L34 Smoke rounds will throw up an error without ACE, as they use the mod's WP explosion effect. Seems to be the only 'solid' ACE dependency.

I don't think any of the stuff associated with the FCS will cause problems. It's all attributed to specific config value with ACE 'flags' that are only executed when ACE is running; so standard ArmA processes should simply ignore them. At least that's what happens with the ACE features in the UKF weapon pack that have these sort of config flags.

Of course, without ACE people have to manually elevate the gun and make do without a rangefinder - fortunately one of the optics modes features a ballistic graticule that allows shooting out to some decent distances with manual elevation (it's only an optical daysight though).

However, this is just based on a cursory glance at the addon - I'm was not involved with it enough to know whether there are other areas where ACE 'dependencies' might be introduced: i.e. don't take my comments as having any real authority regarding this CR2.

Just have to test it out without ACE and see if anything goes tits-up really. :D