Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

2nd Rangers Multicam

Very cool! Are you going to be releasing them as another blufor side? (like the F-16 mod) Or just as a new "[ranger]Rifleman" kind of deal in with the marines?

Blueteamguy: All the XM8s are that way. I'd use them more during multiplayer if they didn't block so much of my view. Plus, I remember seeing a picture of some rangers with HK SCAR-H's showing off during a NASCAR race. (I can't remember which model it is. At least it's not the Crysis SCAR. But codemasters did get the idea right with giving the SF units SCARs)

PS: Nixo-Change the straps for the holster and belt to an olive drab or "coyote" tan. The Camo'd gear doesn't look as good with the black material compared to OD. You might even add a basic lo-res texture to it so that it's not a solid color.

Edited by AJsarge

DELTA ONE ZERO

Excellent work with the Rangers. Though just wondering do you have any plans to add knee pads to any of the units in the future?

-Yes, soldiers with kneepads will be added before the beta release.

BLUETEAMGUY

Sup?

I noticed that you have a guy with an M8 Compact, any chance you'll be doing the actual carbine as well? I think the compact is... Small and the way BIS has it gripped doesn't look right to me.

- The M8 will most likely be removed. But if I use the M8 the carbine will more likely be equipped by these units.

AJSARGE

Very cool! Are you going to be releasing them as another blufor side? (like the F-16 mod) Or just as a new "[ranger]Rifleman" kind of deal in with the marines?

They are under BLUEFOR/75th Ranger Regiment/2nd Rangers. And holster colour will be changed!

Very nice work Nixo91..the pics are awesome...the backpacks looks cools too :yay::yay:

Thanks for replying to my post nixo, definitely can't wait to get my hands on these. Would be perfect for some missions in Afghan Village or Avgani.

Thanks for the feedback and reference pictures :) More WIP,s in a couple of days

That would be coooll.

Nixo91, you can ask the permission of .jhonny (creator of awesome US SF), he designed some awesome backpacks too

Yes, that has crossed my mind. But then again I am pretty determined to do everything myself. I asked him to convert his units to arma 2 and i asked ardvarkdb to do the same thing (multicam sf) but Jhonny tought his units were not ArmA II quality, wich I do not think is the case cuz they look fantastic. But it is his units, his decission.

I will probably ask for some models of Jhonny, and if I have time and will I could ask him if he would be so kind to send me his unbinarized models so I could convert them over to ArmA II.

P.S. I am taking a short break from doing my units. I have got a lot of things to think about right now.

But I promise a release! I am not leaving this project at all. See the release in a couple of weeks, Before Xmas atleast :D

Yes, that has crossed my mind. But then again I am pretty determined to do everything myself. I asked him to convert his units to arma 2 and i asked ardvarkdb to do the same thing (multicam sf) but Jhonny tought his units were not ArmA II quality, wich I do not think is the case cuz they look fantastic. But it is his units, his decission.

I will probably ask for some models of Jhonny, and if I have time and will I could ask him if he would be so kind to send me his unbinarized models so I could convert them over to ArmA II.

P.S. I am taking a short break from doing my units. I have got a lot of things to think about right now.

But I promise a release! I am not leaving this project at all. See the release in a couple of weeks, Before Xmas atleast :D

I was looking forward to these releasing soon, too... :( Well, I'll just have to wait that much longer for these babies!

I was looking forward to these releasing soon, too... :( Well, I'll just have to wait that much longer for these babies!

Yeah.. :(

Anyone know any good upload sites? :D

Yousendit is good, mediafire, filefront, rapidshare. Etc.

BETA VERSION AVAILABLE

Download Link

Radipshare:http://rapidshare.com/files/297490349/NIX75thRangers.7z

Armaholic mirror:

- 2nd Rangers Multicam

Required addons

- M4 Front Handgrip Weapons (included)

- M16a4 Front Handgrip Weapons (included)

nimetn5653e02aPNG.pngnimetn255242ed5PNG.pngnimetn37da04730PNG.pngnimetn46e76adedPNG.pngnimetn576f7e2d5PNG.png

NOTE units are at beta stage! You will probably find many problems with the units, but it will be fixed later.

These units require christian.1987s Handgrip weapons m4a1&m16a4. The weapons are included in the download file!

The units are found under 75th ranger regiment/2nd rangers.

There is alot of units wich has got no special purpose therefore I have not yet given them the correct names, you will find soldiers with names as Ranger X and sf3/sf4 etc.

Remember this is just a beta, it was released so you can tell me what I need to improve.

Edited by Nixo

you making them in any other camouflages?

Maybe

Just wanted to point out a texture glitch on at least some of the vests. The ACU guys seem to be fine, though!

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...ure_glitch.jpg

What do you mean with the texture glitch? Is there no textures on the vest?

Edited by Nixo

is there a reason you can never get proper 'groups' in mods? it would be nice if you could have the option to deploy a squad of OMON, BW, rangers etc, instead of having to deploy individual units every time.