Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Oki :) Was hopeing for a second :P I really like the idea with the search and fire control radar so would have been nice.

What kind of tracking do these things have if the fcr is taken out? Or is that pretty much game over for them then? I remember playing with the Rapier at duxford and tracking jets with the IR

What kind of tracking do these things have if the fcr is taken out? Or is that pretty much game over for them then? I remember playing with the Rapier at duxford and tracking jets with the IR

In this current format (ie non FCSS enabled) the Search and Fire Control radars are just spotters for the launcher. THe Search and FCS units have a longer detection range and a much higher sensitivity.

With the FCSS is configuarable per unit. The Field Standard C (FSC) Rapier System uses:

1. DAGGER Search Radar ~20km on unobstructed terrain.
  2. BLINDFIRE Fire Control Radar ~ 12km on unobstructed terrain.
  3. Rapier Launcher (which includes a microwave radar and optical tracker) ~7km

The MIM-23 Enhanced HAWK and others will use something similar.

But as I said in the first post its current unscripted form engages all types of aircraft at nearly all speeds from about 3km. So if you are careful about placement (ie hide it behind a ridgeline) its actually pretty effective.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Oki :) Was hopeing for a second :P I really like the idea with the search and fire control radar so would have been nice.

It will come in time. Right now its not such a huge priority. I'm trying to finish up about 10-15 projects right now that could be released without the supporting scripts. We'll update them all later when the scripts are done.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
formating and a few additions

On the Harrier could we see the nice greay and green camo? Really looks nice. Here is an pic to show with the schemes http://img860.imageshack.us/i/1880358.jpg/ I try to add image but it does not show up on post. Here is also an link http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/British-Aerospace-Harrier/1880358/&sid=577746613e1906ff5a87e42868559f5f

Edited by 1in1class

On the Harrier could we see the nice greay and green camo? Really looks nice.

That scheme was only worn by one aircraft for a couple of weeks before the RAF/RN retired Harrier; I don't think the effort on Rock's part would be worth it.

Since the Harrier will probably likely be able to use hiddenselectiontexture like the Typhoons to some degree (in order to change the squadron markings) it may be possible for you to easily retexture the harrier if you really want one like that, but we shall have to see.

I've done a similar scheme for the new Typhoon for fun, but not given it to Rock.

Sounds good, would love to see that scheme on the Typhoon too. Dont know much about retexture on addons, but if you can talk to Rock about giving the scheme on the Typhoon that would be very nice as well as seeing it on the Harrier.

I would have said that was bluey grey but it would be very nice to have on maybe an update like Rock was doing for the Typhoon,That might give him a better chance and It would probably look better.

Personally I'm not much interested in the old green/grey schemes. But there is nothing to stop you doing your own once the new version is public. As Da12thmonkey will tell you its pretty easy with the texture and config template.

He's been generous enough to make the colour schemes for all the international Typhoon 1.4 schemes. It will be the same process for the Harrier. It's really just a case of inheriting from the base class and adding your own skin and weapons config. Its not rocket science.

It's really just a case of inheriting from the base class and adding your own skin and weapons config. Its not rocket science.

Even easier than that, you can just bung the .paa texture in a mission folder in your ArmA 2 user profile and apply it from there if you don't want to make a 'serious' addon out of it. You lot should quite happily be able to share any reskins you make for fun, simply by uploading a .paa file and getting your mates to stick it in their mission. Might be worth sticking an example mission and .paa in the release archive to demonstrate this.

As Rock said, the .psd texture templates make it dead easy to do some pretty spiffy reskins: Since doing the international markings for the future 1.4 release I've had plenty of fun making 'whatif' schemes for the Typhoon like Canadian and Danish schemes, the old RAF wraparound camo (as mentioned before), even a Red Arrows jet.

Obviously these unrealistic textures aren't worth sticking in any of Rock's official .pbos for the addon as they just take up space; but once the new Typhoon version is out one could always stick the .paa files on a file-hosting site for anybody who wants to muck about with funny coloured Typhoons. And I'm sure there will be plenty of encouragement for the rest of you with Photoshop to so the same, and see who can be the most creative. :)

Honestly, the texture templates are a great initiative on Rock's behalf.

I would have said that was bluey grey...

It's semigloss BS 638 (British Standard 638) - Dark Sea Grey ;)

Edited by da12thMonkey

Dont know much about texture or reskins on addons as it would be an second nature to da12thmonkey an you Rock, it would go more better in ways with you guys, but if anything if da12thmonkey is up for it as he has done the Typhoon in this similar scheme, that would be nice in the next update. Keep the good work up guys.

lets hope your scripts gonna fix this:

mC7gilxJD-w

lets hope your scripts gonna fix this:

[YOUTUBE]mC7gilxJD-w[YOUTUBE]

Thats down to a duff rocket motor. Un even burn rate due to decomposing propellant pack.

why so serious? it was ment as military blooper related to your project :p

P.S. i always admired eastern block sams.

why so serious? it was ment as military blooper related to your project :p

P.S. i always admired eastern block sams.

I hadn't realised i was being "serious". ;)

I see you're posting erotic images again...

Looking very nice I must say.

Fucking sexy work, Rock, as always. I'm looking forward to all of your projects and craving my next RKSL fix like some cracked out meth head. :p

lovely AA goodies

This morning's output.

PR-Desert_Hawk_UAV_001.jpg

PR-Desert_Hawk_UAV_002.jpg

PR-Desert_Hawk_UAV_003.jpg

This addon includes the ROVER terminal and until we sort our own UAV system it will use the stock BIS setup.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Very nice! :)

Are you going to let it be packed down into a backpack (like the weapon bags). Maybe one for the wings and one for the fuselage?

Also, could this be hand launched with the bungee cord?

Thx

Edited by Das Attorney

I like the new website is down sign, its much better than joombla.

Are you just doing everything at once so we can all explode with joy when they all come out at the same time?

Edited by Aerodude111

...Are you going to let it be packed down into a backpack (like the weapon bags). Maybe one for the wings and one for the fuselage?

In the first release, no. You'll have to spawn it or place it in the mission using the normal BIS UAV module.

We've discussed various methods for future versions but so far we've not actually developed anything.

...Also, could this be hand launched with the bungee cord?

One method was to use a proxy weapon and hand launch it like throwing a grenade. Bungee cords are also possible, its just a matter of config really. But like i said earlier we have actually done anything with it just yet.

Are you just doing everything at once so we can all explode with joy when they all come out at the same time?

Right now i'm just trying to get everything working :)

British Standard 381 C:637 Medium Sea Grey or the inevitable BS 381 C:627 Light Aircraft Grey wrap-around scheme.

Edited by jagheterjan
Early morning brain knot fixed.

British Standard 381 C:637 Medium Sea Grey or the inevitable BS 381 C:627 Light Aircraft Grey wrap-around scheme.

Light Aircraft Grey was used for the undersides of aircraft when the RAF wore the old green/grey camouflage scheme. The underside of Nimrod was LAG when they had 'Hemp' on the upper surfaces.

The single colour all-over grey shades used now are either 637 MSG, or 626 Camouflage Grey

IIRC the later grey Nimrod R.1s and MR.2s used camouflage grey. MRA.4 was MSG.