Sign in to follow this  
KorpeN

Important Fix for the next patch.

BIS plz remove the left mouse button as action button or at least put it as option to the control settings so everyone can choose if it is useful for him or not.There are many times that I accidentally move the mouse wheel when I have to shoot and the soldier acts different because I press the left m.button to shoot..I have been killed many times by this mistake.Make it as it was in ArmA1.

Yes I totally agree. I tried to remove the action from the config file but then it wouldn't shoot, this is a very serious problem especially when you play against other people, considering also the slow way the animations are performed in ArmA2. In ArmA1 there was no such problem.

This is definitely a point which should be configurable in the options. (I don't have any problems the way it's now, but I can understand you.)

Agreed (and also voted at DH :) )

But please let the right mouse button to go back (or exit) in the options menu! Cool feature.

Or do it all customizable at once. :)

Edited by Undeceived

I didn't like it at first, but once I got used to it I found it rather convenient. There aren't any menu items that pop up during actual combat, so if you die its because you need more practice with your mouse.

Theres already a Patch 1.05 suggestions thread for this.

This is soo annoying however, the controls for squad commanding in ARMA1 imo were far less clunky, more efficient and something needs to be done about them in ARMA2 =P

Theres already a Patch 1.05 suggestions thread for this.

This is soo annoying however, the controls for squad commanding in ARMA1 imo were far less clunky, more efficient and something needs to be done about them in ARMA2 =P

You're talking about a different thing.

I didn't like it at first, but once I got used to it I found it rather convenient. There aren't any menu items that pop up during actual combat, so if you die its because you need more practice with your mouse.

If you play pvp in a tournament with all the anxiety you might do a mistake. Been playing cs for years and I can tell you I have no problem controlling the mouse.

Agree.

There is already a keybind to this function, no need to have it on another one (especialy not on the fire button).

agreed

plus: when not moving, gun in hand, open map, close map, why do I have to move to get my gun back in hand ? I was just behind this wall, my position was perfect, watching my map should not make me move when closing it to get my gun back on target.

plus: forbid that stupid helo gunner to change the weapon I prepare when I'm on manual fire. All helo pilots have to make their gunner eject in order for them to live in peace. If I'm on manual fire, the gunner should just do nothing and let me chose my weapon alone.

agreed

plus: when not moving, gun in hand, open map, close map, why do I have to move to get my gun back in hand ? I was just behind this wall, my position was perfect, watching my map should not make me move when closing it to get my gun back on target.

You crouch and put your gun down so you can 'look' at the map. That doesnt explain how you can run while holding the map perfectly still, but i like that feature. :p

Edited by NeMeSiS
Used 'still' 3 times in 1 sentence

Maybe the Coop guyz doesnt care too much about this problem but in PvP action where is so much tense you have to act quickly and sometimes this thing happens.It;s very annoying.At least put it as an option ..dont disable it at all..

This would be very appreciated BIS, I kill myself all the time when I have mines and Satchel charges planted............. :o

You crouch and put your gun down so you can 'look' at the map. That doesnt explain how you can run while holding the map perfectly still, but i like that feature. :p

Hmm? You stop now when you get the map out. Totally awsome. Serious.

Because you need your hands to get the map out.