Island Panthera for ArmA 2

IceBreakr

nice island you got the

i found a little bug

at the most north airfield there is grass coming trough the concrete

at the left side

its repeating within 20 meter

so if you land its like green grey green grey

PS i heard rumours that government of Afrene where looking for government plane and were thinking about buying a Boeing 767. pm if i am correct

I got a problem with the v2.5. When i'm trying to start the map in the editor (not preview button IN the editor - main menu!) i get a crash to desktop. :confused:

@Icebreakr

I let me drive for about an hour around the new version of the island and I am impressed with the changes! Very good!

Still there are some little issues:

- the shacks which are commonly in the near of the ArmA1 factory have the floating shadows bug.

- Some of the bridges are not crossable for AI (the most are)

- I think the flat buildings from Sahrani don't fit into the overall architecture. It's better to keep all in the East European style. It's a good mix of OFP,ArmA1 and ArmA2 buildings.

Thank you for the update, and thank you for you great islands!

Bjorn Bakker: working on grass-removal. So far Afrene is not interested in 767 due to close proximity of Molatian AA defenses :)

Lastuslustus: bug, install Duala 1.31 and it will work. Will remove the dependency in update shorty

Kroky: its months old bug in BIS's buildings.pbo and they didn't fix it yet. To get rid of the shadow bug use Shadows:High.

Alex72: thank you for testing, I'm glad you like the new textures.

p.s. I'm tired of repeating myself, many bugs are already reported - you can see the list here.

... Lastuslustus: bug, install Duala 1.31 and it will work. Will remove the dependency in update shorty ...

Many thanks for the tip. There are no error messages if you start ARMA 2 with Panthera and Duala.

...\arma2.exe" -mod=@duala;@Panthera

Panthera is a veritable feast for the eyes.

Master piece again Ice. Just flew over the island and it looks very natural/organic now. Damn fine work sir. :)

Lastuslustus: bug, install Duala 1.31 and it will work. Will remove the dependency in update shorty

Duala v.1.31 was already installed. Arma without it is no more an option ;)

But the problem was still there by starting Duala AND panthera. But maybe i got the key: i changed the old ibr_rn.pbo from @duala folder with the one in the panthera folder (the new one date 18.03.2010) and now it works and right now i'm right in the middle of panthera :yay:

Well, ibr_rn.pbo shouldn't be in the duala folder since Duala doesn't use it. Good thing that you sorted it out.

Have to ask if this 'bin\config.bin/CfgSurfaceCharacters/ibr_rockClutter.probability' problem have been solved.

And as many have said already, this island is absolutly fantastic!

I am having an issue with Duala when both Duala and Panthera are used together. Panthera will look fine and normal, then I go to play Duala but I find that it has no grass. It is simply solved by removing Panthera whenever I want to play Duala and readding when I want to play Panthera. I don't know what could be causing this, but seeing as the solution is a minor inconvenience, it doesn't bother me much.

Hi there, been trying to host this map but have a couple of questions:

Is the server key the same as the server key for Duala? I'm a little confused because they seem to be the same name.

When using the ingame mission generator, I keep getting a "no good position found" error no matter what I try to generate and no matter where I am on the map. What am I doing wrong?

Since I'm the author of both addons server key is of course the same.

I'm not sure how you got that error, didn't see it even once? Are you using Wizard or 2D Editor?

I'm working hard on new update where I'll solve all the issues reported here.

EDIT: Picture removed

Edited by Contact

2nd Battalion: explained at least 3x times in this topic. Wait for an update, I've managed to fix most of the stuff.

Update Monday: all errors and bugs were fixed! Internal version is being tested by my team as you read this. Will release v2.6 as soon as its confirmed "bug-free" =)

Edited by IceBreakr

Hey IceBreakr, can´t wait. ;-) In case you need any help testing it feel free to PM me. With 21 AAS-Panthera-Missions today, a big Tournament (AGW) that wants to use them soon and AAS-Final being not far away as well I´ve all possible interest in a working Panthera-Release. :)

Will release v2.6 as soon as its confirmed "bug-free" =)

Don't rush it, take the time needed :)

Release of v2.6 today or tommorow. 30+ bugfixes already incorporated in a week time.

Good to hear, I've been waiting for the 2.6 release before testing this so i can enjoy it without the errors I've heard off. I can't wait :D

Release of v2.6 today or tommorow. 30+ bugfixes already incorporated in a week time.

Can't wait for the new release!! :yay:

I have a "nice suprise" integrated into v2.6, a small 1-day project ;) keep tuned, coming later today.

edit: got a crash, spent couple of hours just restoring from backups. Undo function in V3 doesn't actually mean you'll get your stuff back *grr*...

I need day or two to wrap it up. Sorry for the hold-up.

Edited by IceBreakr

I have a "nice suprise" integrated into v2.6, a small 1-day project ;) keep tuned, coming later today.

Free bacon?

im off to sit in the log cabin for a bit...